Harbaugh/Kelly Grudge

stony

Does anybody know the back story regarding what Colin was saying. He basically broke it down giving reasons why Luck will not want to come to Buffalo. One of the major reasons was that Jim Harbaugh hates Jim Kelly because he broke his hand punching Kelly?

Also said that Luck's father doesn't like the Bills organization. Nothing new here I suppose.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

back in the 90's when harbaugh played for the colts kelly said harbaugh played with no heart...him and kelly got into it before a game and harbaugh took a swing at jimbo and broke his hand. interesting, i think the colts were in the afc title game the year before and harbaugh was the comeback player of the year and after harbaugh went down the team tanked the season going on to draft manning...

back in the 90's when harbaugh played for the colts kelly said harbaugh played with no heart...him and kelly got into it before a game and harbaugh took a swing at jimbo and broke his hand. interesting, i think the colts were in the afc title game the year before and harbaugh was the comeback player of the year and after harbaugh went down the team tanked the season going on to draft manning...

IIRC, what Jim (Kelly) actually said, was that Harbaugh "faked injuries"...which I guess could be interpreted to mean he "has no heart". Love Jim (Kelly), but even then, I thought he was way off the mark. That was during Kelly's brief history as a color analyst, a job he wasn't so great at. I always assumed it came from something else, like something had gone down between the two of them in the past, or, the network Kelly was working for (I think it was ESPN at the time)encouraging him to be more "opinionated" and controversial.

Cowherd said Luck wont want to go to Buffalo because of that incident way back when? I doubt Harbaugh still holds grudge over that, c'mon. Was he sayin Luck wont declare if Buffalo gets #1 pick? stupid. guess there was lack of news today.

It was in a hotel for pre game interviews.

Probably another reason, besides the talking like he has marbles in his mouth, that Jim Kelly was never successful with a cross over to the booth.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-746436.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/08/05/sports/pro-football-the-new-line-on-harbaugh-he-has-a-line.html

Cowherd said Luck wont want to go to Buffalo because of that incident way back when? I doubt Harbaugh still holds grudge over that, c'mon. Was he sayin Luck wont declare if Buffalo gets #1 pick? stupid. guess there was lack of news today.

Yeah, I don't get that either. I can see Harbaugh holding a grudge (questioning a football players toughness is a major "no-no"), but not so much that Luck would pass up on the chance to be the first pick in the NFL draft, if the Bills were to pick him. And why would Lucks' father hate the Bills organization so much? Did I miss something there? Or, is it one of those Archie Manning not wanting Eli to go to San Diego, because they were a bad franchise, type of things?

Does anybody know the back story regarding what Colin was saying. He basically broke it down giving reasons why Luck will not want to come to Buffalo. One of the major reasons was that Jim Harbaugh hates Jim Kelly because he broke his hand punching Kelly?

Also said that Luck's father doesn't like the Bills organization. Nothing new here I suppose.

What a retarded statement, yeah i am sure if this kid is taken #1 and becomes financially set for life his father will be grossly upset. Stick to kissing Kobe, Jeter and Tigers ass Colin, that is all you know how to do.

Yeah, I don't get that either. I can see Harbaugh holding a grudge (questioning a football players toughness is a major "no-no"), but not so much that Luck would pass up on the chance to be the first pick in the NFL draft, if the Bills were to pick him. And why would Lucks' father hate the Bills organization so much? Did I miss something there? Or, is it one of those Archie Manning not wanting Eli to go to San Diego, because they were a bad franchise, type of things?

He didn't elaborate on this point at all. Just that his dad doesn't like the Bill's. The first thing I thought of was the Archie/Eli situation. It was more of Cowherd opining, you know, kick the small guy type thing that he has done more of lately.

I believe he also brought up the cold weather thing and even went so far as to say the Redskins should lose out and draft Luck. I laughed at that.

He ended by saying he thinks Harbaugh will take the Carolina job and woo Luck there.

Probably another reason, besides the talking like he has marbles in his mouth, that Jim Kelly was never successful with a cross over to the booth.

That's an understatement. He was just terrible in the booth. He gives a great interview, conducts himself in a very classy way in general, and has employed self-deprecation with great success, but Lordy did he ever suck as an analyst.

He didn't elaborate on this point at all. Just that his dad doesn't like the Bill's. The first thing I thought of was the Archie/Eli situation. It was more of Cowherd opining, you know, kick the small guy type thing that he has done more of lately.

I believe he also brought up the cold weather thing and even went so far as to say the Redskins should lose out and draft Luck. I laughed at that.

He ended by saying he thinks Harbaugh will take the Carolina job and woo Luck there.

You know damn well this is going to happen.....

You know damn well this is going to happen.....

So then we still Draft Luck then Make Carolina Pay out of there @$$ to get him. Their first and second rd picks this year and their first and second next year, and if they dont like it, then tough $#!%, guess we keep Luck

If Cowher is ready to come back to coaching, he'll be coaching in Carolina. Harbaugh should stick to looking to get the Michigan gig.

This weekend, I met the bartender at The Bills bar in San Diego who played football at University Of San Diego under Jim Harbaugh about 3 years ago. He told me that Coach Harbaugh was one of the biggest egotistical pricks he ever met. He hated the guy. Harbaugh and Luck's names came up because this guy was a 49ers fan. I asked him what he though about Luck and Harbaugh jumping from Palo Alto to the Niners next season. He told me, that knowing what he knows of Harbaugh, It was unlikely that Luck would want to follow the guy anywhere.

Cowherd did say some good things about The Bills yesterday by the way. The conversation came up about relocation, and he said no way you move a Buffalo Bills franchise. The fans are too good, too proven of a product/fanbase in the region. Went on to say it should be Jacksonville that relocates to L.A.

Edited by BuffaloWest

This weekend, I met the bartender at The Bills bar in San Diego who played football at University Of San Diego under Jim Harbaugh about 3 years ago. He told me that Coach Harbaugh was one of the biggest egotistical pricks he ever met. He hated the guy. Harbaugh and Luck's names came up because this guy was a 49ers fan. I asked him what he though about Luck and Harbaugh jumping from Palo Alto to the Niners next season. He told me, that knowing what he knows of Harbaugh, It was unlikely that Luck would want to follow the guy anywhere.

Cowherd did say some good things about The Bills yesterday by the way. The conversation came up about relocation, and he said no way you move a Buffalo Bills franchise. The fans are too good, too proven of a product/fanbase in the region. Went on to say it should be Jacksonville that relocates to L.A.

Anyone who played sports well into high school or college knows that half a team normally hates the coach and the other half doesn’t. there are always the kids who really aren’t that good and are never going to play but think they should and they go around bad mouthing the coach. Then there are some that really enjoyed their experience and will go around telling other kids considering the school that the coach is really a great guy.

I heard an interview of Luck saying how smart a coach Harbaugh is and how much he respects him. He is one of the latter guys no doubt. But this guy is a bar tender after going to SDS? He likely was one of the other guys. That’s a real half empty half full scenario, so I wouldn’t take it without a huge grain of salt.

PS Luck wont be following him anywhere – he will get drafted and go wherever that is.

The Bills aren't gonna have the first pick overall.....

Agreed. The Bills are not even close to as bad as the Panthers are right now. They would even be 4-5 if they knew how to close out games. I just don't see them having the worst record in the league by the time the season is over. But Luck supporters can cling to the hope of losing if you want to. I have been wrong before :nana:

I also work w/ a guy who played for Harbaugh at San Diego and said that although he is definitely a hardass and he in fact hates the man, that he will and I quote, "go down as the greatest coach in the history of pro football."