Gotta love this quote from Wood

How can you not love this guy?

Wood added: "Had it not been raining we would have been able to air it out and Fitzy [quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick] would have lit them up. But this is Buffalo weather. We've got to pound out those victories."

We did run the ball well."

Here's the full article:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article253263.ece

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Interesting about the weather...John Lynch on Fox kept on saying how the Bills needed to be more aggressive, even with the lead. I wonder if he knew it was rainy & windy.

Regarding the comment, you can't not think that these guys love Fitz. Given what these guys have had over the past few years, it's refreshing to see them playing hard for a QB who has no fear.

Interesting about the weather...John Lynch on Fox kept on saying how the Bills needed to be more aggressive, even with the lead. I wonder if he knew it was rainy & windy.

Regarding the comment, you can't not think that these guys love Fitz. Given what these guys have had over the past few years, it's refreshing to see them playing hard for a QB who has no fear.

Nice to see them rally round Fitz. At least they're having fun despite being 1-8.

I kind of think Fitzy may be made for bad weather. He is more mobile, knows how to play within the envelope and seems to have a strong arm. If he turns out to be one of those guys who plays well in bad weather (like Jim Kelly?) we may have found an answer at qb. Let's see how the season plays out.

I had no problem with the Bills getting conservative. They were wide open vs. Balt, KC, Chicago with the game on the line and it backfired. Glad they got this win and moved on. Now they can chuck it 50 times a game again...i don't care.

I'll say one thing...if they can't get that Franchise QB...i feel pretty good with Fitz if they can build up the trenches and get more talent at other positions. I think Fitz has enough experience and smarts now to be better than any rookie coming in, at least for next season.

in a season where the record is not trending towards even a good season, I love how much intensity and focus the players have shown, and it's refreshing to see them believe in one another for once. If Ryan improves his accuracy, I don't see why he couldn't become a franchise QB. Right now though, he's not quite there yet. He is however the best QB this team has had since Flutie, (I did not like the cement shoe-ed Bledsoe era)

Wood added: "Had it not been raining we would have been able to air it out and Fitzy [quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick] would have lit them up. But this is Buffalo weather. We've got to pound out those victories."

Here's the full article:

Considering what Wood overcame from that horrific injury last year I agree how can you not love this guy!

Here's the full article:

And there in lies the truth...The bills have to run the ball well in November/December to win games at the Ralph. They did it yesterday. They still haven't put together a complete game...I hope it will come in the next few weeks.

They said the same things when Edwards replaced Losman. Losman was taking a ton of sacks and blame was on the OL. Let us give Fitz the entire season to see how he develops.

And there in lies the truth...The bills have to run the ball well in November/December to win games at the Ralph. They did it yesterday. They still haven't put together a complete game...I hope it will come in the next few weeks.

They said the same things when Edwards replaced Losman. Losman was taking a ton of sacks and blame was on the OL. Let us give Fitz the entire season to see how he develops.

Edwards never threw for over 300yds though.

The only thing left for Fitz to show is that he can bring the team back at the end of a game, or play well in the clutch. There will be some chances for him to play in those circumstances some time this season. We will see if he has made progress in those areas. If not, then I think they should spend the 1st round pick on a QB.

I still don't get the feeling from his interviews/ body language that it's "his team". I know he has to earn that, but maybe the coaching staff isn't giving him that kind of support either (and maybe they don't feel it is "his team", I don't know). Just my impression.

The only thing left for Fitz to show is that he can bring the team back at the end of a game, or play well in the clutch. There will be some chances for him to play in those circumstances some time this season. We will see if he has made progress in those areas. If not, then I think they should spend the 1st round pick on a QB.

I still don't get the feeling from his interviews/ body language that it's "his team". I know he has to earn that, but maybe the coaching staff isn't giving him that kind of support either (and maybe they don't feel it is "his team", I don't know). Just my impression.

Its funny how you say "the only thing" when that is sort of the most important thing a QB has to do.

I'm gonna hate it if this guy gets the Bills a few more meaningless wins and knocks us out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

The only thing left for Fitz to show is that he can bring the team back at the end of a game, or play well in the clutch.

Hmm, I guess that must have been another quarterback who did that against Baltimore and Kansas City.

Hmm, I guess that must have been another quarterback who did that against Baltimore and Kansas City.

They lost those games. That's not clutch enough.

Its funny how you say "the only thing" when that is sort of the most important thing a QB has to do.

I'm gonna hate it if this guy gets the Bills a few more meaningless wins and knocks us out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

I'm no way understating the importance of that. In fact, if you didn't have an axe to grind, you would see that I am hingeing the entire decision of whether or not to spend the 1st pick on a QB on Fitz proving he can come through in those situations.

I think that's pretty clear in my post. F off.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I feel the team believes in him because of the vast improvement in the passing game under Fitz, and You gotta believe they love his gutsy play. TE got a little reckless at times but Fitz's mentality reminds me of Jimbo's, where he will do anything for a win. It's one thing to sell out for a TD or a first down, but how can you not love the block leading a CJ run that had the Lion's DB doing a mid-air cartwheel. The guy has grit.

It's easy for the team to rally behind a QB with heart and guts. Great down field block fitz.

Loved that!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You can't criticize fitz for missing at the end of games like Balt and KC unless you give him credit for being the sole reason they were anywhere near having a chance at victory in those games.