Vikings players "hate" their head coach

stevestojan

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5789738

Such fine quotes as:

"We know Childress doesn't have our backs, why should we have his? We're playing for us, and winning despite him"

"We got too many good football players, and we won't lay down like Dallas."

"As much as I hate Childress, I will keep playing"

Player's coach there boys... wow.

This reminds me of the time that the Bills players knew a loss at Tampa Bay would cost Hank Bullough his job and Bruce Smith told the huddle something like: Any of you make any F'n tackles & I'll kill you. I heard Fred Smerlas tell that story on WHAM once. Smerlas called Bullough brain cell because in Fred's mind, Hank only had one brain cell.

I do not understand this in Minnesota. The players are players, Childress needs to put his foot down. Favre is not doing any favors of leading by example. That d-bag has ruined his legacy and if some of these stories coming out of Green Bay now ever gain any attraction people will learn that he's been acting this way all along. Ted Thompson isn't looking so stupid now.

Childress will be canned in Minnesota because of mutiny. They don't realize that it's not easy to find a good headcoach even with all their supposed talent. Look at Dallas.

I do not understand this in Minnesota. The players are players, Childress needs to put his foot down. Favre is not doing any favors of leading by example. That d-bag has ruined his legacy and if some of these stories coming out of Green Bay now ever gain any attraction people will learn that he's been acting this way all along. Ted Thompson isn't looking so stupid now.

Childress will be canned in Minnesota because of mutiny. They don't realize that it's not easy to find a good headcoach even with all their supposed talent. Look at Dallas.

The minute I heard Childress mocking his starting quarterback at his postgame press conference was the minute I thought he became the ex-head coach of the Vikings. He has no business being a head coach. Mocking your QB???? Now that's what you call being a douche bag. Childress will get fired and never be an NFL head coach again because of what he said in that press conference.

I've never heard of anything like this- these comments are extraordinary. How can he go to practice and try and tell these guys what to do with these quotes floating around out there. I bet you he'll resign before they have a chance to fire him. This is not like Tom Coughlin's players saying his practices are too hard, this is personal. "as much as I HATE Childress...?" Crazy!

The minute I heard Childress mocking his starting quarterback at his postgame press conference was the minute I thought he became the ex-head coach of the Vikings. He has no business being a head coach. Mocking your QB???? Now that's what you call being a douche bag. Childress will get fired and never be an NFL head coach again because of what he said in that press conference.

He wasn't mocking his quarterback -- it was a joke based on something Favre said earlier. There's a lot of things to criticize Childress on, but that Favre/hug comment isn't one of them.

Favre is not doing any favors of leading by example. That d-bag has ruined his legacy and if some of these stories coming out of Green Bay now ever gain any attraction people will learn that he's been acting this way all along.

Favre is ruining his legacy? A football player's legacy is only what he does on the field. People may love him or hate him for off the field stuff (see O.J.), but when the dust settles, the NFL records will show that Favre was one of the greatest players the league ever had. That's his legacy. I won't be purchasing his jersey or poster, but I respect what he has accomplished.

This reminds me of the time that the Bills players knew a loss at Tampa Bay would cost Hank Bullough his job and Bruce Smith told the huddle something like: Any of you make any F'n tackles & I'll kill you. I heard Fred Smerlas tell that story on WHAM once. Smerlas called Bullough brain cell because in Fred's mind, Hank only had one brain cell.

Classic!

He wasn't mocking his quarterback -- it was a joke based on something Favre said earlier. There's a lot of things to criticize Childress on, but that Favre/hug comment isn't one of them.

If it was a joke can I criticize his delivery? Cause it really sucked.

If it was a joke can I criticize his thought process? Cause only someone without a clue would offer that up as a joke in monotone with a straight face at a press conference after an improbable win where the coach should have been praising the comeback abilities of his team and QB (whom I dispise).

If it was a joke can I criticize his delivery? Cause it really sucked.

If it was a joke can I criticize his thought process? Cause only someone without a clue would offer that up as a joke in monotone with a straight face at a press conference after an improbable win where the coach should have been praising the comeback abilities of his team and QB (whom I dispise).

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-11-08/childress-remark-about-favre-needing-a-hug-was-a-joke

Favre is ruining his legacy? A football player's legacy is only what he does on the field. People may love him or hate him for off the field stuff (see O.J.), but when the dust settles, the NFL records will show that Favre was one of the greatest players the league ever had. That's his legacy. I won't be purchasing his jersey or poster, but I respect what he has accomplished.

+1 (Although I would buy a jersey/poster if I were about 15-20 yrs younger).

I'll go so far as to say Favre is the greatest QB of all time. He may not have the precision (or rings) of a Montana or Brady, and the [single season] stats of Manning, but he's more exciting than all of them. When Favre's in the game you never know what's going to happen.

I love Brett Favre.

Edited by Rob's House

You can take it however you want. Doesn't mean you'll be right.

Better?

:lol: take it however I want? I wasn't arguing with or refuting your contention that it was a joke. Joke or not it was badly delivered and a stupid thing for a 'leader' to do in public. That's all I'm saying. (oh...and Childress is worse at telling a joke than I am)

Better?

Smerlas is a tool and he might have two brain cells on a good day. He drops down to one if he sneezes though.

He dissed Marv after he left. He repeated acts like a jerk. My vote, take him off the wall, he is a Patriot* wannabe.

+1 (Although I would buy a jersey/poster if I were about 15-20 yrs younger).

I'll go so far as to say Favre is the greatest QB of all time. He may not have the precision (or rings) of a Montana or Brady, and the [single season] stats of Manning, but he's more exciting than all of them. When Favre's in the game you never know what's going to happen.

I love Brett Favre.

Farve may be "one of the most exciting" and he is great. Not the greatest of all time though. No way.

Smerlas is a tool and he might have two brain cells on a good day. He drops down to one if he sneezes though.

He dissed Marv after he left. He repeated acts like a jerk. My vote, take him off the wall, he is a Patriot* wannabe.

I was thinking that someone would have said that meant Bullough had 1 more than Freddie. I wouldn't go as far to want him off the wall, but the guy definitely is not my favorite ex-Bill to listen to on the radio. I stopped listening to Fred on WHAM years ago, because all he did was talk about the Patriots, right wing politics, and why he didn't think whoever was the Bills QB wasn't any good (well, he might have gotten that one right).