0 and 16 somehow exciting

marvlevy

Seems you have to work at this kind of record. Is it true it's only happened once in human history? So if they succeed what does that give them in the draft?

Well when you can find ways to loose like in the KC, Bal, and Chi games then your on your way to an 0-16 season. I do think Chan is doing a good job, but we need a head coach that has some common sense. The KC is just on prime example of why he is not ready to be a head coach. ITs like he was lost like George Edwards is out there every game. Cant wait till Cower comes to B-Low next year.

I couldn't care less what our record is this year. All that matters, IMO, is that we build off this season, have a GREAT draft, make smart FA decisions, and go into next season ready to make some noise. Hopefully this includes bringing in a real defensive coordinator who has the right proportions of white and gray matter in their brain.

In the spirit of making stats say what you want them to:

In the history of the NFL, no 0-16 team has ever had a winning season afterwards (small sample size of 1 and a half Lions seasons :) )

And of the 1-15 teams in the last 20 years:

2009 Rams: TBD but currently in 1st place the following year

2007 Fish: Division champ following season

2001 Panthers: Super Bowl two years later

2000 Chargers: 3 bad years, 12-4 division champ year four

1996 Jets: 9-7 following year, 12-4 division champ year two

1991 Colts: 9-7 following year, playoffs in 1995

1990 Pats: 3 bad years then playoffs in year 4

So while two of the 7 suffered for three more years, all of them recovered pretty well.

I'm really rooting for our first win every week. Only Carolina and Dallas can compete with 1-15, so our first win gets the 0-16 off our back and probably not cost us any draft position. Many 1-15 teams are forgotten like 15-1 teams, but any of us can name the 0-14 team and 0-16 team. I would prefer not to be mentioned in that breath.

Luck at #1 with time to learn behind Fitz is a perfect situation if he comes out, but right now it is about getting the guys we have moving in the right direction, because it is very hard to find 53 new players in one off season. I'm still enjoying this season and optimistic about the next couple years.

Go Bills!

In the history of the NFL, no 0-16 team has ever had a winning season afterwards (small sample size of 1 and a half Lions seasons :) )

So while two of the 7 suffered for three more years, all of them recovered pretty well.

I'm really rooting for our first win every week. Only Carolina and Dallas can compete with 1-15, so our first win gets the 0-16 off our back and probably not cost us any draft position. Many 1-15 teams are forgotten like 15-1 teams, but any of us can name the 0-14 team and 0-16 team. I would prefer not to be mentioned in that breath.

Luck at #1 with time to learn behind Fitz is a perfect situation if he comes out, but right now it is about getting the guys we have moving in the right direction, because it is very hard to find 53 new players in one off season. I'm still enjoying this season and optimistic about the next couple years.

Go Bills!

Ideal scenario would be winning 2-3 games, be competitive in every game, still get the #1 pick, Merriman re-finds his form and likes it here, and Luck declares for the draft.

Ideal scenario would be winning 2-3 games, be competitive in every game, still get the #1 pick, Merriman re-finds his form and likes it here, and Luck declares for the draft.

Indeed.

This would satisfy our two biggest needs of franchise QB and pass rusher.

Well when you can find ways to loose like in the KC, Bal, and Chi games then your on your way to an 0-16 season. I do think Chan is doing a good job, but we need a head coach that has some common sense. The KC is just on prime example of why he is not ready to be a head coach. ITs like he was lost like George Edwards is out there every game. Cant wait till Cower comes to B-Low next year.

Don't hold your hand over your a** on that one cause you'll explode !!!!!

You're dreamin' if you think Cowher is coming here. We won't see the likes of a quality head coach until floppy eared Wilson leaves this world. And when that happens, we are out of town... Sorry to bring you back from your fairy tale...

Go Bills!

If Luck is the guy we want, do we even have to worry about competing with Carolina & Dallas for that pick? Carolina drafted Clausen in last year's draft. To pick Luck would be an admission that they already have doubts about Clausen. With Dallas, they have Romo, so I don't see them looking to draft a guy like Luck at this point. Granted, another team could trade up with Carolina or Dallas though. But, maybe we don't necessarily need the top pick to draft Luck? The biggest question with Luck is probably whether he ends up entering the draft or not.