BEARS vs BILLS THREAD

Simon

How much more evidence does any Bills fan need that both starting OT's are complete garbage? Bell is a liability against decent rushers. Idonije schooled him, and Wrotto wasn't much better today.

We are garbage at almost every position.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz had a terrible game wit his accuracy. That pass to David Nelson was a sure TD that he underthrew. Same with Evans. And he makes his WRs do somersaults to catch his passes. That 4th down throw did not have to be so far outside.

PTR

In the last 3 weeks, this team has been completely unable to make the critical plays at critical times that determine the difference between winning and losing. And really, this league comes down to making those plays. It's talent and brains. They lack both. Make bad mental mistakes and lack the skill.

And they have a knack for doing exactly the opposite of what the trends say... no Bears points in the third all season... until today. Lindell never misses a PAT... until today. He makes that, at worst this is an overtime game.

And for some reason, the play calling on offense is atrocious just inside the opponents 50. They can't seem to make a few plays to at least get into field goal range. I thikn the play calling lost them the game today, both sides of the ball.

At the time it was unknown.

It seems like the team aren't the only ones that need to work through their culture of losing.

Sure. There was still time on the clock and they had a chance. On the other hand, this is the Buffalo Bills. Coming from behind to win a game isn't exactly their MO this year. Sorry if it was confusing.

Sure. There was still time on the clock and they had a chance. On the other hand, this is the Buffalo Bills. Coming from behind to win a game isn't exactly their MO this year. Sorry if it was confusing.

I guess I should just think like a loser, then it will be all clear for me huh?

Thanks, but no. I'll still think that our offense is good enough to get down the field in a short period of time this year. They didn't do it here.

I guess I should just think like a loser, then it will be all clear for me huh?

Thanks, but no. I'll still think that our offense is good enough to get down the field in a short period of time this year. They didn't do it here.

Yes, it was an unexpected and good job by the defense to stop the Bears there. That was completely unknown, as you say. The odds aren't exactly in favor of the Bills defense.

Edit: Thanks for repeatedly implying I am a loser. As a fan of the worst team in the NFL (as I assume are you) being called a loser is nothing new. Thanks for your comradery as a Bills fan.

As far as being disappointed, I suggest to you that having the ball on the Bears side of the field was their best chance to win the game with under 3 minutes to go. Of course the game didn't end when that drive fizzled there, but expecting the defense to hold and the offense to drive a long field with less than a minute is counting on a miracle. It didn't happen and it doesn't happen often. For the 2010 Bills, it has yet to happen. That's all I meant by the original comment.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

Okay, this is the third game in a row that the same thing has happened. Is it time to call it a trend?

Fitzgerald plays well for most of the game... then makes less accurate throws and interceptions (5 in 3 games) late in the game which contribute to a loss. Why? He doesn't look like he gets rattled. Does his arm get tired? Does he try to force the ball too much? What do you think?

Okay, this is the third game in a row that the same thing has happened. Is it time to call it a trend?

Fitzgerald plays well for most of the game... then makes less accurate throws and interceptions (5 in 3 games) late in the game which contribute to a loss. Why? He doesn't look like he gets rattled. Does his arm get tired? Does he try to force the ball too much? What do you think?

He's just not an accurate passer.

PTR

Hard to believe that a Lindell missed extra point would doom us (his first missed extra point ever and it was blocked to be fair - that's on the line). I thought for sure we were going to be able to drive down to get in FG range, but it wasn't meant to be. Fitz was all over the place today...

Oh and just like everyone else - F Kelsay.

Edited by Heitz

Yes, it was an unexpected and good job by the defense to stop the Bears there. That was completely unknown, as you say. The odds aren't exactly in favor of the Bills defense.

Edit: Thanks for repeatedly implying I am a loser. As a fan of the worst team in the NFL (as I assume are you) being called a loser is nothing new. Thanks for your comradery as a Bills fan.

As far as being disappointed, I suggest to you that having the ball on the Bears side of the field was their best chance to win the game with under 3 minutes to go. Of course the game didn't end when that drive fizzled there, but expecting the defense to hold and the offense to drive a long field with less than a minute is counting on a miracle. It didn't happen and it doesn't happen often. For the 2010 Bills, it has yet to happen. That's all I meant by the original comment.

I am calling your throwing in the towel with two minutes+ remaining in the game loser thinking. You may want to say Bell sucks, whoever was playing RT sucked, Fitz was erratic, Jackson didn't have his normal stuff, our LB's couldn't tackle their way out of a paper bag, etc that's fine. Don't throw the towel in before the end of the game.

How about if I just say that was very Trent Edwards of you. Does that help?

I get plenty of heat being a Bills fan in Pittsburgh for around 30 years, believe me. The only quip I have is that if Cowher could have won a home playoff game against a wildcard team with a backup qb, I could have been spared another SB defeat (a game which I was lucky enough to attend and enjoyed immensely regardless).

The highlights are few and far between for me, and I have to endure a lot of winning football here while my team has floundered for years. That doesn't mean I'm conceding the game on the 28th though, and I hope to be able to rub some noses in it on Monday. But I don't like quitting on the team. Criticize, sure, be my guest, just don't quit.