Merriman upset bills claimed him

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

per fox:Shawne Merriman was reportedly upset about being claimed off waivers, but has said all the right things after being picked up by Buffalo.

Can't say we don't blame him. The chances Merriman re-signs with Buffalo are slim to none, but he'll need to have an impressive second half of the season to earn another contract. He's been living off his name for the past two years

more: John Czarnecki of FoxSports.com reports Merriman wasn't happy about being claimed by the Bills and "definitely won't be re-signing" in Buffalo.

Merriman is at a stage of his career where he just needs to stay healthy and play well for an extended stretch of games. It's been a while. Unless that happens, he won't be in a position to dictate much about his contract and next team.

Per NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81be6006/article/merriman-brings-lights-out-attitude-to-slumping-bills-defense )

"I'm more than happy to be in the position that I am to be going forward with these guys, and as being a Buffalo Bill," he said. "Bottom line, I love playing football."

"They have high expectations for me to come in and make some things happen, and I'm going to do that," Merriman said Saturday before he and the rest of his new team departed for Toronto for their game Sunday against the Chicago Bears (4-3). "I've been working out, and I'm just ready to get on the field as soon as possible. Whatever they need me to do, I'm here to work and kind of be a piece of the puzzle."

Per NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81be6006/article/merriman-brings-lights-out-attitude-to-slumping-bills-defense )

"I'm more than happy to be in the position that I am to be going forward with these guys, and as being a Buffalo Bill," he said. "Bottom line, I love playing football."

"They have high expectations for me to come in and make some things happen, and I'm going to do that," Merriman said Saturday before he and the rest of his new team departed for Toronto for their game Sunday against the Chicago Bears (4-3). "I've been working out, and I'm just ready to get on the field as soon as possible. Whatever they need me to do, I'm here to work and kind of be a piece of the puzzle."

translation: i'll say all the right things to the media during and after my stay. i'll finish the year out in siberia but i won't be back.

per fox:Shawne Merriman was reportedly upset about being claimed off waivers, but has said all the right things after being picked up by Buffalo.

Can't say we don't blame him. The chances Merriman re-signs with Buffalo are slim to none, but he'll need to have an impressive second half of the season to earn another contract. He's been living off his name for the past two years

More "Buiffalo is not good enough" reporting. :sick: Next

Breaking news... Just in... WHO CARES? He's here, he is going to suit up and if he can play Nix has the first shot to throw money at him to stay.

more: John Czarnecki of FoxSports.com reports Merriman wasn't happy about being claimed by the Bills and "definitely won't be re-signing" in Buffalo.

Merriman is at a stage of his career where he just needs to stay healthy and play well for an extended stretch of games. It's been a while. Unless that happens, he won't be in a position to dictate much about his contract and next team.

I call BS. First of all, PFT is not exactly the most reliable of sites. Secondly, who is this John Czarnecki and did he personally have a talk with Shawne Merriman? Buddy Nix called Merriman before the waiver claim, just to make sure he was on board with the decision, and if he didn't want to be a Buffalo Bill, he had ample opportunity to reject Nix. Furthermore, if you want to say that Buddy Nix claimed him regardless of Merriman's desire not to be a Bill, then I highly doubt the two would have had dinner after Merriman arrived in Buffalo. BS all around.

Link To "Story"

We drafted a QB one time, and he didn't even take the job. He went and played in another league, because Buffalo was such a **** hole... I think he may even be in the area still. I wouldn't doubt that he goes to a game or two every now and again.

This !@#$ doesn't know what the rest of the season will bring, nor do any of us. If Merriman blows...let him go to the !@#$ing Phish...if he kicks ass, and is "Lights Out," make him an offer he can't refuse... then make sure to teabag the "Czar."

The self-loathing really needs to be toned down around here.

Why dont we just let it all play out and see what happens, before we worry about what some hack "reporter" is making up while he tries to predict the future because he has nothing real to report?

:worthy::worthy::worthy: Amen

Do I doubt he was upset the Bills claimed him? No. But who cares? Let him prove himself over these last 8 games. He's got more to lose than anyone because if he's back to his old self, he'll make plays regardless of the state of the team.

Two of the three best players in Bills history weren't at all happy that the Bills took them, then eventually went on to the hall of fame and loved Buffalo. Even OJ did after a few years. A lot of players hate the idea of coming to Buffalo and then end up loving it. If you were Merriman and knew little about Buffalo would you be happy to be going to an 0-7 team with the worst defense in the league, no linemen in front of you to take on blockers and approaching the winter? The other two teams that put in claims were Tampa and Miami who will likely both be in the playoff hunt.

Merriman himself has no idea if he will like or hate Buffalo. JohnCzarnecki, from reading the article, likely didn't talk to him at all.

Merriman was reportedly upset? I was reportedly in bed with Scarlett Johansson last night.

:worthy:

GREAT comback for two reasons:

1) Hilarious sarcastic remark pointing out how stupid it is to believe "reports" using just 10 words. :thumbsup:

2) Scarlett Johansson is extrmely hot! :P

Well, when you have teams like the Ravens who had no chance of Merriman having falling to them on waivers telling reporters that they were very much interested in him, how would do you expect Merriman to be?

The NFL should treat players on waivers just like they treat players on NFL teams, they should be off limits for any team to comment on! It's subversive for the Ravens to do what they did and the NFL should stop allowing it,

The self-loathing really needs to be toned down around here.

Why dont we just let it all play out and see what happens, before we worry about what some hack "reporter" is making up while he tries to predict the future because he has nothing real to report?

+1

Right now we have a good chance to have a better roster for next week with a guy with a chip on his shoulder who has been an all pro every year he is healthy and Bills' doctors say is healthy.

He has said all the right things, but being disappointed privately that he gets released instead of a long term deal from the playoff franchise he has always played for and gets picked up by an 0-7 team that hasn't been to the playoffs in a decade? Sure, I bet he would have liked more of a Moss-like slide to later in the waiver wire to a team that can do something this year, just like he would have loved to stay in SD. But that didn't happen, and he is ready to help the Bills. Glad to have him and I look forward to seeing him in a Bills jersey next Sunday.