So What"s the Best LB Line Up ??

T master

So now that we have acquired Mr. Merriman's services how does the LB corp line up ??

Kelsay ---- Davis ----- Poz ------ Merriman ------- ??

or

Merriman ---- Davis ------ Poz ------- Maybin -----???

or would Torbor & the others be used :blink: ?????

What would be your line up ??? I need help your help !!!!

Edited by T master

We'll have all combos in at different times...we'll have 4 backers like we've been a lot...our main advantage (if there is one) is that we DON'T have an identity...at least form the offenses perspective preparing...then again we don't have one b/c we don't have players so....

I'll take in asteop further, our front 7..... Carrington, Troup, williams , Edwrads DL

LB's Merriman, Davis and Poz

Our defense would be 100% better immediately.

not against your suggestion

Frankly, what I think it will be is:

-----------Stroud-------- Williams------Dwan

Kelsay-----------Davis------------Poz---------Merriman

and what I think it should be is:

---------Carrington-------- Williams------Dwan

Torbor--------------Davis------------Poz---------Merriman

Edited by justnzane

I'll take in asteop further, our front 7..... Carrington, Troup, williams , Edwrads DL

No offense, but why would a guy (Carrington) who hasn't played all season be an upgrade?

What is wrong with Stroud!?! And Torbor, what has he shown you? Torbor's contributions are no more than Maybins. We don;t have enough talent to get fancy.

Edited by stony

No offense, but why would a guy (Carrington) who hasn't played all season be an upgrade?

What is wrong with Stroud!?! And Torbor, what has he shown you? Torbor's contributions are no more than Maybins. We don;t have enough talent to get fancy.

I think Stroud has been a complete non-factor this year. he is not part of our long term rebuilding, soooo i figure might as well get rid of him now and see if we have anyone on the roster who can step up.

not like we can make our defense worse than it is already... might make sense in the long run. trying to plan ahead...

Hopefully the transition is just beginning. Kelsey and Poz are liabilities and contribute heavily to our porous defense. Williams has a lot of heart but he is not a true 2 gap dt, so he needs to play next to one which would make more since in a 4/3 alignment. Carrington is a question mark although he has size, not sure if he is an asset or liabilty at this point but I'm sure there is some upside. A good free agent and high draft pick would change the personality of this defense.

Not sure what you're basing Carrington on since he's been inactive most of the season, but would be fine merely replacing Kelsay with Merriman in the lineup. I think Torbor becomes ILB depth and they continue their 4-3 look with Stroud-Williams-Troup-Edwards up front and Merriman-Davis-Poz at LB.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Not sure what you're basing Carrington on since he's been inactive most of the season, but would be fine merely replacing Kelsay with Merriman in the lineup. I think Torbor becomes ILB depth and they continue their 4-3 look with Stroud-Williams-Troup-Edwards up front and Merriman-Davis-Poz at LB.

Carrington is the perfect size for a 3-4 DE and he's the future. Play him. We're 0-7 with Stroud, Kelsay et-al, let's see what the kids can do.

We'll have all combos in at different times...we'll have 4 backers like we've been a lot...our main advantage (if there is one) is that we DON'T have an identity...at least form the offenses perspective preparing...then again we don't have one b/c we don't have players so....

Our identity is that we can't stop the run. Everyone in the league knows that and prepares for that..

stroud has been woefully overmatched in the last couple seasons regardless of scheme. he is a far cry from the pro bowler he once was. Carrington is young and he enough potential to warrant the play time.

Torbor has played well enough for other teams not target their run attack at him as they have with Kelsay. Kelsay is a great character guy, but those guys are only as good as their actual ability which he lacks for a 3-4 LB.

Carrington is the perfect size for a 3-4 DE and he's the future. Play him. We're 0-7 with Stroud, Kelsay et-al, let's see what the kids can do.

I agree with you somewhat. At least get Carrington in the rotation to get him game experience.

I'd like to see us at least try a lineup like this in a 3-4 for part of a game:

Carrington - Troup - Williams

Moats - Davis - Poz - Merriman

That would peak my interest.