Post Game Press Conferences

Jay4481

I have to hand to Chan and Fitzy in this respect. As fan, I really feel like the Post Game Press Conferences are easier to stomach than the last couple of years.

I don't know about you guys, but I just couldn't help but be so frustrated with the last regime in this regard. It's bad enough to lose, but to have to see your Head Coach (Jauron) with a total "deer in the headlights" look on his face, try and explain the inexplicable in regards to his coaching schemes/decisions/gameplanning is just one of the most frustrating things I've had to endure as a long time fan of this team. And let's not even get started on Trent Edwards. He just seemed so aloof and arrogant most of the time, with no passion for the situation or the state of the team one way or another.

One thing I will give Chan Gailey, he seems absolutely disgusted after every loss. He looks totally sick to his stomach. And the biggest thing, I feel there is a lot more accountability now. He is quick to take the blame and even admit exactly where he went wrong. He also seems to have a good grasp of exactly went wrong during the game unlike Jauron who just seemed clueless.

Fitzy is the same way. He looks really hurt when we lose, like he is dying a little with every loss. It makes him easier to identify with, cause it's the way we all feel. And he is not aloof in his responses. He is thoughtful and accountable as well. He has the courage to explain himself after every game instead of relying on the tired "I'll have to look at the tape" response we got from Trent every week. I don't know about you guys, but I would vomit a little in my mouth every time I heard him say that...

I am not saying this means Gailey is the next Lombardi, or that Fitzy is the definite answer at QB going forward just based on their post game remarks. It just makes these guys a little easier to root for in my opinion...

I appreciate the more cerebral comments that Fitzpatrick makes in these press conferences. He'll usually make a few technical comments here and there to let us know what went wrong on certain plays or with the general gameplan, which reassures fans like me that these guys are at least capable of making good use of Monday's film review sessions in order to learn from mistakes and get better. The results on offense so far support my theory. As a unit, they've made steady progress since benching/cutting Trent and did a great job with yesterday's second half adjustments.

Wish I could say the same for the defensive crew. Every week, it's "guys are just making too many mistakes" and "we've got to play better" with no substantial week-to-week improvement. This is football, not !@#$ing rocket surgery. You're being paid millions to learn the 3-4 / 4-3 hybrid assignments. So !@#$ing learn them already!

Fitzpatrick is a great guy to root for - a real every-man playing QB in the NFL. He tries real hard, cares a ton whether his team wins or loses. Real admirable stuff.

It is just unfortunate that Spritzy's arm betrays his guts and mental toughness, especially in the clutch.

He'll make a superb mentor for our #1 draft choice.

I have to hand to Chan and Fitzy in this respect. As fan, I really feel like the Post Game Press Conferences are easier to stomach than the last couple of years.

I don't know about you guys, but I just couldn't help but be so frustrated with the last regime in this regard. It's bad enough to lose, but to have to see your Head Coach (Jauron) with a total "deer in the headlights" look on his face, try and explain the inexplicable in regards to his coaching schemes/decisions/gameplanning is just one of the most frustrating things I've had to endure as a long time fan of this team. And let's not even get started on Trent Edwards. He just seemed so aloof and arrogant most of the time, with no passion for the situation or the state of the team one way or another.

One thing I will give Chan Gailey, he seems absolutely disgusted after every loss. He looks totally sick to his stomach. And the biggest thing, I feel there is a lot more accountability now. He is quick to take the blame and even admit exactly where he went wrong. He also seems to have a good grasp of exactly went wrong during the game unlike Jauron who just seemed clueless.

Fitzy is the same way. He looks really hurt when we lose, like he is dying a little with every loss. It makes him easier to identify with, cause it's the way we all feel. And he is not aloof in his responses. He is thoughtful and accountable as well. He has the courage to explain himself after every game instead of relying on the tired "I'll have to look at the tape" response we got from Trent every week. I don't know about you guys, but I would vomit a little in my mouth every time I heard him say that...

I am not saying this means Gailey is the next Lombardi, or that Fitzy is the definite answer at QB going forward just based on their post game remarks. It just makes these guys a little easier to root for in my opinion...

This is why Ralph hired him.

Agree completely with your post. I could not stand Trent's constant I'll have to look at the tape and "we" threw an interception. Fitz says "I threw an interception"

I like Fitz, I'm starting to like Gailey and appreciate his honestly. I think once they have a defense they will be a pretty good team. Unfortunately we play in the toughest division in football.

KC is the top of their division????

I agree. These guys are very easy to root for and obviously care tremendously. Almost makes me wonder if Gailey is gonna have it in him to see this rebuilding process through. He has to be aging 6 months with every loss (9 months for every OT Loss!). If they go 0-16, 1-15 or something...that's gonna take a serious toll on him. I do hope he sticks around though. I actually like the play calling most of the time. We don't always have the people to execute it but I like the aggressiveness.

I appreciate the more cerebral comments that Fitzpatrick makes in these press conferences. He'll usually make a few technical comments here and there to let us know what went wrong on certain plays or with the general gameplan, which reassures fans like me that these guys are at least capable of making good use of Monday's film review sessions in order to learn from mistakes and get better. The results on offense so far support my theory. As a unit, they've made steady progress since benching/cutting Trent and did a great job with yesterday's second half adjustments.

Wish I could say the same for the defensive crew. Every week, it's "guys are just making too many mistakes" and "we've got to play better" with no substantial week-to-week improvement. This is football, not !@#$ing rocket surgery. You're being paid millions to learn the 3-4 / 4-3 hybrid assignments. So !@#$ing learn them already!

It's true, now that you bring it up. The explanations on the offensive side of the ball are a lot more technical.

Defensively, it seems like there is no real answer. It's frustrating because for ten years in a row we find ourselves being inept on one side of the ball while the other side at least makes things interesting...

Problem is we have little talent on D so it is hard to make the adjustments that will turn a game around.

The measuring stick of champions there. :ph34r:

what is wrong with pointing out something that is better today than yesterday? Is that such a crime that someone consuming entertainment is enjoying a particular aspect of it?

what is wrong with pointing out something that is better today than yesterday? Is that such a crime that someone consuming entertainment is enjoying a particular aspect of it?

Nope. Not at all. I think Chan is an honest guy and shows some real passion as well.

Just trying to make a joke for entertainment purposes. The season has been pretty crappy, you know.

Edit: Don't tell me you don't remember all those threads going back and forth about Jauron's lifeless demeanor.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

Hell no. I'm with you. We're in a rebuild and you have to find your positives where you can....and there are positives even in this tough stretch.

I think one of the problem we see on the defense is they have the complete total lack of players players for their intended defense. Jauron was an awful coach, but he was a pretty good co-ordinator and I think he had guys that 'worked' for his scheme (let's not forget the defense was no rose last season either).

I'm interested to see what type of personnel the Bills continue to Draft and field.

After McNabb and Fitz, I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that going big this season when they didn't really know what they had on the roster would have been a mistake.