Kelsay

Someone help me here - why is he still on this team?

Not only is he unable to set the edge, cover anyone, rush the passer, or get off blocks, but as an added bonus he also gets in the way (blocks) other defensive players from getting to the ball. Amazing that nobody else on the roster can push him for playing time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone help me here - why is he still on this team?

Not only is he unable to set the edge, cover anyone, rush the passer, or get off blocks, but as an added bonus he also gets in the way (blocks) other defensive players from getting to the ball. Amazing that nobody else on the roster can push him for playing time.

It may have been his worst game as a Bill. How is Maybin gonna be worse than him? He literally can't make a play. I focused on his pass rushing late in the game too -- absolutely nothing to offer.

Its amazing to think that Akin Ayodele Reggie Torbor and Chris Kelsay present a better combination of OLB's than Antonio Coleman Aaron Maybin and Arthur Moats. And that Spencer Johnson is a better option than Alex Carrington. Where is the youth from the first year of the rebuilding effort? Where are the rookies from this years draft? What do they contribute? This defense has so many holes on it, its embarrassing. Why is Drayton Flroence on the field to give away yet another game because of reckless play and poor skill. Why is Ashton Youboty and Reggie Corner on the bench? Where has Jairus Byrd been all season? Why does he sit back 15 yards behind the play and give no support in run defense? Is this scheme or is it lack of skill? At what point is the defensive coordinator going to be held responsible for this? Someone has to be held accountable, and it sure isnt going to be the Captain Chris Kelsay.

I am disgusted today. To lose by 3 points the way they did is just despicable.

It seems other teams game plan to go right at Kelsay. It's brilliant because more often than not he'll be out of position or try that stupid spin move and get himself out of postion. He is a huge liability out there. I don't care about his locker room leadership. He sucks as a LB.

It will never happen because they would look like tards for doing this since they gave him a new contract but cutting him tomorrow would make me happy.

Admit 2 huge failures and cut Chris Kelsay and Cornell Green. Your team immediately becomes better via addition by subtraction.

It's kinda like when RW negotiated DJ's extension in October 08 and proceeded to watch the team go 2-8. Predictably, RW didn't fire DJ at the end of the season because it would be an admission of executive ineptitude. Not that we don't know already how bad RW when it comes to him making football decisions.

Chan and Buddy have been pretty decisive about other roster moves. I cannot figure the delay here other than no one else is ready to step in. Teams absolutely game plan against him.

Please, Chan, I beg of you. Get this man off the field. I can't take watching him anymore.

I feel bad for saying it, but I want Kelsay to have a career ending injury. It seems to be the only way to get him off the field. Yes, I understand that football is just a game and this is how these guys make their living, but that is how much disdain I have for Kelsay. I hate his play more than Trent "frady cat" Edwards and that's saying something.

It may have been his worst game as a Bill. How is Maybin gonna be worse than him? He literally can't make a play. I focused on his pass rushing late in the game too -- absolutely nothing to offer.

I agree. I try not to rail on him but today Kelsay was just so lousy that it hurt to watch him.

Same for Whitner.

I agree. I try not to rail on him but today Kelsay was just so lousy that it hurt to watch him.

Same for Whitner.

Sorry, but I have to call you on this. This is, quite simply, wrong. Whitner played well today - very well. He had seven tackles (many of them good ones) and four assists, and comparing him Kelsay is genuinely ridiculous. Kelsay was in there for pretty much every snap, and they seemed to be running at him all day. Yet all he chalked up was one assist: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301031012 .