Chan Gailey as advertised?

The season didnt start off well, looked ugly and hopeless...

but 6 games into the season is Chan developing a capable offense with the talent on hand (as was advertised by Nix and Ralph) and are things going in the right direction, or, has the "Fitz era" had a few lucky breaks and we aren't as good on offense as it seems they have potential for?

As bad as our offense has been forever, I want to be optimistic but I am having a hard time convincing myself that this is the real Bills offense and things are going in the right direction.

If our offense really is showing potential with our current talent... where does that leave us moving forward? if we can address our defense with free agents / trades / draft maybe we will have a quicker than expected turn around?

but 6 games into the season is Chan developing a capable offense with the talent on hand (as was advertised by Nix and Ralph) and are things going in the right direction, or, has the "Fitz era" had a few lucky breaks and we aren't as good on offense as it seems they have potential for?

As bad as our offense has been forever, I want to be optimistic but I am having a hard time convincing myself that this is the real Bills offense and things are going in the right direction.

If our offense really is showing potential with our current talent... where does that leave us moving forward? if we can address our defense with free agents / trades / draft maybe we will have a quicker than expected turn around?

I wonder how much of it is having two weeks to prepare and Ravens looking forward to there bye week? I do see improvement on offense, but then again, could they be much worse than what we saw the first 3-4 weeks of the season?

You are just going to have to watch the games ahead and see. Time will tell. I only hope it's an enjoyable ride.

what everyone is forgetting is our young O/L and how great they preformed sunday.

i have been saying and mike mayock has said it numerous times that the bills have the 2 best young guards in the NFL they played like it yesterday. nobody gives hangartner any credit but he is the best center we have had in over 5 years and he is also very smart football player.

chan has been saying that bell is a great young talent and everyone has mocked him for saying as much well he sure as hell played very well yesterday also. everyone also seems to forget how green the kid was when he drafted him he had only played 12 games as a starter in collage and was a fomer basketball player but as chan said he is a great athleate and he showed it yesterday.

that leaves howard a freaking rookie who played like a solid veteran yesterday against a top 5 defense in the game.

remember ray lewis threatening us last week after their loss,"i feel sorry for buffalo". still think he thinks that way?

lastly terrel suggs a pro bowl player and one of the best at his position in the league gave our team and our running props after the game." that was one tough football team and they play very hard and those 2 backs i didnt think 2 much of before today but they are good no other backs ever did what they did to us today"

i'm telling you just like chan has been telling us since the season started its going to take time for the line to jell and dont forget they are learning a new offense to boot beside being young and inexperienced.

i hope and pray that yesterday our line came of age and you know they are only going to get better the more they play together.

anyone think that cornell green is getting his job back? i dont think so.

maybe there is hope after all. we all know it all starts up front and after the performance of our young tallented offensive line against a beastly defense on the road yesterday i think things are looking up for our O/line and our offense.

Man I've wondered about if Chan was the man for the job this season...who hasn't...we've been TERRIBLE...worst we've EVER been.

BUT, I never doubted the O would be better. I instantly could see what we were trying to do was better (despite some peoples problems w/ not running enough early on)....but when we cut Trent...I knew for damn sure he was legitimately going to improve us on offense.

Now...defense...well..he's about as advertised there as well...just b/c he calls the plays doesn't me he doesn't have to take ownership of that mess. He's the HC.

The honest reply to this post is that while it's obvious that between the change in QBs and the fact that Howard appears to be a significant upgrade over Green, it is still too soon to tell. I'm also encouraged by the fact that almost all the same pieces are in place from last year on this offense and yet it is already showing signs of vast improvement, that leads me to believe the major difference is Chan. Think about it: Parrish was here for how long and just now we're seeing him being used regularly in the passing game, Stevie J was here and only got in the game occasionally, and except for Howard the Offensive line hasn't changed that much and they're showing signs of improvement in just 6 games. All that being said, I look forward to see what Easely can do next year, and what a true franchise QB can do, but maybe, just maybe, the Offensive line isn't as bad as we thought especially with Wang getting healthy. Two separate regimes have seen the potential in LT Bell and hav stuck with him and he is finally getting healthy with some experience, so let's just wait and see. But with all the potential Offensive woes over the last few years we've grown accustomed to second guessing whether our eyes are deceiving us, but right now, it looks like the biggest issue is the front seven. Ironically it's what the Bills spent two of the first three draft choices on, and got TORCHED on this very board for those decisions and yet here we are with most of the same players and the Offense over the first 6 games has out performed the Defense....as for the draft and FA, who knows what the rest of the season will reveal but as of right now, it appears that Defense may take the most FA and draft choices with maybe a QB being the first pick and then front seven Defense with some FA DBs, LBs and depth at the O-line...again, time will tell.

what everyone is forgetting is our young O/L and how great they preformed sunday.

i have been saying and mike mayock has said it numerous times that the bills have the 2 best young guards in the NFL they played like it yesterday. nobody gives hangartner any credit but he is the best center we have had in over 5 years and he is also very smart football player.[/b]chan has been saying that bell is a great young talent and everyone has mocked him for saying as much well he sure as hell played very well yesterday also. everyone also seems to forget how green the kid was when he drafted him he had only played 12 games as a starter in collage and was a fomer basketball player but as chan said he is a great athleate and he showed it yesterday.

that leaves howard a freaking rookie who played like a solid veteran yesterday against a top 5 defense in the game.

remember ray lewis threatening us last week after their loss,"i feel sorry for buffalo". still think he thinks that way?

lastly terrel suggs a pro bowl player and one of the best at his position in the league gave our team and our running props after the game." that was one tough football team and they play very hard and those 2 backs i didnt think 2 much of before today but they are good no other backs ever did what they did to us today"

i'm telling you just like chan has been telling us since the season started its going to take time for the line to jell and dont forget they are learning a new offense to boot beside being young and inexperienced.

i hope and pray that yesterday our line came of age and you know they are only going to get better the more they play together.

anyone think that cornell green is getting his job back? i dont think so.

maybe there is hope after all. we all know it all starts up front and after the performance of our young tallented offensive line against a beastly defense on the road yesterday i think things are looking up for our O/line and our offense.

So smart that his head can't fit in his helmet for an entire game and after 60 minutes of ball he's just got to rip that thing off and slam it on the ground! :thumbsup:

Edited by Stl Bills

Since Fitz has taken over, the stats are nothing short of amazing:

26 PPG(5th in NFL), 352.2 YPG(10th in NFL), and 6.07 Yards Per Play(3rd behind Houston and Dallas)...

Fitz is also the #2 rated QB in the NFL at 102.0, behind only Peyton Manning's 103.4...

Gailey is an offensive mastermind, and Fitz might be the perfect QB for his system...

I wonder how much of it is having two weeks to prepare and Ravens looking forward to there bye week? I do see improvement on offense, but then again, could they be much worse than what we saw the first 3-4 weeks of the season?

I get the fact that they had two weeks to prepare, and that was huge, but honestly what kind of team overlooks an opponent heading into the bye week...a trap week the week before the bye week? Not buying it. Especially when the team is a Super Bowl contender in a division with another Super Bowl contender where every win counts.

I think the Ravens stopped looking forward at halftime, and they still couldn't stop us at the end of the game.

No question two weeks to prepare helped, I think there are other things going on.

If the season started with Hangartner calling protections, Fitz is doing it now.

That may have been a bye-week change with extra work by the OL and Fitz on communication.

And damn, he's good.

My fave shot of the game were a couple times Harbaugh was caught on the sidelines with his jaw hanging open. Heeee!

I don't care if they took 2 weeks to prepare for the Ravens.

The real question is if they can prepare against lesser teams with less time.

We shall see.

Th9is was a very well played offensive game. That being said there are two things to consider. 1) we lost and 2) the defense allowed 37 points. Let's hope that the offense continues to improve, that Fitz keeps showing what hs showed in this game, and that we begin to show more and more improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

I wonder if the media is questioning Chan's decision to release Trent Edwards now....? Trent gets a chance to find himself with another franchise and Fitz steps up as the leader we all knew he was.

Fitz has really impressed this season. This is nothing but good news because it allows the team to draft it's franchise QB this year, GROOM HIM for a period of two years while the O-line improves and the Defense is shored up.

Random question...why did Todd Bouman start in Jax? Was Trent hurt?

You know think of it like this. What if Buffalo kept Fewell as our defensive coordinator? The Bills won a lot of games because the D kept them in it. The Bills hardly scored and we would only have to put up 20 points to just about win a game. Now we have an offense that is showing it can score, if we would have kept Fewell what would the record be now???? No the team is in need of some offensive tools. A career QB would be a starter, a better TE, and yes even a new wide receiver would be good. The issue now seems to be a great pass rusher. Next year what would everyone say if we selected a great nose tackle or a great end to rush the passer?

Gailey is an offensive mastermind, and Fitz might be the perfect QB for his system...

Oh what a difference one game can make. From threads wondering how many years before Gailey is fired to statements like this after one game :)

It will be interesting to see what they can do against a supposedly lesser opponent this week in KC.

Oh what a difference one game can make. From threads wondering how many years before Gailey is fired to statements like this after one game :)

It will be interesting to see what they can do against a supposedly lesser opponent this week in KC.

I agree.

Fitz is making Gailey look real smart right now (or real dumb for not realizing after last season who was the best QB on his team). The offense works because Fitz is changing plays at the line of scrimmage and also, he is running on busted plays for a ton of yards. Also, he's been accurate with the tight throws. Lot of teams are going to be watching the film of this game.

KC's no slouch.

You know think of it like this. What if Buffalo kept Fewell as our defensive coordinator? The Bills won a lot of games because the D kept them in it. The Bills hardly scored and we would only have to put up 20 points to just about win a game. Now we have an offense that is showing it can score, if we would have kept Fewell what would the record be now???? No the team is in need of some offensive tools. A career QB would be a starter, a better TE, and yes even a new wide receiver would be good. The issue now seems to be a great pass rusher. Next year what would everyone say if we selected a great nose tackle or a great end to rush the passer?

Yeah, George "I have no answers for anything" Edwards is an unmitigated disaster. We could very well be sitting with a winning record right now with Fewell..look at the difference he has made with the Giants...