Chan Gailey as advertised?

Yeah, George "I have no answers for anything" Edwards is an unmitigated disaster. We could very well be sitting with a winning record right now with Fewell..look at the difference he has made with the Giants...

Boy, remember the days when Chan Gailey was an unmitigated disaster? That was, what, a week ago? Good times.

PTR

what everyone is forgetting is our young O/L and how great they preformed sunday.

i have been saying and mike mayock has said it numerous times that the bills have the 2 best young guards in the NFL they played like it yesterday. nobody gives hangartner any credit but he is the best center we have had in over 5 years and he is also very smart football player.

chan has been saying that bell is a great young talent and everyone has mocked him for saying as much well he sure as hell played very well yesterday also. everyone also seems to forget how green the kid was when he drafted him he had only played 12 games as a starter in collage and was a fomer basketball player but as chan said he is a great athleate and he showed it yesterday.

that leaves howard a freaking rookie who played like a solid veteran yesterday against a top 5 defense in the game.

remember ray lewis threatening us last week after their loss,"i feel sorry for buffalo". still think he thinks that way?

lastly terrel suggs a pro bowl player and one of the best at his position in the league gave our team and our running props after the game." that was one tough football team and they play very hard and those 2 backs i didnt think 2 much of before today but they are good no other backs ever did what they did to us today"

i'm telling you just like chan has been telling us since the season started its going to take time for the line to jell and dont forget they are learning a new offense to boot beside being young and inexperienced.

i hope and pray that yesterday our line came of age and you know they are only going to get better the more they play together.

anyone think that cornell green is getting his job back? i dont think so.

maybe there is hope after all. we all know it all starts up front and after the performance of our young tallented offensive line against a beastly defense on the road yesterday i think things are looking up for our O/line and our offense.

I agree with what you say about Wood and Levitre – these guys are picking it up and I think will totally dominate next season. Bell he also played great since week 2. He is making me forget about the LT position. But I disagree with Hangman. He has played too poorly in the past to be considered a solid starter. His real tests should be going against out AFCE opponents NTs. He cannot handle the Wilforks or Jenkins at all. I think we need an upgrade at G or C, with Wood being able to move to C if need be. At RT Green blows just cut him, as he was outplayed by a UDFA rookie in Howard. Howard however was not the Cinderella story everyone is saying he is. He took care of his easy assignments but was handily beat thoughout the game. If Fitz wasn’t hitting open receivers so quickly I think we would have seen a few sacks from the right side.

The good news is a 2nd or 3rd round pick should be able to solve 1 or both of these problems this draft, giving us one of the better, younger OLs in the league (assuming they actually do something about it)

You know think of it like this. What if Buffalo kept Fewell as our defensive coordinator? The Bills won a lot of games because the D kept them in it. The Bills hardly scored and we would only have to put up 20 points to just about win a game. Now we have an offense that is showing it can score, if we would have kept Fewell what would the record be now???? No the team is in need of some offensive tools. A career QB would be a starter, a better TE, and yes even a new wide receiver would be good. The issue now seems to be a great pass rusher. Next year what would everyone say if we selected a great nose tackle or a great end to rush the passer?

Or if Fewell was kept on as head coach and Gailey hired as the OC. The big question is, if the Bills had stuck with the 4-3 this year would Schobel still have retired? I think Schobel's absence contributes to the defensive suckitude.