If Fitz makes the Pro Bowl

Will that be enough to prove he's a legitimate candidate for our QB of the future?

Look at the stats, he's most certainly in the conversation.

I would love to spend our picks in April on some defensive front 7 help. A big fat run stuffer or legit pass rusher would make such a big difference...

Will that be enough to prove he's a legitimate candidate for our QB of the future?

I would love to spend our picks in April on some defensive front 7 help. A big fat run stuffer or legit pass rusher would make such a big difference...

Unless the Bills put together a healthy win streak over the balance of the year no way does Fitz make the probowl. I give him props for his performance yesterday but sorry the guy has not won games and that is the vital statistic.

Fitz will make an excellent player / coach and backup but he is not a franchise QB.

As evidence by the last draft, Buffalo will not be goaded into drafting a QB they do not believe in. If that "franchise" QB is there they take him, if not, they take the best available athlete.

I will say one thing, I am much more comfortable after yesterday than I was before in passing on a QB in Round 1 if Mallet and Luck both stay in school. (IMO the only 2 worthy of being taken at the top of Round 1)

Archie Manning was not only a Pro Bowler but also NFC Offensive Player of the Year in 1978 on a 7-9 Saints team. True, the Bills probably won't hit 7-9, but it's still another losing season for a miserable franchise (at that point).

No, I think he proved that he can be a solid backup, and a good veteran stop-gap while our rookie QB comes up to speed. even if it has to be for the entire next season.

Big Props to Fitz for a great game, but we should not settle on him as our "future".

I will say one thing, I am much more comfortable after yesterday than I was before in passing on a QB in Round 1 if Mallet and Luck both stay in school. (IMO the only 2 worthy of being taken at the top of Round 1)

I have to agree with you. Suddenly QB does not seem to be our biggest need, and if it isn't Luck then I might pass.

Both Flutie and Bkedsoe made the Pro Bowl as Bills and look how their starting tenures in Buffalo turned out.

Bledsoe was 8-8 but Flutie was something like 10-2 or 9-3 in '98 (including the Colt game which he did not start).

He could complete 70% of his passes for 20 TDs, but currently he is winning 0% of his games. Until his winning percentage is above his completion percentage, no he is not in the discussion.

He could complete 70% of his passes for 20 TDs, but currently he is winning 0% of his games. Until his winning percentage is above his completion percentage, no he is not in the discussion.

It's hard to blame a QB for losing a game when they put up 30 points. That's happened in 2 games. And given the improvement in Fitz over Edwards, the Fins game would have be very winnable.

Hard to see Fitz as a pro bowler but the guy is playing out of his mind. And as much as I love Fitz, I think people need to recognize how good an offensive coach Gailey is. He's done this before with average to below average talents like Tyler Thigpen and Jay Fielder. He is really good.

I would bet my left pinkie toe that Luck doesn't come out.

Mallet's scaring me with all these injuries.

Locker has less than 60% completion percentage which is a HUGE RED FLAG for a top round QB.

The way Fitzy is playing it really is looking like the Bills need to take the best Defensive Front 7 player when they pick.

Hire a new D-Co you can lure them to Buffalo with the promise that they get the Top 3 pick in the 2010 draft if not #1 overall.

Unless the Bills put together a healthy win streak over the balance of the year no way does Fitz make the probowl. I give him props for his performance yesterday but sorry the guy has not won games and that is the vital statistic.

Fitz will make an excellent player / coach and backup but he is not a franchise QB.

He also hasn't lost us games. Our defense is why we do not win games Period

The bottom line (W/L) is too important to ignore in the Pro Bowl discussion. Gotta get some Ws to get to the Pro Bowl, regardless of whose fault it is.

What better tutor for the right draft pick than the Harvard Professor! His arm strength and accuracy have been issues, and it's hard to think he'll keep this pace up...but I sure hope so.

I'm not against Fitz I like him. I offer one name: Derek Andersen. He had one good season in Cleveland and they gave him an extension and he has sucked ever since. I think the Bills will likely draft a QB if they think he's their guy and Fitz is the perfect guy to have in that situation. The kid wouldnt have to start right away Fitz can still play and hasa great mentality for the kid to learn from.....