[please fix subject]

vegas55

Maybin pick a disaster - inactive today. But what about Spiller. If you take an RB with a top ten pick, the expectation is that he is a starter in his rookie year. Anything less, for the RB position, is very troubling. Spiller can not beat out Fred Jackson? There is no way when the Bills picked him in April did they think he would not be their starter, or a major contributor by week 6.

His big contribution today was a ridiculous fumble

Maybin pick a disaster - inactive today. But what about Spiller. If you take an RB with a top ten pick, the expectation is that he is a starter in his rookie year. Anything less, for the RB position, is very troubling. Spiller can not beat out Fred Jackson? There is no way when the Bills picked him in April did they think he would not be their starter, or a major contributor by week 6.

Yes. Without question. You are an incredible bust.

Ya he just leads the league in KR yards

That has something to do with the Bills D which is allowing offenses to score at a record setting pace. He currently ranks 10th in average (of those with at least 10 returns) which isn't bad, but isn't fantastic either.

Edited by MDH

Spiller isnt a bust. He has 26 carries for 126 yards. Thats an average of 4.3 yards a carry. Gailey is trying to work him into the offense along with jackson. He has had some nice runs this year, but still has things to learn. He will be a spectacular player in the NFL for years to come. If he had something like 26 carries for 50 yards, then i would be worried. But almost all of his carries have turned out to be decent gains.

It's only because he gets more chances than most.

So that's his fault? Man, people will complain about anything. I agree, total yards can be misleading but if he's 10th on average yards per return as stated above, that's not bad for a rookie.

And listen, the kid doesn't get a chance to be showcased as a RB not because he sucks, but because they have FJ, who is a very good back. So calling him a bust after 6 games (man, this board is laoded with draft experts, soon-to-be general managers, and up and coming head coaches) is moronic. he's got some learning to do, I'll say that but right now, his speed is a detriment to him because he has to learn he can't outrun everything and at times, to gain yards, has to cut it up field. That'll come with time.

However, I will fault the coaching staff for not finding more ways to put the ball in his hands in space. He's lightning in a bottle and they need to get him the ball more.

SPILLER IS NOT A BUST!!!!!!!!!!!

if he was an offensive lineman and couldn't see the field, then yes he would be a bust. the fact is that fred jackson is no

slouch, and is one hell of a player. there are only a few elite players in the league that i would start ahead of fred jackson (1000 yards rushing and recieving last year). Once the game slows down for spiller...he will be a beast. On top of that your taking a guy who was a huge part of an offense at clemson, and only giving him a few touches a game. right now he is trying to go all the way on every play, because he doesn't know when his # will be called again. basically he is trying to do too much right now...that's also what happened with the kickoff return. once he becomes more comfortable and not taking every snap like it is his last, he will make better plays and be unstoppable!!!............hopefully

Shut it.. Spiller was a good pick. Look at Lynch. He ran for 89 yards today, why? Seattle has a O-Line. We don't. We can pick up every free agent next year, have the best QB and as long as the FO continues to ignore the O-Line, the Bills will suck. Next year, should have been this year, they need to start building the line. Levitre and Wood are probably the only two that would be starting on another team. The Defense is another mess with no heart. Teams just run and pass at will. The players on paper are there, no heart.

Maybin is a bust, unfortunately. I was wanted to see what he could do with a new system, but when I saw he was deactivated that sealed the deal for him. The only way for him to maybe turn it around is to get someone like Merriman in here to teach him.

Spiller, not a bust. He has made mistakes, but he is still learning, and he has shown signs of talent. The same can't be said of Maybin.

Spiller isnt a bust. He has 26 carries for 126 yards. Thats an average of 4.3 yards a carry. Gailey is trying to work him into the offense along with jackson. He has had some nice runs this year, but still has things to learn. He will be a spectacular player in the NFL for years to come. If he had something like 26 carries for 50 yards, then i would be worried. But almost all of his carries have turned out to be decent gains.

One thing he needs to learn (and fast) is that the NFL players are so much faster and better than his former college competition and his continually bouncing everything out side is not going to work. He needs to recognize that there will be many times where simply cutting it back up filed and taking the 2-3 yards available is the best option. Heck, Fred shines at this so he's got a great teacher to watch. Spiller seems to run a bit more tentatively than one would like as well. I sure hope he comes around and not become just another John Avery type.

Spiller's not a bust and he's not yet on pace to be a bust. But he's having a very frustrating first season that looks more like a great 4th rounder than a top-ten pick: some change of pace success and special teams excitement (matched by some mental errors).

But through six games, he has not yet justified the front office's decision to draft him.