Cordaro Howard

yungmack

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll put it this way: the only reason anyone noticed Howard on the field was because Cornell Green wasn't getting blown up or taking numerous penalties.

(In other words, he was very good)

Edited by Punch

this was the most shocking part of the day for me. It's obviously a small sample size (one game) but the competition was theoretically the elite of the league. The line (not just the RT) did very well today.

Really agree with you here, I also thought the OL did very well.

The line as a whole did very well. Cordaro retired Cornell Green, I can tell you that.

Didn't see the game, but only one sack they gave up. Seems as if they had a fairly strong game, especially as it was on the road.

Didn't see the game, but only one sack they gave up. Seems as if they had a fairly strong game, especially as it was on the road.

And the sack was for zero yards, mostly as Ray Lewis got to Ryan Fitzpatrick after he decided to scramble, but before he quite crossed the line of scrimmage. That wasn't on the line.

Considering the reputation the overall defense of Baltimore has for destroying opposing teams, our line played the most solid game they have for a long time.

I'm talking years.

Howard played well, did not make any penalties, and kept the heat off of Fitz.

Green, who?

Considering the reputation the overall defense of Baltimore has for destroying opposing teams, our line played the most solid game they have for a long time.

I'm talking years.

Howard played well, did not make any penalties, and kept the heat off of Fitz.

Green, who?

I agree with the above and the similar posts.

It must be said that Fitz did a lot to make the line look good.

Very very quick decision making and release at times, and scrambled his way out of several potential sacks.

I too was impressed with Howard.... can't say I saw much of his plays, but I can't say I saw much of the pass rush on the right side... so that has to be a glowing review. I wonder how much of Wood's "struggles" at times this year were due to Greens inability to play football

I too was impressed with Howard.... can't say I saw much of his plays, but I can't say I saw much of the pass rush on the right side... so that has to be a glowing review. I wonder how much of Wood's "struggles" at times this year were due to Greens inability to play football

He got beat 4-5 times that I saw, but none where the crowd would have shouted, "Olay"....

Seems far more athletic than Green, that's a given. His development may be the main reason Wang is being worked at Guard now. Howard may be starting for a while as long as he continues to develope.

He got beat 4-5 times that I saw, but none where the crowd would have shouted, "Olay"....

Seems far more athletic than Green, that's a given. His development may be the main reason Wang is being worked at Guard now. Howard may be starting for a while as long as he continues to develope.

:thumbsup: Exactly

I watched Corodo a lot today. He was terrible. He was torched on almost every pass play where I focused on him (5-7). He was routinely face down on the ground after whiffing on his man. Fitz made this line look good today by being able to find open receivers instantly. I dont think he held the ball for maore than 2 seconds all day. If he had, he would have been getting crushed from the right side.

- I read everyone else comments and everyone else seems to think he was amazing. From my experience most fans dont pay attention to the details while watching - like how everyone was blaming switching to the 3-4 as why our D stunk, when in reality we rarely ran the 3-4 at all. The Jax game Kelsay played OLB in a 4-3 the entire game. 2 weeks later, some article came out about the team switching to the 4-3, and everyone was all up in arms. My point is no one really watches, so take others comments with a grain of salt. Howard played very poorly.

Edited by Thoner7