Do we have any players that should be extended?

jahnyc

Should the Bills extend Whitner and/or Poz? What about Youboty or Florence? It is a depressing thought, but one could argue that there are no players with contracts that will expire this year or next year that that should be extended. Our overall talent is very poor.

Should the Bills extend Whitner and/or Poz? What about Youboty or Florence? It is a depressing thought, but one could argue that there are no players with contracts that will expire this year or next year that that should be extended. Our overall talent is very poor.

I think we kind of need to right? Why open more holes that need to be filled...that's how you keep spinning in circles.

I say keep Poz & Florence unless you can get a better nickel option in free agency. Whitner is tricky because I'd rather not sign him long term yet at the same time I don't want to waste another draft pick on a DB.

I would extend Whitner, Poz and Florence ... only because we have so many other holes. Youboty is not a football player; he is a cream puff that is never ready to get on the field and sieze the moment.

Agree that the overall talent is very poor. Worse than the 1984-85 era and maybe slightly better than the 1969-71 era.

Least talented team in the NFL easy this season hands down. I would consider re-signing Posluszny for the right money, but Florence and Youboty aren't worth extending. Then again, Kelsay is an absolute waste of money too and they kept him around for some inexplicable reason.

With all of their needs, if they don't sign 2-3 solid UFA's next off-season, you can read between the lines and see their strategy. Even with Posluszny, they'll need help at ILB eventually, OLB, OT, C, WR2, QB, TE depth, and don't look now, but S.

The problem is that we lose players and we do not have the ability to adequately replace them either because we draft poorly and there is not a young player ready to step in or we are not active in free agency. At this point, our strategy of building through the draft cannot keep up with the holes that we have and the holes that are always being created, particularly when the replacements are usually worse than the players let go or not re-signed. If anything, the talent level is deteriorating. What we need are upgrades at almost every position other than RB, cornerback, K, and punter.

With some of the other dismal Bills teams of the past, there were always at least a few players you could point to & say that they were really good... players that you could just see becoming an integral part of a good team in the future. After 5 games, I just don't see anyone like that right now.

With some of the other dismal Bills teams of the past, there were always at least a few players you could point to & say that they were really good... players that you could just see becoming an integral part of a good team in the future. After 5 games, I just don't see anyone like that right now.

Agreed. I think that is why the current situation is so depressing and why it may take years for the Bills to be competitive.

Not sure if we're just talking about players up for extension but Levitre is a beast, he's a man amongst boys out there. I still have hope for Wood too, maybe at C.

Well, let's think about this. When they announced the extension for Kelsey, they indicated that he is valuable in the locker room. So he is "Miss Congeniality" of the Bills. So now you are asking us which contestant wins the talent contest. My response is... how do we know? Pick any superstar in the league and surround him with the rest of the Bills team and he would be a candidate to be cut. As much as I hate to say it, compare the performance of T.O. last year with this year. Enough said.

It was the same scenario when Randy Moss went from the Raiders to the Patriots. Suddenly he was a superstar again and broke the record for the most touchdowns in a season.

Edited by BillsfaninFl

I can think of several who should be extended over hot coals and roasted.

I would extend Whitner, Poz and Florence ... only because we have so many other holes. Youboty is not a football player; he is a cream puff that is never ready to get on the field and sieze the moment.

Agree that the overall talent is very poor. Worse than the 1984-85 era and maybe slightly better than the 1969-71 era.

LOL @ cream Puff.....that was funny!!!!

Extend George Wilson. He can make some plays and is a good back up and special teams player. Sad thing with him is he probably is still one of the best WR on this pathetic team. I need to see if Whitner, Florence, and Poz can stay healthy for the rest of the year and play 100% and make a few plays then maybe extend them at the right price. Sad thing is none of these players make plays so none of them deserve a raise. Let Yoaboty walk.

I extend Florence and Puz. Florence has been solid for us and I slide Puz to his more natural LOLB position. I think Scott or Wilson can do just as much as Whitner on the field, if not more.

Agreed, extend poz and move him to OLB. Then draft a stud MLB that can actually shed blocks and effectively stop the run.

Extend Florence, and then trade Terrence McGee to the highest bidder. He must have some value on the trade market, and we have a great deal of depth at CB. Get rid of him before he loses his value, and build through the draft (alla the pats).

Get rid of Whitner any way possible. Package him in a trade or just release him. I have seen enough of him to realize that he sucks in coverage and is inconsistent playing the run. George Wilson is a better option in the interim.

I could extent all of them but not at starter money. We haven't been able to stop the run ever since Poz has been here and we know how he defends the pass. He is not a starter talent, a backup at best. Offer him backup money. Whitner I would extend but not at starter money. He is the best hitter on the team. Plays the run solid but not very good in pass coverage but worth keeping. I like Florence I think he is solid as a number two CB but not worth the crazy CB bucks we have seen in the past. Youboty could be the odd man out but seriously how much could he be asking for...he should be the easiest one to sign. If they all want be paid like starters don't hesitate to let them all go. They are to easy to replace.

Edited by VADC Bills

I extend Florence and Puz. Florence has been solid for us and I slide Puz to his more natural LOLB position. I think Scott or Wilson can do just as much as Whitner on the field, if not more.

+ 1

Whitner should be released, and that would be the end of his career. Same with Y'boty. What has that guy EVER done.