Will we make a play for Shawne Merriman?

Estro

Merriman had 29.5 sacks in 28 games after being suspended for steroid use, then he blew out his knee. Since the NFL doesn't test for HGH, he could still be on something. His knee, and other ailments, are the biggest problem. If he was healthy he'd be productive. Can't do a thing when you don't have your legs.

Edited by bouds

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the usual"i heard of him, get er done" sarcasm is about to start...but this may be different. The Bills are so god awful at linebacker, maybe he could help if healthy. I have watched zero Chargers games so have no idea how he has looked. Yes, I can see his stats have plummeted since the roid suspension, but on a team as bad as the Bills can he not be an upgrade?

Guess he will want a new contract, but he can poiund salt till he performs on the field

2 year deal. Don't even let him play this year. Just get superhealthy and ramp up next year. I'd give that a shot. But he'll probably sign with the Pats if he has anything left.

Nix drafted him in San Diego... And I know he is good friends with Maybin

I LIVE IN SAN DIEGO. HE'S FINISHED . HASNT COMPETED IN 3 YEARS. HE WAS INJURED, BUT IT IS OVER. TOO BAD, I HAVE TWO AUTOGRAPHED BALLS AND ONE HELMET SIGNED BY HIM. WONT BE WORTH ANYTHING NOW. HE ONCE LOOKED LIK ETHE NEXT RAY LEWIS.

Yeah, a guy who loves the spotlight, hanging with celebrities and taking in the nightlife - I'm sure Buffalo is right at the top of the list of places he wants to go.....

...did I mention that we are probably years away from even being competitive and don't pay huge contracts? Yes indeed, if I had a nickle for ever reason a guy like that would want to come to Buffalo....I'd have exactly ZERO nickles......

I LIVE IN SAN DIEGO. HE'S FINISHED . HASNT COMPETED IN 3 YEARS. HE WAS INJURED, BUT IT IS OVER. TOO BAD, I HAVE TWO AUTOGRAPHED BALLS AND ONE HELMET SIGNED BY HIM. WONT BE WORTH ANYTHING NOW. HE ONCE LOOKED LIK ETHE NEXT RAY LEWIS.

I hope he used a felt tip pen when he was autographing your balls. :devil:

Merriman had 29.5 sacks in 28 games after being suspended for steroid use, then he blew out his knee. Since the NFL doesn't test for HGH, he could still be on something. His knee, and other ailments, are the biggest problem. If he was healthy he'd be productive. Can't do a thing when you don't have your legs.

Odd how no one mentions the injury and only points to the steroids. Id assume at best, a combo effect is why hes degraded a lot in the recent years. that said, if he can get the knee back MOST of the way to 100%, hes still a good starter in this league. Just a matter of how much money he thinks he is worth.

I hope not.

We don't need anymore steroid users...

What?! We clearly need MORE steroid users. Have you seen our run D?

Anyway, the way I see it as fans anyway we can't complain about sucking and having no talent and then talk bad about the idea of Shawne coming here...he won't...but we should want him to. Same as I said when Vick got out of jail...ect....bottom line...we have no business saying we wouldn't want him...right now or later...whether or not he's the "next Ray Lewis" he was or not...we have not players on this team...and nobody that has every been all that successful...

That is truth.

Edited by dayman

merriman even now with the injuries would be our best linebacker he has six weeks to get healthy and he will have to pass a physical this is a great situation for us to at least pick up someone that knows how linebackers should play

i agree....

btw....isn't your avatar a pic of jenn sterger?

yes Sir, she was a Cow girl at FSU , what ever the hell that means. Basically they would dress wearing next to nothing and sit in the front row at the games.

Edited by BUFFALOTONE

As we are debating this, in case anyone forgets, this is our current depth chart at LB.

SLB Chris Kelsay

MLB Andra Davis Akin Ayodele

WLB Paul Posluszny Keith Ellison Arthur Moats

JLB Reggie Torbor Aaron Maybin Antonio Coleman

Who?