Wow, this is some article written by a former agent

plenzmd1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/magazine/10/12/agent/index.html?eref=sihp

Wow, this dude used to be an agent, details all the money he gave out, kinda implicats Kiper giving better grades to clients of his friend Gary Wichard etc. Good read

Wow. Can't wait to see how this plays out with the allegations. With all the people confirming Luchs, it's hard to believe Kiper's denial. I am sure that Kiper and Wichard had (have) some deals going on, it's almost hard to believe that there isn't something a little shady going on there.

I wonder if people's view of Reggie Bush might change given how widespread it was (is?) and how the players/agents were all aware what was going on.

To me, it was never about Reggie taking the money. Anyone who's been do a big time D-I school knows whats going on. With the reggie bush scenario, the scumbag NCAA is at fault. It was plain as day what was going on, but they were holding USC to a differnt set of standards due to their perceived "greatness." Make no mistake, if USC went 7-5 back in '06 or '07, the NCAA would have been all over them at that point. They used USC for their own good, and then handed "punishment" down when it became conveinent for them.

Excellent article, but a sad truth (for me st least), it just confirmed what I already thought to be going on. I am not sure there is any way the NCAA or the NFL can stem this - when there are millions at play, there will be guys trying to get an edge. Though - I completely disagree with the allegaitons against Mel...come on now....

I wonder if people's view of Reggie Bush might change given how widespread it was (is?) and how the players/agents were all aware what was going on.

my view on Bush as a great collegiate player never changed since nothing that happened effected his play on the field, AT ALL.

To me, it was never about Reggie taking the money. Anyone who's been do a big time D-I school knows whats going on. With the reggie bush scenario, the scumbag NCAA is at fault. It was plain as day what was going on, but they were holding USC to a differnt set of standards due to their perceived "greatness." Make no mistake, if USC went 7-5 back in '06 or '07, the NCAA would have been all over them at that point. They used USC for their own good, and then handed "punishment" down when it became conveinent for them.

agreed completely. The NCAA and the Conferences and the Schools have no problem making millions, if not billions, of dollars off of these kids, but then go on and suspend Georgia's AJ Green for selling a jersey he owned as his own property, on Ebay. Yet, that same jersey is hanging up in every store on campus, and all over Georgia with the NCAA profiting from sales. It's all such a hypocritical mess.