Craig Patrick: You're missing some of the best players.

Steely Dan

Herb Brooks: I'm not looking for the best players, Craig. I'm looking for the right ones.

IMO, this is what is going on at One Bills Drive. They are separating the chaff from the wheat. They are trying to get the right players. The one thing, it seems to me, that all of the draft picks and UFA signings this year is that they seem to be: smart, hard working, good football character on the field, good character off the field and tough SOB's.

I'd rather have a slightly less talented guy coming out of college who's a hard worker and nasty on the field than a guy who's gotten by on his talent alone. I know some will disagree but I think if Baltimore was offered Torell Troup for Terrance Cody they'd jump at the chance and feel like they ripped the Bills off. JMO

IMO, team chemistry is why Lynch is gone.

IMO, this is what is going on at One Bills Drive. They are separating the chaff from the wheat. They are trying to get the right players. The one thing, it seems to me, that all of the draft picks and UFA signings this year is that they seem to be: smart, hard working, good football character on the field, good character off the field and tough SOB's.

I'd rather have a slightly less talented guy coming out of college who's a hard worker and nasty on the field than a guy who's gotten by on his talent alone. I know some will disagree but I think if Baltimore was offered Torell Troup for Terrance Cody they'd jump at the chance and feel like they ripped the Bills off. JMO

Lynch is gone because there's one football and there were 3 RB's. Can't see how people overthink this.

Former GM Marv Levy wanted players who were smart, hard working, had good football character and good overall character off the field. They ultimately drafted and signed a lot of guys who weren't good players and were coached by an inept defensive minded coach who wasn't good there and dreadful on offense. They also drafted/signed guys with bad football character (Dockery, Walker) or bad character off the field (K. Simpson, Lynch, Hardy)

It is simply amazing how people forget history, even the recent kind.

The Bills are basically saying hit me to the dealer, not knowing when or if they'll get to 21 or bust out totally. Their moves aren't calculated but desperate and short-sighted.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

By right do you mean bad? because then you would be spot on.

CAPTAIN KELSAY!!!

As much as I like the moves by Nix this season , i cant explain the kelsay extenstion. That came way out of left field and should be and will be scrutinized heavily by fans and media alike.. I really dont know what was going on behind the scenes when they thought Kelsay was worth an extension.

Herb Brooks: I'm not looking for the best players, Craig. I'm looking for the right ones.

Funny thing is you can very easily say Trent possessed all of these characteristics.

i think marshawn had the most character on the team. if you were to mic anyone else on this team, it would be the most dull listening experience. marshawn is the only one that made me laugh, hearing what he is saying. anytime there was a locker room interview and lynch was in it, there were always teammates laughing around him. he was the straw that stirred the drink.

i think marshawn had the most character on the team. if you were to mic anyone else on this team, it would be the most dull listening experience. marshawn is the only one that made me laugh, hearing what he is saying. anytime there was a locker room interview and lynch was in it, there were always teammates laughing around him. he was the straw that stirred the drink.

There is a difference between "being a charactor" and "having charactor" I think you are confusing the two.

Since when does donating to charity and being a choir boy result in winning football games?

Just curious?

I think lynch was well liked, and per CB post on BB.com they players really liked him...

Marshawn certainly came across as likable early on, so I don't doubt the other guys on the team liked him. A lot of times if a player's attitude is a negative influence on the team it isn't always evident to the players until he's gone, so it's up to the coaches to weed them out. I'm not sure if that's the case here, but it could be.

The players genuinely like and vigorously defended Jauron, but now that he's gone I think they realize how bad they had it. Dickie J. was such a thug!

I think he said "I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the best TEAM".

So what have they done? Cut a few players, pick up a draft pick and a few players that were let go by other teams.

Edited by Bob in STL

Lynch's teammates loved him. Where do you get team chemistry was a problem. The Bills need the right players who also happen to be

extremely talented. Hard worker doesn't mean successful. Kelsay is a hard worker. Ryan Denney was a hard worker. Whitner is a hard

worker. We need impact players.

:sick: et tu Steely Dan?

Lynch's teammates loved him. Where do you get team chemistry was a problem. The Bills need the right players who also happen to be

extremely talented. Hard worker doesn't mean successful. Kelsay is a hard worker. Ryan Denney was a hard worker. Whitner is a hard

While I agree with your point, but I am fairly certain, this was not overwhelmingly true.

The Bills are basically saying hit me to the dealer, not knowing when or if they'll get to 21 or bust out totally. Their moves aren't calculated but desperate and short-sighted.

I agree with the rest of what you say, but not this part. Whether it's blackjack or bust, I believe they are looking at this long term...like 5 years long term. It seems to me they are getting rid of players that either don't want to be here or just aren't in their long term plans. I don't think they have the idea that they are going to purge this year and either start winning next week or rebuild all of the holes in one off-season and be in playoff contention next year. These are just the first steps of a long walk.

Again, I'm not saying it's the right or wrong strategy, just that I think that's what's going on. The Nix/Gailey regime has just started, so for them this is a new project. As Bills fans, we don't have that luxery. We've been dealing with this rebuilding for over a decade.

Edited by Faustus

Since when does donating to charity and being a choir boy result in winning football games?

Just curious?

Where did I say an idiotic statement like that? Is it possible you need to go back and read what I wrote?

I think he said "I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the best TEAM".

So what have they done? Cut a few players, pick up a draft pick and a few players that were let go by other teams.

Cut and paste quote from IMDB

Lynch was the only person to miss a LOT of time at One Bills Drive this offseason. IMO, they want guys committed all year round.