If Moss goes for a 3rd rounder or lower...

Virgil

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5653186

When the trade is completed, the Patriots will have two picks in each of the first four rounds of the 2011 draft -- their own picks and a first-round pick from Oakland, a second-round pick from Carolina, the third-round pick from Minnesota and a fourth-rounder from Denver.

:sick: :sick: :cry::wallbash:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus. Where did they get the first and second rounders from? Did one of them come from Seymour? If that's the case, you gotta hand it to them. Although, if The Bills traded away Moss and Seymour, TSW would collapse.

yeah, the first was for Seymour. Track that entire career/transaction: Pats unload an aging Bledsoe who they don't need for our 1st, and pick Seymour. They get Pro-Bowl level play from him for a bunch of years and then unload him for another 1st round pick which will most likely end up top 10 (maybe top 5).

Pay close attention to who the Pats use Oakland's pick on this year, you can thank Donahoe for giving them that player...

While their drafts have been a bit suspect the last few years (although the play of Chung and Tate, for ex., Monday night may elevate their grade), it's a bit scary looking at the ammo they now have to reload next season. Still, they'll need at least one (probably two) RBs, one or two LBs, a WR, a DE and an OL through the draft and FA to replace guys getting older or who aren't very good. This does give them the ammo to get at least some of those guys via the draft. Should be interesting....

yeah, the first was for Seymour. Track that entire career/transaction: Pats unload an aging Bledsoe who they don't need for our 1st, and pick Seymour. They get Pro-Bowl level play from him for a bunch of years and then unload him for another 1st round pick which will most likely end up top 10 (maybe top 5).

Pay close attention to who the Pats use Oakland's pick on this year, you can thank Donahoe for giving them that player...

So where did the 2nd come from?

Also, let's not kid ourselves. Props to NE, but OAK was !@#$ing foolish to give up a first for Seymour.

If this trade goes down, the Pats will then have the Raiders' 1st, the Panthers' 2nd, and the Vikings' 3rd round draft picks.

They are only going to get better and younger.

6 picks in the first 3 rounds?!?!? :wallbash:

Edited by RyanC883

Not that I thought it was bad before, but the Lynch trade is looking pretty good now.

Really? Just because the Pats got a third doesn't eliminate the fact that the Bills record in the fourth round is abysmal. Moreover, it's not like the Pats have drafted well lately. Actually, I'm kind of shocked -- I thought they were trying to win it all this year.

So where did the 2nd come from?

Also, let's not kid ourselves. Props to NE, but OAK was !@#$ing foolish to give up a first for Seymour.

The 2nd rounder comes from Carolina. I dont know from what trade yet. Maybe last years draft? Carolina moved up?

Of course Oakland was foolish. Props to NE for recognizing that, and finding something they had that Oakland wanted.

6 picks in the first 3 rounds?!?!? :wallbash:

make that 8 picks in the first 4 rounds. See above.

Edited by DrDankenstein

I hope this puts to bed all the nonsense that we didnt get nearly enough for Lynch. First off Moss is worth more than Lynch even at this point in his career second I think the Vikes are a little bit more desperate at this point than Seattle or Green Bay. Moss will certainly mean more to the Vikes offense with Farve as QB than Lynch is going to man to Seattle.......

Seeing the value that Moss got, we would only gets 5ths, maybe a 4th if lucky. I pass. What good are 4th and 5th rounders going to do us?

only value i see in stock-piling a bunch of 4th rounders is trying to package them together to move back into the 2nd or something.

but that's risky seeing as how it takes two to tango.

Will everyone let the Lynch thing go? Moss will have a much greater impact on the Vikings that Lynch will on the Seahawks. Plus, the Vikings 3rd will probably be only about 15 spots away from where the Seahawks 4th will be.

I'm sad to see our 1st rounder Beast-Mode go for only a 4th as well, but at what point do you just pull the plug. Spiller is the future and Jackson is too good to be on the bench. Jackson was not going to fetch that much on the open market and Spiller isn't going anywhere. And remember, Lynch is the guy who is one Jay-Walking away from a year suspension.

I hope this implosion ends soon.

Now trade Evans and Whitner please...

you actually had an intelligent post until you suggested we trade Evans next.

nix is trying to fill holes by dealing players from a position of strength. the complete stupidity of trading Evans would not only weaken the team but also give us another massive hole to fill. really man use your head.

NE just traded moss for a third,sow we trade evans for a third do you think we are going to replace Evans with that third?

it makes no sense to trade evans or any of our good players. we need good players what we dont need is to cut the good players we have.

Lynch was expendable because we had an abundance of running backs so it does not hurt us and the pick definatly helps us,its very simple yet half the bills fans dont seem to get it.

The 1st rounder the Bills gave to the Pats for Bledsoe was used on Ty Warren in 2003 (although the Pats gave-up an additional pick to move up 1 spot to get him). Seymour was drafted the 2 years before.

Edited by Doc

The 1st rounder the Bills gave to the Pats for Bledsoe was used on Ty Warren in 2003 (although the Pats gave-up an additional pick to move up 1 spot to get him). Seymour was drafted the 2 years before.

ah, you are correct. my bad.

that almost makes me feel a little better. almost.

The 2nd rounder comes from Carolina. I dont know from what trade yet. Maybe last years draft? Carolina moved up?

Of course Oakland was foolish. Props to NE for recognizing that, and finding something they had that Oakland wanted.

make that 8 picks in the first 4 rounds. See above.

Carolina traded a #2 in 2011 for a #3 in 2010. I dont see how NE always dupes teams into making this deal or trade. (e.g. trade a round higher next year for a round lower this year)

Carolina traded a #2 in 2011 for a #3 in 2010. I dont see how NE always dupes teams into making this deal or trade. (e.g. trade a round higher next year for a round lower this year)

That's the way all future trades work. It's always a pick in X round this year is worth a pick in X-1 round next year (unless you're trading for a first rounder, in which it's multiple picks in whatever round either this year or next).

If we could get that third round pick that New England just got for Lee Evans, I would jump on it!

So NE, the team that gave up a 4th for Moss, used him well for a few seasons, then traded him for a 3rd (IE a team that generally does not make stupid moves). They are the team that is going to give up said 3rd round pick to pick up a 2nd or 3rd WR with a 9.5 million dollar price tag?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha! :)

Dare to dream man :)

Randy Moss won't help the Vikings. They'll choke again as long as Favre's there and I will put money that bringing Moss to Minny was all Favre. That guy's a bonafide douchebag.

With New England, it's all about building through draft and they're one of the best at it (along with the Eagles). I envy front offices like the ones they have.