2nd worst move by the Bills in my lifetime

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP is way off here. While the Bills have made a plethora of horrid moves in their history, most recently the extension of kelsey, this isn't one of them. Yes we spent a first rd pick on Lynch. At this point though, no one was going to give anything higher than a 4th, a 3rd would have been the highest but it doesn't look like it was happening. He was benched last yr due to ineffectiveness and has had plenty of off the field problems.

We just spend the 9th pick of this years draft on a RUNNING BACK. There isn't a need for Lynch here, lets give spiller some much needed touches. The guy is electric and horribly underutilized right now..Also Jackson is the better of the two between him and Lynch.

We weren't going anywhere with Lynch, might as well get some value for him now.

the overreaction to this trade on this board is unreal.

I agree. The rationalizations also are unreal. How Lynch sucked, not a difference maker etc. just because he is no longer a Bill.

He is a former first round pick and pro bowl selection. And yes they were showcasing him the past few weeks, but aside from Fitz running, Lynch was the only other player worth a **** for the Bills. So he did not suck. Is he the type of player that was going to turn the Bills into a respectable team .. no. So they traded a player who would have left as soon as he could anyway for a couple middle of the road draft picks. Not the greatest move in the world but not completely stupid either.

Now NE though. They give up a 4th to get Moss, use him for a few good seasons, then trade him for a 3rd. Now that's a good series of trades by a team. But I digress.

Jackson is better than Lynch and CJ will be miles better than Lynch in the near future.

Comparing CJ to Lynch makes no sense. Completely different styles. Do you see CF runing between the tackles or in on a 3rd and 2 ... no. Comparing apples to oranges there. Will Fred Jackson be able to fill that roll with this OL? We will soon see.

I stopped reading at "stud of a running back."

Maybe in Div II college he is.

Want to wager? I believe Lynch is one of the best backs in the NFL, that he is just about to really hit his stride. Name it, I will likely bet ya. 1,000 yards in the rest of the games?

Go Seahawks!

When they got rid of Collins for Rob Johnson and gave two high picks, I was furious-Collins was going to be the quarterback to replace Kellly effectively. 13 years of many wasted high draft picks and mega money flushed away on one hack after another, I stand by that as the most detrimental move by the Bills in my lifetime.

This is the second worst move. Trading a 24 year old stud of a running back for a first round pick would have been crazy, but to trade him for a fourth round pick makes this team's front office look remarkably similar to the incompetent yahoos here who turned the Bills into the joke of the NFL, before Polian arrived and cleaned house. (I remember one Polian insider saying that the scouting department was so bad when they arrived that they did not even hav a a file system for players.)

This is the same team now, inept, incompetent, irrational, and squandering opportunities to become legitimate.

They traded the best player on this team, one who will be a star in this league for years and years, for a fourth round pick.

I have been extremely optimistic, almost always, when it came to the Bills 'turning the corner'. Now, I am completely disgusted by the Bills and have no faith. Any team making this bad of a move has almost no chance to become even competitive.

Can you say 2-14? If they are lucky. Go Seahawks.

the getting rid of Collins was the good part. Did you see him play the other night?-He looked less mobile than Uncle Charlie from My Three Sons--and he was still throwing grounders after 14 years.The announcer said he shouldnt be throwing out patterns at this stage of his career(after he grounded one).I wanted to tell him that passing was never Collins strong suit....except for those 5 good games he had in 07.

the getting rid of Collins was the good part. Did you see him play the other night?-He looked less mobile than Uncle Charlie from My Three Sons--and he was still throwing grounders after 14 years.The announcer said he shouldnt be throwing out patterns at this stage of his career(after he grounded one).I wanted to tell him that passing was never Collins strong suit....except for those 5 good games he had in 07.

Yeah, good analysis--the Bears offensive line made the Bills look like the second coming of the Electric Company--what did they sack Cutler, 9 times!? Get real--Collins is the only Bills quarterback of the last decade plus to still be playing and there is a reason for that, a reason that the Bears pleaded with him to be their backup.

When they got rid of Collins for Rob Johnson and gave two high picks, I was furious-Collins was going to be the quarterback to replace Kellly effectively. 13 years of many wasted high draft picks and mega money flushed away on one hack after another, I stand by that as the most detrimental move by the Bills in my lifetime.

This is the second worst move. Trading a 24 year old stud of a running back for a first round pick would have been crazy, but to trade him for a fourth round pick makes this team's front office look remarkably similar to the incompetent yahoos here who turned the Bills into the joke of the NFL, before Polian arrived and cleaned house. (I remember one Polian insider saying that the scouting department was so bad when they arrived that they did not even hav a a file system for players.)

This is the same team now, inept, incompetent, irrational, and squandering opportunities to become legitimate.

They traded the best player on this team, one who will be a star in this league for years and years, for a fourth round pick.

I have been extremely optimistic, almost always, when it came to the Bills 'turning the corner'. Now, I am completely disgusted by the Bills and have no faith. Any team making this bad of a move has almost no chance to become even competitive.

I can't say 2-14, but I can damn sure say 0-16! This is the worst team in the history of sports! :bag: they even make the olden day Saints look great...

I can't say 2-14, but I can damn sure say 0-16! This is the worst team in the history of sports! :bag: they even make the olden day Saints look great...

Easy on the hyperbole generator... they've lost to four above average teams, IMO, and were in two of those games until very late in the game.

I realize the man crush you had on Lynch but the facts are we have 2 starter-worthy rbs in Spiller and Jackson and Lynch was a luxury for a rebuilding team. The Bills had to maximize his value while they could . He would've walked in 2 years and left the Bills with no compensation. Yea it would have been nice to get a 3rd or 2nd for Lynch but the fact remains that running backs in the NFL today have very little value and the Bills had no leverage in negotiations because of the quality of rbs on currently on the team in Spiller and Jackson and the fact that Lynch would not be resigning with the Bills.

I agree. The rationalizations also are unreal. How Lynch sucked, not a difference maker etc. just because he is no longer a Bill.

He is a former first round pick and pro bowl selection. And yes they were showcasing him the past few weeks, but aside from Fitz running, Lynch was the only other player worth a **** for the Bills. So he did not suck. Is he the type of player that was going to turn the Bills into a respectable team .. no. So they traded a player who would have left as soon as he could anyway for a couple middle of the road draft picks. Not the greatest move in the world but not completely stupid either.

Now NE though. They give up a 4th to get Moss, use him for a few good seasons, then trade him for a 3rd. Now that's a good series of trades by a team. But I digress.

Comparing CJ to Lynch makes no sense. Completely different styles. Do you see CF runing between the tackles or in on a 3rd and 2 ... no. Comparing apples to oranges there. Will Fred Jackson be able to fill that roll with this OL? We will soon see.

Jackson already has filled Lynch's role in the past and did it better than Lynch. Why are we making a plain to see average RB(Lynch) into some All-World RB? The guy averaged the NFL average per carry for an NFL RB, if not a hair less. Jackson behind the same Oline, averaged at least a half a yard more per carry than Lynch did throughout his career here, and is a much better receiver.

Apparently not a single NFL GM agrees with you.. otherwise, they would have been lining up around the block to offer us 1st rounders.

Can you name 1 player on the Bills that anyone would give up better than a 4th round pick for? Lee Evans is probably the ONLY one who might pull a 3rd rounder - but that is doubtful - I mean for flip's sake Randy Moss only pulled a third rounder, and Randy Moss, baggage and age included, is indescribably better than Lee Evans ever will be.

While Lynch may not necessarily have been the best on the team, the point was very much debatable. Personally, I think he was our best player. However, this was not a bad move, because Lynch was gone to free agency asap anyway, and since we have zero chance of competing before that happens, might as well recoup some value while you can.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

Color me crazy because I would have gladly taken a second rounder for him. But seeing as how we got a 4th rounder, "that'll do Chan, that'll do"

I know, I know, it's not every day you can find a running back who has a penchant for finding the biggest collection of bodies and running squarely into their backsides for a one yard gain. Hopefully, we can locate that RB, and if he has off field tendencies, ooooh baby, SuperBowl here we come.

At least Lynch tried to run through them, not dance around them like Spiller does...

..and at least Lynch got that yard...Spiller would have lost it!

Jackson already has filled Lynch's role in the past and did it better than Lynch. Why are we making a plain to see average RB(Lynch) into some All-World RB? The guy averaged the NFL average per carry for an NFL RB, if not a hair less. Jackson behind the same Oline, averaged at least a half a yard more per carry than Lynch did throughout his career here, and is a much better receiver.

So you are comparing 1 year for Fred to Lynch's entire career?

Yeah, that sounds fair!

Fred Jackson barely got to 1,000 yards last year...he had to have like 200 yards against Indy's backups to put him over 1,000!

Marshawn Lynch did it TWO years in a row...and he went for about 200 extra, compared to Jackson JUST getting there!

I would have liked earlier picks than the 4th in 2011 and 5th (6th?) the next year, but I'm constantly over-valuing what players should get in picks. The Randy Moss trade for a 3rd showed me how much sense this trade made.

Todd Collins greatness has become the new mythology of the Bills. The Johnson deal turned out to be a bust, but to think Collins would have done anything more than Johnson is garbage. He was not a good starting NFL QB.

I feel your pain as well. Although Collins looked very promising early on in his career he went on a downward spiral after several viscious hit's he took when playing the Chiefs one day at Rich stadium, and was never the same since. He has had a journeyman career, and while RJ turned out to be a total bust there was that glimmer of hope..... I hated to see ML go, but many of the media and the fan base wanted him traded. I'm sure he will shine with the Hawks, and we will live to regret the move, but I feel it was in the cards as soon as the Bills took Spiller.