One football thing you were DEAD ASS wrong about

bartshan-83

Continuing the crow eating theme of today's series of dredged up laugher posts, I thought it might be therapeutic to name one or more things we were all wrong about (hey I'm a Psych major). I know we are all football experts/Gods, but there must have been one time you just straight whiffed like ND finding a coach.

I'll start this party.....

1.) I thought Ryan Leaf would be better than Peyton Manning :doh::P (holy sh-- did I miss there).

2.) I thought Tom Brady would fail in NE. (Not exactly fail, but definitely not win another SB and lead a dynasty in the making).

3.) I thought Rob Johnson would be a probowler.

I've made some good calls in my time, but daaaamn, those 3 speak for themselves.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuing the crow eating theme of today's series of dredged up laugher posts, I thought it might be therapeutic to name one or more things we were all wrong about (hey I'm a Psych major). I know we are all football experts/Gods, but there must have been one time you just straight whiffed like ND finding a coach.

I'll start this party.....

1.) I thought Ryan Leaf would be better than Peyton Manning :doh:  :P  (holy sh-- did I miss there).

2.) I thought Tom Brady would fail in NE. (Not exactly fail, but definitely not win another SB and lead a dynasty in the making).

3.) I thought Rob Johnson would be a probowler.

I've made some good calls in my time, but daaaamn, those 3 speak for themselves.

150446[/snapback]

I thought the Bills were going to win every one of those Superbowls.

I thought Rob Johnson was going to be a pro-bowler as well.

I thought Jake Plummer coming out of college would be a special player.

In college, when I first saw Zach Mills, I compared him to Doug Flutiie (Mills really provided a spark when PSU was 0-4 at the time) and thought Mills would go down as the greatest QB in Penn State history.

1. I thought Brian Bosworth was going to be an All-Pro for years.

2. I thought Joe Gibbs would make the Redskins a playoff contender this year.

3. I thought Josh Reed was going to be as capable as Andre Reed.

150480[/snapback]

WOW! Your #1 and #2 were the first two that I thought of besides being wrong about Leaf vs. Manning. Kinda creepy.

I thought Daimon Shelton was a stiff who didn't belong on the field.  I believe I was right through week 4, at least. 

Hmmm...that's about it, really.  I stand by most everything else I've said.

150492[/snapback]

Up until week 5 I was screaming for Sheltons release, now Im trying to vote him into the Pro Bowl...(and I hate agreeing with DC Tom)

I thought Corey Moore would be the second coming of Steve Tasker. Then I thought the same thing about Coy Wire. (It's not too late!)

And reaching way back: I thought Tony Hunter would make us all forget Reuben Gant.

I thought Corey Moore would be the second coming of Steve Tasker.  Then I thought the same thing about Coy Wire.  (It's not too late!)

And reaching way back:  I thought Tony Hunter would make us all forget Reuben Gant.

150500[/snapback]

Who's Reuben Gant? :doh:

Hell...who's Tony Hunter, for that matter...?