It Just Dawned on Me

JPS

Doesn't it make more sense that Ralph is putting a crappy product on the field to lessen the blow of them leaving? Don't hire football people. Pay rock bottom for GMs, Coaches and "talent". It's not that he's senile and he has good intentions. I think he maybe stripping this town of our pride in this team so it's easier to say goodbye. Maybe it's a paranoid delusion I had after having one too many bowls of Lucky Charms, but it does make sense, doesn't it?

I hope I'm as far away from right as can be. And before you say "the Bills can't leave Bflo", I ask where you live.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't it make more sense that Ralph is putting a crappy product on the field to lessen the blow of them leaving? Don't hire football people. Pay rock bottom for GMs, Coaches and "talent". It's not that he's senile and he has good intentions. I think he maybe stripping this town of our pride in this team so it's easier to say goodbye. Maybe it's a paranoid delusion I had after having one too many bowls of Lucky Charms, but it does make sense, doesn't it?

I hope I'm as far away from right as can be. And before you say "the Bills can't leave Bflo", I ask where you live.

It makes no sense whatsoever but keep eating those Lucky Charms and let me know how it works out for you.

He's been doing this for most the 50 years he has owned the team. Why do you bring it up now?

Yeah, because you need to have an "exit strategy" before leaving a city. Just like Cleveland did when they moved to Baltimore... :rolleyes:

Or the Colts did to Baltimore Prior, or the Cardinals did to St. Louis, or The Rams did the 300 times they moved, or . . .

Oh wait teams just move when they want to without worrying about the city they are abandoning. They don't care how easy it will be for Buffalo Bills' former fans if they are going to move.

:blink:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah, because you need to have an "exit strategy" before leaving a city. Just like Cleveland did when they moved to Baltimore... :rolleyes:

Well I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, but if you are old enough to remember the Buffalo Braves, when new owner John Y. Brown tried to move the Braves to San Diego, he was blocked by the NBA because the league said Buffalo supported the franchise well. Brown then set out to cut or trade every good player on the team until the Braves were the worst team in the NBA. As you can imagine attendance dropped like a rock, and Brown had his alibi to leave town.

Of course the franchise never recovered and still sucks to this day: The L.A. Clippers.

Honestly the same thought crossed my mind.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Well I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, but if you are old enough to remember the Buffalo Braves, when new owner John Y. Brown tried to move the Braves to San Diego, he was blocked by the NBA because the league said Buffalo supported the franchise well. Brown then set out to cut or trade every good player on the team until the Braves were the worst team in the NBA. As you can imagine attendance dropped like a rock, and Brown had his alibi to leave town.

Of course the franchise never recovered and still sucks to this day: The L.A. Clippers.

PTR

The difference is that the league NEVER blocks team moves. In fact, Ralph is one of the only owners to actually vote against all of the moves.

Doesn't it make more sense that Ralph is putting a crappy product on the field to lessen the blow of them leaving? Don't hire football people. Pay rock bottom for GMs, Coaches and "talent". It's not that he's senile and he has good intentions. I think he maybe stripping this town of our pride in this team so it's easier to say goodbye.

'

definitely... because wilson is so kind hearted and shown so much concern for bills fans' psyches over the years

I hope you didn't hurt yourself.

You know most things in life probley are not a conspiracy...I'm willing to bet we are just not a good football team

PTR

Moses Malone, Randy Smith, Tiny Archibald.....I think they all went for cash. I know we didn't sell any players, but $78M later, we have 1 less home game.

I know it was just a crazy thought, but what else works?? You can't tell me he's made these series of decisions in order to win...I don't buy it. BTW - Did our season ticket base go up or down?

Or the Colts did to Baltimore Prior, or the Cardinals did to St. Louis, or The Rams did the 300 times they moved, or . . .

Oh wait teams just move when they want to without worrying about the city they are abandoning. They don't care how easy it will be for Buffalo Bills' former fans if they are going to move.

I disagree with that. I think Ralph does care about Bflo. But setting up the justification for a relo is the only explanation I can come up with for Chris Kelsay and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Watch our season tix # next year. I know I'm dropping at least 4.

I'm guessing that you just saw Major League for the first time?