I fail to understand why this board is all up in arms

sullim4

I really don't understand the anger prevalent here today. I mean honestly, who expected this team to do anything this season? Would you prefer another 6-10 or 7-9 season, where we aren't bad enough to draft really high, but not good enough to make the playoffs? If anything, the poor performances of folks drafted by Modrak and company likely mean that they're going to be shown the door! Isn't that what people want? Ralph has ALWAYS had a scapegoat after a bad season (of course, he is never to blame) - let me assure you, while Gailey and Nix won't get shown the door (and they shouldn't, since they have nothing to work with in the personnel department), someone will be.

Yes, I would like to see them be competitive. But I'd rather them suck, and have the FO wake up and realize that we have dire needs at many positions, than for them to keep mediocre players who occasionally make plays. Gailey's presser today indicates to me that if he has any say, there will be major changes this offseason. I never got that sense from Jauron, Meathead, or Greggggggo.

The only thing people should be really unhappy about is the Kelsay extension, since that has the potential to have long-term negative consequences. And yes, it concerns me that they rewarded a very average player with a ridiculous contract. Other than that though, just shut up and wait for April and the draft to come around, and then you have my full blessings to B word if they screw that up again!

I really don't understand the anger prevalent here today. I mean honestly, who expected this team to do anything this season? Would you prefer another 6-10 or 7-9 season, where we aren't bad enough to draft really high, but not good enough to make the playoffs? If anything, the poor performances of folks drafted by Modrak and company likely mean that they're going to be shown the door! Isn't that what people want? Ralph has ALWAYS had a scapegoat after a bad season (of course, he is never to blame) - let me assure you, while Gailey and Nix won't get shown the door (and they shouldn't, since they have nothing to work with in the personnel department), someone will be.

Yes, I would like to see them be competitive. But I'd rather them suck, and have the FO wake up and realize that we have dire needs at many positions, than for them to keep mediocre players who occasionally make plays. Gailey's presser today indicates to me that if he has any say, there will be major changes this offseason. I never got that sense from Jauron, Meathead, or Greggggggo.

The only thing people should be really unhappy about is the Kelsay extension, since that has the potential to have long-term negative consequences. And yes, it concerns me that they rewarded a very average player with a ridiculous contract. Other than that though, just shut up and wait for April and the draft to come around, and then you have my full blessings to B word if they screw that up again!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Today was bad, plus it was the jets. Yes it is a big time rebuild and their are a lot of more competitve games left , but today was bad .

I understand it, and its to be expected. Its never easy in real time to watch your team lose game in and game out. Especially in the manner they did today, the Green bay game, and Miami for the most part.

I am totally fine with this. There is going to be such a high turnover of players over the next 20 or so months that this doesnt matter and its already ancient history. I did expect it to be this bad. At the beginning I expected 1-3 wins. I think its necessary to hit bottom and cleanse the roster, and I am giving Nix/Gailey the benefit of the doubt for about 20 more games. I have faith in them, I have no choice. This is likely the last regime under Uncle Ralph so Im hoping for the best.... there is no choice.

Edited by May Day 10

The front office know what they had this past offseason and did nothing to fix it. Nix is not new to the Bills. Why do you think this offseason will be any different? The other problem is that we don't have any young talent with promise that would benefit from more playing time. Our starting talent is poor and our back-ups are worse.

I said almost exactly the same thing in that thread about people not going to any more games. Weird. But I agree entirely, especially about the Kelsay signing being a very bad omen.

The front office know what they had this past offseason and did nothing to fix it. Nix is not new to the Bills. Why do you think this offseason will be any different? The other problem is that we don't have any young talent with promise that would benefit from more playing time. Our starting talent is poor and our back-ups are worse.

I don't know that the offseason will be any different. But really, it's only then that people can start complaining. Complaining now, when everyone knew that we were going to suck, is useless because it is stating the obvious.

I'm with you man. Remember when we "proved the haters wrong" and beat the Jets at home in '03, '05, and '07? Most probably don't because they were all meaningless games. Basically this was the the sort of game we always win that prevents us from getting a top pick.

I'll just assume the Kelsay signing was a joke.

Exactly. Anyone who is shocked by this needs to check themselves. This teams awfulness was disguised for years by Jauron playing extra conservative to not expose how weak they were. There was no talent in the cupboard to inherit when Gailey/Nix came in. Hell I'm not even sure there was a cupboard. Once we start gets bodies that make up a good physical offensive and defensive line we will see progress. Until then expect 3-13 seasons if that.

I was prepared for them to suck, but I was also expecting them to be somewhat entertaining to watch...more disciplined...with promising performances from some of the younger players...etc.

I didn't expect total and complete failure.

I was prepared for them to suck, but I was also expecting them to be somewhat entertaining to watch...more disciplined...with promising performances from some of the younger players...etc.

I didn't expect total and complete failure.

I feel the same way. So if we are going to suck this much, let's do it with the rooks and young guys. Let the total rebuild begin. N

I feel the same way. So if we are going to suck this much, let's do it with the rooks and young guys. Let the total rebuild begin. N

I agree.

+1. Also our draft class from this year is NOT looking good at all.

The surprise is how much worse than last season they are looking to be... I thought they'd at least be about the same. If they were really this bad and DJ just masked it, then DJ should have been coach of the year instead of run out of town.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

+1. Also our draft class from this year is NOT looking good at all.

Eh, you can hang a lot of things on the new coaching staff/front office, but I don't think personnel is one of them yet. You have to figure Ralph didn't give them anything in terms of a budget given the labor uncertainties and his general stinginess. Add to that the fact that no free agent in their right mind wants to be the next Kawika Mitchell or Takeo Spikes, and you've got a major recruiting problem. You can't force players to come to Buffalo.

I'm not encouraged by what I see from this draft class, but it's way, way too early to judge Spiller - he's had next to no opportunities, which is a legit criticism against Gailey. I am not impressed with Troup or Moats but again, they're rookies.

The real question is why anyone would have the slightest bit of optimism about this franchise. Here we are 4 games into the season and not only do we know that, for all intents and purposes, the season is over, but we also know that the front office and the head coach are a bunch of morons that no more know football talent than the Dali Lama so it is unlikely that the problems will be cured in the next several years.

It would be one thing if they had acquired a bunch of young talent and all we were seeing were growing pains, but that isn't it at all. They didn't draft according to need, and there are at most a handful of players that would make another NFL team, let alone start. Look at Gailey's major decisions thusfar: shift to the 3-4 defense simply because it is trendy, despite the total misfit of talent to that scheme; going with Edwards as the starter without a true competition despite knowing Edward is really just a coward who is scared of his own shadow; not getting Spiller incorporated into the offense in any meaningful way whatsoever. Not to mention the fact that he had input into the draft, so he has blame there as well. Nix? What a joke, an absolute and complete joke of a GM. They are the Buffalo Buffoons, from top to bottom. Just an awful assemblage of inordinate suckitude.

I expected our team to take it's lumps and bruises and have a hard time of it while it got more experienced. But today our D in some ways layed over and took it like a man should never have. Not sure if it's lack of talent, players in new positions, lack of experience, or a new DC who might be in over his head. Or possibly a combination of those. In any case, i'm pissed about the performance. I'm not expecting a SB run here by any means, but today's performance left me aghast. Things need to improve for the better soon, even if it's slight gradual improvements.

So ya i'm a lil up in arms about this. Not overreacting, but a tad up in arms yes. Still looking for the positives of our situation tho.

im not surprised but i havent seen improvement and its tough to know your going to lose week in and week out. I want to see them do well so badly i take each loss very hard.

That said I want to be patient and give them a chance to turn it around but after watching 10 years of rebuilding im getting more and more just upset at the state of our team. I hoped we would never hit rock bottom but it seems we have and thats very depressing to me