Mallet Is Not Worth Drafting

box0life

Ryan Mallet is going to be bust in the NFL. His personality reminds me of Ryan Leaf and his ability reminds me of Drew Bledsoe without the accurancy. On the Bills, you must be mobile since we can't block. Our only option at quarterback in next years draft is Andrew Luck if he declares. I might take Locker in the second round but he is too inaccurate.

It is going to be an interesting draft next year with the pending lock out. It also does not appear that there are any Tackles worth taking in the top 15 picks in next years draft. What will the Bills do if Luck is not available? I am scared to think about it. I bet another RB or CB.

I know that Mallett has some flaws, but to say he is inaccurate after he has completed 68.8% of his passes this year, which is 11th in all of FBS. Luck, on the other hand, has completed 62.8% of his passes, which is good for 45th in FBS. luck has only thrown 10 more passes in 1 extra game because Mallett was on a bye.

You also talk about the guy's mobility. Would you consider Big Ben mobile? I wouldn't but the guy can move around in the pocket because of good footwork. I have seen this presence in Mallett as well. He might not be able to rip off a 20 yard run, but he can definitely buy a few extra seconds in the pocket because of his footwork and pocket presence to allow his receiver to get open.

As far as comparing him to Ryan Leaf and his personality is just pure speculation and opinion and a statement like that holds no water when attempting to make an argument about whether or not the guy is draftable. Please, stick to the facts.

I know that Mallett has some flaws, but to say he is inaccurate after he has completed 68.8% of his passes this year, which is 11th in all of FBS. Luck, on the other hand, has completed 62.8% of his passes, which is good for 45th in FBS. luck has only thrown 10 more passes in 1 extra game because Mallett was on a bye.

You also talk about the guy's mobility. Would you consider Big Ben mobile? I wouldn't but the guy can move around in the pocket because of good footwork. I have seen this presence in Mallett as well. He might not be able to rip off a 20 yard run, but he can definitely buy a few extra seconds in the pocket because of his footwork and pocket presence to allow his receiver to get open.

As far as comparing him to Ryan Leaf and his personality is just pure speculation and opinion and a statement like that holds no water when attempting to make an argument about whether or not the guy is draftable. Please, stick to the facts.

Glad I read the last post in the thread before replying. Was gonna say all this.

He has the raw talents needed in a QB to be successful in the NFL (besides his arm, he has great vision upfield and knows how to read defenses before the snap), all of which can improve as he matures. He is mobile enough, he extends plays all the time by moving and sliding in the pocket with great presence. And he does it without turning into "scared Losman". He keeps his eyes upfield and delivers the ball.

Best QB in the draft this year, and a future franchise QB.

I'm not sold on Mallett either (his performance in road games, big games, and on 3rd down leaves a lot to be desired) but I don't see any way around it. He will be in a Bills uniform next season so you might as well get used to it and start rooting for him.

It's just hard to believe that Nix and Gailey won't draft a franchise QB two years in a row -- what would they be waiting for? And it's hard to believe that any available QB will be rated higher than Mallett. Luck won't be available.

The NFL might as well start stitching Mallett onto the back of Bills jerseys to get some early sales.

Mallett will be a success in the NLF unless the Bills draft him. Arkansas lead Alabama on the road most of the game, closest anyone has come to beating them in two years

C.J.Spiller would have been rookie of the year if the Bills didn't draft him. What do we do, work him in less and less but yet he leads the team in TD's

You also talk about the guy's mobility. Would you consider Big Ben mobile?

I am not pro or anti-Mallet, but I wouldn't compare Mallet to Big Ben in any respect, including his mobility. Roethlisberger is like an ox and can break out of a bunch of tackles and has an uncanny ability to move around and make big plays. Mallett looks like a sitting duck in the pocket; he might be able to shuffle around a little, but he'd get killed playing behind our line in its current condition.

honestly, if stevie j can develop into a solid #2 receiver, i wouldnt be upset if mallett goes to the bills. mallett reminds me of big ben ruthlessraper without the rape or the small school, and i feel if he plays with the same confidence as even ryan fitzpatrick, he can help with the development of the offensive line (of course we'd have to get rid of green). mallett with evans, stevie j, roscoe, shawn nelson, and cj spiller??? that could be the offense to bring the bills out of the basement

and btw, i find it very funny that three months ago everyone was saying that the bills were going to have the top pick in the draft and have our pick at locker, luck, or mallett, now apparently if he does declare, he wont be avaliable...how the tide has turned...

whoever we draft should sit behind fitzy for a few years, either that OBD makes a promise to sit on the current coaching staff for the next few years and we just let the rookie take his blows. if we dont do either we will flounder with who ever we draft

It's just hard to believe that Nix and Gailey won't draft a franchise QB two years in a row -- what would they be waiting for? And it's hard to believe that any available QB will be rated higher than Mallett. Luck won't be available.

The NFL might as well start stitching Mallett onto the back of Bills jerseys to get some early sales.

For sake of debate, which "franchise QB" would you have liked them to take this year? Bradford as gone and may be the only one in the 2010 group....Tebow? Clausen? McCoy?....I am glad we have Spiller...he should be a difference maker for many years...

I'll trust their judgement...if they don't take one next year it's most likely because they weren't sold on who was out there and I'd bet we get another impact player....

Go Bills

and btw, i find it very funny that three months ago everyone was saying that the bills were going to have the top pick in the draft and have our pick at locker, luck, or mallett, now apparently if he does declare, he wont be avaliable...how the tide has turned...

What does this mean? The Bills will win too many games?