Pray Andrew Luck declares for the draft

NewEra

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now you saw it. A 52-31 blowout, after being up 28-3. Zero points in the second half. Looks like Luck shot his load in the first half, and choked at clutch time in his first big game this season.

Stay in school Andy - finish your degree and get another year of playing experience. A Stanford degree is invaluable, and the NFL will be here after you graduate. (Kid's 21 years old, in his sophomore season, ferchrissakes - he's got no business playing in the NFL next season.)

While he definitely did not have a good 2nd half, he feels the game. He understands things about the game that many QB's don't. Things that aren't taught, but felt. He belongs in a Bills uni next year. But he SHOULD stay in school, to avoid playing for us. sad as it is to say.

While he definitely did not have a good 2nd half, he feels the game. He understands things about the game that many QB's don't.] Things that aren't taught, but felt.[/b He belongs in a Bills uni next year. But he SHOULD stay in school, to avoid playing for us. sad as it is to say.

:lol:

And you're basing that opinion on what? His one year of experience in the PAC 10??? Or what the announcers said tonite when they gushed over him? (Brett Musberger is a guy who prances around in women's underwear, so don't listen to anything he says - he gushes over a lot of guys.)

How many games have you seen Luck play? (I know it's not more than 3 or 4). What was he feeling that can't be taught when he threw that INT on first and goal with 3 minutes left, down by 14 and trying to tie the game?

He'd be eaten alive in the NFL next season, if he ever got on the field.

Drafting a junior QB would be an unmitigated disaster in Buffalo because he'd be another Maybin, not physically ready for the NFL. A guy like Luck would have to carry a clipboard for 2-3 years ala Aaron Rogers. You think people here would stand for that? No way. They'd want him to start asap, and he would fail because it ain't college anymore. It's big boy football.

PTR

Drafting a junior QB would be an unmitigated disaster in Buffalo because he'd be another Maybin, not physically ready for the NFL. A guy like Luck would have to carry a clipboard for 2-3 years ala Aaron Rogers. You think people here would stand for that? No way. They'd want him to start asap, and he would fail because it ain't college anymore. It's big boy football.

PTR

He's a junior academically, Promo, but a red-shirt sophomore QB. Tonite was his 13th game at starting QB in the PAC 10, and there are some folks who have pronounced him an NFL HOFer. :wallbash:

Personally, I think we should go after that St. Joe's Collegiate Institute junior quarterback Chad Kelly, who threw for two touchdowns and ran for two scores, as SJCI pounded Canisius this weekend, 50-26 - he feels the game, and is gonna be a stud in the NFL (after he finishes high school and college, that is) :rolleyes:

Edited by The Senator

And you're basing that opinion on what? His one year of experience in the PAC 10??? Or what the announcers said tonite when they gushed over him? (Brett Musberger is a guy who prances around in women's underwear, so don't listen to anything he says - he gushes over a lot of guys.)

How many games have you seen Luck play? (I know it's not more than 3 or 4). What was he feeling that can't be taught when he threw that INT on first and goal with 3 minutes left, down by 14 and trying to tie the game?

I understand what you're saying. All the praise that this kid gets, and what has he accomplished? Not much. But he definitely 'looks' like a gamer. I have sen the last 3 stanford games. I saw about 4 last year. I live in Las Vegas and most of their games are televised. I don't breakdown his game film. Not to I study his mechanics. I just watch him play. And it looks to me, like he understands the QB position better than all of the other QB's in college, and some in the NFL. Plus he has the athleticism, arm strength and touch to succeed in the nfl. Sure he makes some bad play. Everyone does. That's just my humble opinion. You're entitled to your own. If we go with Chad Kelly, I sure hope you're right. I'd take my chance with Luck if he's on the board when we are on the clock.

Go Fitzy!!!

I understand what you're saying. All the praise that this kid gets, and what has he accomplished? Not much. But he definitely 'looks' like a gamer. I have sen the last 3 stanford games. I saw about 4 last year. I live in Las Vegas and most of their games are televised. I don't breakdown his game film. Not to I study his mechanics. I just watch him play. And it looks to me, like he understands the QB position better than all of the other QB's in college, and some in the NFL. Plus he has the athleticism, arm strength and touch to succeed in the nfl. Sure he makes some bad play. Everyone does. That's just my humble opinion. You're entitled to your own. If we go with Chad Kelly, I sure hope you're right. I'd take my chance with Luck if he's on the board when we are on the clock.

Go Fitzy!!!

Buddy Nix won't. He's on record regarding what he looks for in a college QB; at least 3 years experience, 30-35 starts, and lots of BIG game experience. Luck meets none of those criteria. But I'm sure he has a bright future - he's got size, smarts, athleticism, and comes from a great football pedigree. He just needs more experience - and I'm sure he knows that.

Buddy Nix won't. He's on record regarding what he looks for in a college QB; at least 3 years experience, 30-35 starts, and lots of BIG game experience. Luck meets none of those criteria. But I'm sure he has a bright future - he's got size, smarts, athleticism, and comes from a great football pedigree. He just needs more experience - and I'm sure he knows that.

I'm not so sire the decision would be left solely in nixs hands. But you're rationale makes sense

I'm not so sire the decision would be left solely in nixs hands. But you're rationale makes sense

Nix will get input from multiple scouting and coaching staff, but trust me - unless the decision is made on anything but a players ability to succeed in the NFL, the final decision will be entirely Nix's...

After a successful college football coaching career with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Mocs, which included the recruitment of Terrell Owens, Nix was a regional scout under John Butler from 1993 to 2000 for the Buffalo Bills, specializing in the southeast.

Nix left Buffalo with John Butler and A. J. Smith after the 2000 season. He was initially the Director of Pro Player Personnel (2000–2001), but after Butler died, Smith was promoted to General Manager, and Nix to Assistant General Manager.

Nix's job with the Chargers was to oversee both pro and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft. Nix was a major reason the Chargers turned around from a losing football team to a rebuilt, winning team. In 2004, three players Nix drafted were selected to the 2005 Pro Bowl. In 2005, six players Nix drafted were selected to the 2006 Pro Bowl. In 2006, eleven players Nix drafted were selected to the 2007 Pro Bowl. In 2007, eight players Nix drafted were selected to the 2008 Pro Bowl. The Chargers won four out of the last five AFC West titles with Nix as Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel, in charge of college scouting and instrumental to the decision making process of their NFL drafts.

Nix was hired as a National Scout for the Buffalo Bills on January 26, 2009. He was named General Manager of the Buffalo Bills on December 31, 2009, after Russ Brandon was promoted to CEO.

Excellent rebuttal. I am getting the sense that Bills Nation is just repeating the opinion of ESPN commentators, and then passing them off as their own.

Here's the real reality: Locker, Luck, and Mallett all have good-to-great physical tools and understand how to operate under center, but possess questionable accuracy and decision-making skills.

Luck had a strong first half, but fell off the radar in the second half.

Edited by Teddy_Daniels

LoL, I am sticking with Fitzpatrick and Brohm. :thumbsup:

And they may very well be the best choice, based on how Brohm plays, at what position the Bills draft, and who's 'on the board' at that time - but I doubt Nix will have your # on speed dial come draft day! B-)

I do hope the Bills blow the Jets outa the stadium today - maybe there'll be an opportunity to have Brohm run a series or two.