Gailey OLine shuffling in game...never have seen it done to this exten

Big Turk

I haven't seen anything about this, but I find this incredibly strange. For the most part, the OLine plays together every snap on virtually every team, unless a player is injured or taken out because he is ineffective. However, Gailey has seemingly been switching things up quite a bit with no rhyme or reason. Cordero Howard in for Wood, Bell taken out, Green taken out(well, this could be for cause---he is god awful). Almost seems like he is holding mini-audtions for the OLine each game to see who can actually play and who can't for future reference. I guess it isn't too bad of an idea...not like we are going to go 13-0 from this point forward and win the division, but I just thought it was kind of strange how this keeps happening when virtually no other teams do it...

this entire season is nothing more than an evaluation period. we'll see multiple lineup changes, even in-game.

we also havent seen the last of the in-season cuts.

ive said it countless times: he inherited a pile of crap, and now they are seeing which turds float and which sink.

you are dead on when you say:

Almost seems like he is holding mini-audtions for the OLine each game to see who can actually play and who can't for future reference.

and that can be applied to EVERY position on the team

I haven't seen anything about this, but I find this incredibly strange. For the most part, the OLine plays together every snap on virtually every team, unless a player is injured or taken out because he is ineffective. However, Gailey has seemingly been switching things up quite a bit with no rhyme or reason. Cordero Howard in for Wood, Bell taken out, Green taken out(well, this could be for cause---he is god awful). Almost seems like he is holding mini-audtions for the OLine each game to see who can actually play and who can't for future reference. I guess it isn't too bad of an idea...not like we are going to go 13-0 from this point forward and win the division, but I just thought it was kind of strange how this keeps happening when virtually no other teams do it...

No other teams are on a 16 week tryout year. Also, I think some of it (i.e. Wood/Bell) are because the two of them are coming off pretty bad injuries.

I think it is a great idea, and hopefully he starts doing it with Maybin/Carrington/Moats/Troupe so that we know what we have and what we need by the end of the year.

No other teams are on a 16 week tryout year. Also, I think some of it (i.e. Wood/Bell) are because the two of them are coming off pretty bad injuries.

I think it is a great idea, and hopefully he starts doing it with Maybin/Carrington/Moats/Troupe so that we know what we have and what we need by the end of the year.

good point. Nix mentioned in his MMQB Club PC after week 1 that neither of those guys could play a whole game yet.

good point. Nix mentioned in his MMQB Club PC after week 1 that neither of those guys could play a whole game yet.

Yep. I suspect that this is the main reason, but certainly to get some looks at other players is a reasonable assumption.

IIRC Nix also said that Bell played more snaps than he was originally scheduled to and was doing well.

This is !@#$ing classic Bills fan mentality.

This has been addressed, and the reason is even given here in this thread, and it is STILL a conspiracy theory!!

When the reason is in black and white in front of your face, you just blow by it, to race to the conspiracy. !@#$ing epic.

Also, I think some of it (i.e. Wood/Bell) are because the two of them are coming off pretty bad injuries.

This. Gailey's said a few weeks ago he's be working Bell and Wood up going into the early season - both are not 100%.

And yes, Green just sucks and they're trying anything there.

I've seen the rotating offensive linemen before. It's not new. The Bills aren't the only team that does it. The days of an OL playing every snap in every series is long over.

It's very common to see it in college ball.

Keeps the players fresh, so they aren't running on fumes in the 4th quarter.

Yeah, I really noticed this in the Patriots game.

I saw where Cordaro Howard even came in to play for Green at RT on a couple of plays- but he was so embarrassed on a pass rush I don't think we'll be seeing him there again anytime soon.

Urbik came in at LG for a couple of plays...

On the one hand, it is a sort of confirmation that we are not going anywhere this season, and the staff is aware of it. Similar to releasing Trent. Or the talks of trading Marshawn.

This team is being built from the ground up, and no one is safe.

I like it.

Now if we could only find a way to lose Modrak....

this entire season is nothing more than an evaluation period. we'll see multiple lineup changes, even in-game.

we also havent seen the last of the in-season cuts.

ive said it countless times: he inherited a pile of crap, and now they are seeing which turds float and which sink.

you are dead on when you say:

and that can be applied to EVERY position on the team

Your right on, my friend, when you imply that this is an auditioning period. We ain't going no where this year, at least for the first half to 3/4 of the season, until Gailey can figure out just who belongs and who doesn't. This is most certainly a rebuilding year and most of the posters on this board need to realize that.

I believe he is trying to give Wood and Bell a break because of their recent injuries. At the beginning of the season he said he would do that.Green maybe to coach him. TL

Who deserves to play ?...play them all find out what you have

this is Year One of the 20 year rebuilding plan. They should be competitive in year 25 then win in Year 30

NO- it's year one. This is Nix and Gailey's first year. Everyone wanted Jauron and Guy out. Congratulations, you get to start over again and they get five years.