Doug Whaley

There is a new three headed monster at OBD. I'm starting to see more and more evidence that Nix, Whaley & Gailey (wow that sounds like a law firm) went to Ralph and said "we can build you a winner but it's going to take time and 2010 isn't going to be pretty". Wilson and Nix both made comments during the offseason that indicated that there would be massive roster evaluations and that it would be a long year. I believe Ralph said something about the fans keeping their hopes realistic and Nix said something about not expecting miracles. I sincerely believe that Nix and Whaley know what they've got and are content with a long term plan to fix it.

If 2010 is truly the first year of a massive rebuild/restructure then I'm ok with a crappy season. I'd rather come out of this year knowing that 30 of the guys on the Bills roster are legitimate starters than continue to go through ****ty season after ****ty season. Simon was talking about this earlier and Jeremy suggested that maybe the 2010 season is just one giant preseason?

If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see more dramatic changes. Obscure players who didn't see the field like Roscoe get elevated and "names" like Hardy, Edwards and others get shown the door.

One thing is certain, it's going to be an interesting year.

If 2010 is truly the first year of a massive rebuild/restructure then I'm ok with a crappy season. I'd rather come out of this year knowing that 30 of the guys on the Bills roster are legitimate starters than continue to go through ****ty season after ****ty season. Simon was talking about this earlier and Jeremy suggested that maybe the 2010 season is just one giant preseason?

I like the thought, but your math is a little off. 30 legitimate starters = super bowl. Remember, there are only 24 starting positions (including kicker and punter.)

There is a new three headed monster at OBD. I'm starting to see more and more evidence that Nix, Whaley & Gailey (wow that sounds like a law firm) went to Ralph and said "we can build you a winner but it's going to take time and 2010 isn't going to be pretty". Wilson and Nix both made comments during the offseason that indicated that there would be massive roster evaluations and that it would be a long year. I believe Ralph said something about the fans keeping their hopes realistic and Nix said something about not expecting miracles. I sincerely believe that Nix and Whaley know what they've got and are content with a long term plan to fix it.

If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see more dramatic changes. Obscure players who didn't see the field like Roscoe get elevated and "names" like Hardy, Edwards and others get shown the door.

One thing is certain, it's going to be an interesting year.

I hope you're right.

you gotta tear it down to build it back up

7-9 every year will just keep you mediocre.

How much better would we all feel w/ Sam Bradford at QB?

In the grand scheme of things we wouldn't feel any better Bills nation would find something about him to complain about !!!!!!

I think the OP is right in a lot of regards. Save the 30 starters things. If you could find 8 starters on both sides of the ball right now, i would be happy.

I also like how they did the Trent situation. He looked good in preseason and practice, but when the lights went on, he just did not have it. Now we as bills fans say, we already knew that. But Chan and Nix wanted to give him a chance. Once they saw all they needed to see, they cut him. Made a clear decision. Not letting him stick around and maybe play a game here or there.

As it stands Nix, Whaley, and Chan know they need a QB. They Know they need some Tackle help. Nix pretty clearly stated this in his presser after the Miami game.

On D The Bills have to find some LB help. Troup could be the NT of the future, but like most rookie DL he is haveing to learn and build strength.

The DE are not solid. The secondary is the most solid unit.

If what you said is true, and i think the actions of management are showing it to be. Then yes this year wont be pretty. But if it is the first REAL step into getting back to being a relevant team, i am for it. This next offseason is the critical one.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I wish Whaley was the GM. I think he'd do a much better job than what's currently going on here. How much of a say/influence do you think he really has here??? I think he knows how to build a team. Give him the Keys and let him do the job.

I wish Whaley was the GM. I think he'd do a much better job than what's currently going on here. How much of a say/influence do you think he really has here??? I think he knows how to build a team. Give him the Keys and let him do the job.

Probably a good amount. He is the Assistant General Manager after all.

Only if you need it to be.

Not really. It's just how logic works. When there is a contradiction, then either one premise is false or the other one is.

Not true. All depends on one's definition of how long "not far away" is.

Having listened to Buddy's PC a couple times, I'm pretty sure he wasn't saying "we're not that far away" as some sort of bait and switch sales job and that he really meant "it's going to be years and years". He point blank said he felt that there was talent on the team and implied that it was misused and poorly coached. Now, certainly, he may have changed his mind at this point, and a few people may be changing their minds about him as well...

Any faith I have in the new FO & HC will go out the window if Kelsay is signed to the rumored 24 mil extension.

The lack of playmakers in the defensive front 7 is mind boggling. :angry:

I agree.

This does not Jibe with resigning Kelsey.

Also, there seems to be a reluctance to play the kids.

Moats, Carrington. I assume they're waiting for us to be 2-7 before adding more youth to the starting line-up.

There is a new three headed monster at OBD.

The more things change, the more they remain the same. The three headed monster running the show is half the inner-circle plus 1: RW, Littman, and Overdorf (Senior VP of Football Operations). Whaley knows that cutting the former starter at this juncture is short-sighted and rash.