Trent or JP

Let's be honest, they are both terrible QB's. But let's break it down scientifically now that they are both gone. I'll start with one topic and everyone can add on.

Better Hair/Facial hair:

JP kept it clean most of his career but when he was put on the bench for good he went into total Jihad mode. The beard and long hair made him look like a homeless Zohan. So much so that I saw him at Mother's once and dropped a quarter in his Vodka and Tonic.

Trent's recent hair debacle looked as confused as he did trying to read a defense. No focus and all over the place. However, if he completes those chops into a full blown beard he looks like one of the Geico Caveman and takes the advantage but in true Trent form, he pusses out and checks down to this Elvis-y/Beeber look.

Advantage: JP Losman (NFL film guy's voice). The "Don't mess with Zohan" look was focused and it said something. He was protesting his benching and that hair/beard combo had "where's the bread-line" written all over it.

This isn't even close to me...

Long Ball:

JP - Threw it up a few times a game, sometimes got picked off, but also hit some bombs to Lee as well.

TE - Still not sure he has the arm strength to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage.

If nothing else watching JP was FAR more entertaining.

Oh man. They were both so bad. I'll take pre-Adrian Wilson Edwards over Losman. But Losman over post-Adrian Wilson Edwards. Losman held on to the ball too long and danced like Michael Jackson in the pocket. But he was often able to make something out of nothing. Edwards couldn't and wouldn't wing it like JP.

Yeah, tie.

Oh man. They were both so bad. I'll take pre-Adrian Wilson Edwards over Losman. But Losman over post-Adrian Wilson Edwards. Losman held on to the ball too long and danced like Michael Jackson in the pocket. But he was often able to make something out of nothing. Edwards couldn't and wouldn't wing it like JP.

Yeah, tie.

I was at that game..... It was bad... As soon as he got hit before Wilson even got off of him I looked to my wife and said there goes our QB... And i was right..

It's kinda funny because they were opposites. I prefer JP because occasionally he would wing it downfield and connect. At least he had ONE throw. Trent, dare I say it, managed the game better (not that he was so good at it, but JP was nowhere).

JP was more interesting too. I wanted to like him, Trent just seems bland.

Let's just be happy they are both gone.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Trent was better:

Trent: 14-18 as starter

JP: 10-23 as starter

plus the Losman Lickers were the biggest assclowns on the board by far. ;)

Fitting that Edwards averaged 7-9 over two seasons' worth of starts. He truly was Jauron's QB.

When TE started his undefeated romp 2 seasons ago his hair was thick a sculpted with appropriate body and aggressive spikes like a fierce porcupine. Sharp and accurate, as he seemed to be. After Adrian Wilson broke his head the hair began to grow in length and mass in what I believe was a feeble attempt to provide additional protection from further cranial contusions. Perhaps he was confused and thought Giselle wouldn't let him cut his hair. After that, the moppy mutton chop look was just another sign that the fear had not subsided and another year or two of this sport would leave him with a chin strap shaped beard, disregarding all of the style his spiky doo once boasted.

JP's I don't give a @$@$ Manson beard was a bold play. I really believe had he not gone that route and instead went for the short curly Israeli Fro, he would have easily been cast as Adam Sandler's double in the longest yard remake. If only he hadn't bought in to the "it's hard to grow a beard in the league mantra and set out to prove otherwise" I guess every Californian who has to adapt to the Buffalo climate gradually experiments with increased facial hair.

Gibran Hamdan stands out above both as the best hair and sideburn balance without excessive product use.

Keep an eye on Fitzy… If he starts up a soul patch you'll know it's the beginning of the end.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood