TOP 20 smartest athletes in all of sports

papazoid

They mention there that he broke 300 yards passing on his first start so here's hoping that can come true for us. We haven't seen a 300 yard game through the air in I don't know how long but..too long. I have to admit, I wanted to see what Brohm has the capability of but evidently that isn't going to happen. We already know what fitzy has to offer so why are we giving it back to him since this season is looking like a 2-3 win season anyways even with fitz in? I just hope that gailey gives Brohm an in game opportunity to play eventually. IMO he's got the potential to surpass Fitzy. As for Trent, Gailey should have known you can't put a shine on a turd and he'll be working a blue collar job in a year from now with stories of being an NFL starter. I think next year's draft is going to be probably the most important draft in Bills history. I hope the scouting team does their job. Locker looks very much overhyped. The way he has come off this year, i wouldn't draft him until the 3rd round but he may turn it around who knows.

Playing any sport to a level that gains national recognition requires a lot of time, effort, discipline, and ability.

Having said that, I'm surprised at how quick this list dropped off. The list goes pretty quickly from Rhodes scholars and ability test geniuses to Peyton Manning's 1030 SATs with a major in communications, or Grant Hill who is simply described as graduating from Duke with a major in history.

Did they not dig that hard to put the list together? Is it biased toward known names to try to get reader interest? Are there really only four athletes worth naming who scored above a 1400 (very doubtful)?

This list makes me feel smart. Bad at sports, but smart.

Playing any sport to a level that gains national recognition requires a lot of time, effort, discipline, and ability.

Having said that, I'm surprised at how quick this list dropped off. The list goes pretty quickly from Rhodes scholars and ability test geniuses to Peyton Manning's 1030 SATs with a major in communications, or Grant Hill who is simply described as graduating from Duke with a major in history.

Did they not dig that hard to put the list together? Is it biased toward known names to try to get reader interest? Are there really only four athletes worth naming who scored above a 1400 (very doubtful)?

This list makes me feel smart. Bad at sports, but smart.

Good points.

Seems the main criteria for the top 10 is a diploma from an Ivy League school. And how about Rolle at #2? "Exercise Science" is not a premed major.

1000 was average when Manning took the SATs, right? So he's still a 'smart' guy, just not that far above average - or really, it's only the median of people who take the SATs, which is probably a smarter group that the set that don't take the test (ACTers, who are equal, plus dropouts, etc.).

I don't think schools have a "Pre-Med" major anymore.

Correct.

And Exercise Science is a legit sports medicine track and probably an excellent major for a student looking to go to med school.

I'm actually working on going to med school and all they require is Biolgy I and II, Chemistry I and II, Physics I and II and Organic I and II. Calc is not even a requirement anymore, I still took it thought.

Microbiology, Genetics, Statistics, Histology and A&P are all recommendations but not requirements.

They mention there that he broke 300 yards passing on his first start so here's hoping that can come true for us. We haven't seen a 300 yard game through the air in I don't know how long but..too long. I have to admit, I wanted to see what Brohm has the capability of but evidently that isn't going to happen. We already know what fitzy has to offer so why are we giving it back to him since this season is looking like a 2-3 win season anyways even with fitz in? I just hope that gailey gives Brohm an in game opportunity to play eventually. IMO he's got the potential to surpass Fitzy. As for Trent, Gailey should have known you can't put a shine on a turd and he'll be working a blue collar job in a year from now with stories of being an NFL starter. I think next year's draft is going to be probably the most important draft in Bills history. I hope the scouting team does their job. Locker looks very much overhyped. The way he has come off this year, i wouldn't draft him until the 3rd round but he may turn it around who knows.

Look, I know our QBs have been terrible. But this whole 300 yard think is a total crock. Fitz had 297 agaisnt the Jags last year and had a 50 yard td called back. Why is 3 more yards such a big deal?

And say what you want to about Fitz and Jauron, but their resumes are better than 99.9% of the population. They won't ever face a recession.