Belichick on Lynch (and Spiller, Fitz)

VA Bills Fan

I think BB is right. Lynch is the best all around back on our team. He is a strong runner and should be the feature back. Fred and CJ should be backing him up and play on 3rd and long and multi-back sets.

I realize Lynch is a thug. I don't care. He is the best RB on our team and until he gets himself suspended again, he should be our #1 back.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::thumbsup::worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go get the papers. Get the papers.

Johnny Two Times!!--Nice!

Anyway, what did you guys think BB was going to say?

Maybe....maybe he is propping up Lynch so Gailey will "feature" him Sunday, and the Pats will treat ML to another 60 yard/2.3 ypc performance.

No doubt Lynch is a tough runner, but Jackson is the best RB on this team. The guy showed what he could do Sunday coming in cold, and with only a few opportunities. He in my opinion for the second game in a row, is getting disrespected and dissed by Gailey.

I think Lynch has the higher ceiling. Jackson does most things well, but he's never going to kill you. It's nice to have them both. That being said, if they don't start getting the kid involved, why the hell did they draft him?

If you skipped every Bills game for the past 9 years and only read Belichick interviews, you would think the Bills were one of the greatest teams of all time. He's a master at creating anti-bulletin board material.

Belichick does that with every team. He can make the Bills, Browns, & Chiefs all look like the defending Superbowl champs. It's all part of his ruse.

I agree Fred is our best back now. Feed Fred. He should get 15 carries off hand offs and another 8 - 10 in the WildBill on Sunday.

Feed Fred.

I've got a gut feeling he'll be the man this week. The numbers don't blow you away, but it seems like he's had good games against the Patriots* lately.

Agreed, Fred won this job last year and proved himself. He will be getting the majority of the carries. Lynch was just being showcased as trade bait. Although, he does have great talent, he needs to work on finding the holes.

That's so far from the truth.

Johnny Two Times!!--Nice!

Anyway, what did you guys think BB was going to say?

Maybe....maybe he is propping up Lynch so Gailey will "feature" him Sunday, and the Pats will treat ML to another 60 yard/2.3 ypc performance.

17 carriers for 64 yards with NO Oline and you're mocking his performance?? And it's 3.8 ypc --

I think BB is right. Lynch is the best all around back on our team. He is a strong runner and should be the feature back. Fred and CJ should be backing him up and play on 3rd and long and multi-back sets.

I realize Lynch is a thug. I don't care. He is the best RB on our team and until he gets himself suspended again, he should be our #1 back.

Nice so the most explosive back we have should be a backup to an underperforming, dancing behind the line RB. Yeah and CJ also makes more than the other two so lets keep our most expensive back on the bench. Typical buffalo bills thinking.

Nice so the most explosive back we have should be a backup to an underperforming, dancing behind the line RB. Yeah and CJ also makes more than the other two so lets keep our most expensive back on the bench. Typical buffalo bills thinking.

CJ is not an everydown back and he is clearly not ready to play in the NFL yet. How can you define 6 carries for 7 yards as explosive?

And playing him because he makes the most money is also idiotic. Just because he is overpaid, doesn't mean he should play. Just ask Fat Albert Haynesworth.

I know he was all too kind to us during his press conference, but I love what he has to say about Lynch. I wish more people on TSW would begin to see what he sees -- if we lose him he'll be scoring TD's in the playoffs in no time...

What's Bellicheat going to say? Lynch sucks? This is a 3 time SB winning Coach...He understands how to work this situation...He's done it a million times...He's not going to give the Bills anything to get all excited about...

As far as the people on TSW...I'm most definitely one of the people who want to see Lynch gone...But it's not because he sucks...I think most folks would agree Lynch definitely has some ability as an NFL RB...I'm quite sure he can be VERY successful for some other Team...But the Bills Drafted a RB at #9 Overall, AND they have another RB not named Marshawn Lynch who gained 1000 yds. last Season...I really don't give a rats behind what anybody says about the situation (ie. Gailey and Nix), the backfield is TOO FULL...Somebody has to go and Lynch is obviously the most likely because outside of Spiller he will bring the most value in return...It's really that simple...And I think despite your wishes for us to see, most folks who want to move Lynch see things VERY clearly... B-)

Hey Bill Bellyache, Trent (34) has played 5 more NFL games than Fitz (29). Trent's more experienced. In case anyone was wondering if he's talking out his whazzoo or not.

He doesn't give a crap, man...until we can line up and smack them in the mouth, he's going to continue blowing sunshine up our players' asses with a straight face while on the inside laughing his arse off. :wallbash:

I know he was all too kind to us during his press conference, but I love what he has to say about Lynch. I wish more people on TSW would begin to see what he sees -- if we lose him he'll be scoring TD's in the playoffs in no time...

-------------------------------

Q: What's the difference in your eyes between what C.J. Spiller and Marshawn Lynch can do?

BB: They're both very good, explosive guys that can take the ball the distance. I'd say, Lynch really can play on all downs and all situations. I don't really see anything he can't do and do well – run inside, run outside. [He] runs around and through tacklers. [He] catches the ball well. I'd say Spiller is more of a space player. He's better out in the open field. He's real good out in the open field returning, screens, draws, loose plays and things like that. He's very fast, very dangerous, very elusive. Lynch is a powerful guy. You see him breaking tackles by defensive lineman, running through them, not just DBs. He runs through a lot of tackles on everybody. Pound for pound he's got to be one of the strongest players in the league with good balance.

(nothing too surprising on Fitz)

Q: Do they look different with Ryan Fitzpatrick in there at quarterback?

BB: Yeah, he's a little different player. He's a little different player. [He's] a strong-armed guy, [can] get the ball down the field. [He has] a little more experience. He's been in a couple different systems. [He's a] smart guy, handles himself well. He's a good quarterback. We had a hard time with him last year there.

If you want a pearl of wisdom from Belichick don't look for direct comments about the Bills organization.

A year or so ago he basically stated in an interview that in order to be bad in the NFL you need to make a mistake in practically every move you make. Or as Jauron might phrase it "it's hard to lose every year in the NFL".

That's the Bills. If their fail rate was just 50% they would have had some success in the past decade.

They literally could have used Kiper's draft guide and done better in the personnel department. They could have done better with coaches if they had just used the famous TSW "I've heard of him he must be good" mantra.

On the plus side, it's not like they are making lots of new mistakes, just repeating the same ones over and over.

What's Bellicheat going to say? Lynch sucks? This is a 3 time SB winning Coach...He understands how to work this situation...He's done it a million times...He's not going to give the Bills anything to get all excited about...

As far as the people on TSW...I'm most definitely one of the people who want to see Lynch gone...But it's not because he sucks...I think most folks would agree Lynch definitely has some ability as an NFL RB...I'm quite sure he can be VERY successful for some other Team...But the Bills Drafted a RB at #9 Overall, AND they have another RB not named Marshawn Lynch who gained 1000 yds. last Season...I really don't give a rats behind what anybody says about the situation (ie. Gailey and Nix), the backfield is TOO FULL...Somebody has to go and Lynch is obviously the most likely because outside of Spiller he will bring the most value in return...It's really that simple...And I think despite your wishes for us to see, most folks who want to move Lynch see things VERY clearly... B-)

Bottom line: we're not going to the Super Bowl this year -- we are rebuilding. You even admit that ML would be VERY successful somewhere else. CJ is not a future every down RB. Fred had a 1000 yard season (thanks to the last game padding - hate to take away from him but making a point), and ML had 2! before that and is only 24 years old. Get rid of Marshawn, and next year will be Freddie's last year, then what? CJ can't do it alone back there, he's not that kind of back. Marshawn and Spiller need to be our Pierre Thomas/Reggie Bush.

Moving Lynch, especially for 3rd round pick or worse, MAKES NO SENSE.

Not really. He insulted our OL back in the mid-2000's. Said they were a joke, and they were, and they still are not any better today.

He didn't say that for attribution, he was quoted in an article, or book say Buffalo had a "horsesh*t" line. This of course was entirely accurate. I do loathe the man but he knows the game and is a great coach. Not that Brady doesn't make you a great coach, but on the merits, BB is one of the best. His big worry this week is that his team just can't get worked up to steamroll us. That and Donte may go off the deep end when the Pats laugh at us again in the 4th quarter........

If you skipped every Bills game for the past 9 years and only read Belichick interviews, you would think the Bills were one of the greatest teams of all time. He's a master at creating anti-bulletin board material.

I really think there's an informal contest in the Pats locker room to see who fluffs up the Buffalo Bills the best. Bellichek always does this then at least one of his players tries to top him.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/09/wilfork_bills_r.html

They must do an awful lot of laughing even before Donte hears it during the game.

-------------------------------

Q: What's the difference in your eyes between what C.J. Spiller and Marshawn Lynch can do?

BB: They're both very good, explosive guys that can take the ball the distance. I'd say, Lynch really can play on all downs and all situations. I don't really see anything he can't do and do well – run inside, run outside. [He] runs around and through tacklers. [He] catches the ball well. I'd say Spiller is more of a space player. He's better out in the open field. He's real good out in the open field returning, screens, draws, loose plays and things like that. He's very fast, very dangerous, very elusive. Lynch is a powerful guy. You see him breaking tackles by defensive lineman, running through them, not just DBs. He runs through a lot of tackles on everybody. Pound for pound he's got to be one of the strongest players in the league with good balance.

(nothing too surprising on Fitz)

Q: Do they look different with Ryan Fitzpatrick in there at quarterback?

BB: Yeah, he's a little different player. He's a little different player. [He's] a strong-armed guy, [can] get the ball down the field. [He has] a little more experience. He's been in a couple different systems. [He's a] smart guy, handles himself well. He's a good quarterback. We had a hard time with him last year there.

Lynch does not catch the ball well.