Belichick on Lynch (and Spiller, Fitz)

VA Bills Fan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Lynch is a tough runner, but Jackson is the best RB on this team. The guy showed what he could do Sunday coming in cold, and with only a few opportunities. He in my opinion for the second game in a row, is getting disrespected and dissed by Gailey.

I think what's good about Bellicheck's comments are that folks get to see how players are viewed from a person in the profession vs. what we as fans see. Fred is good, but I have said it before and will say it now

Marshawn Lynch has so much more upside it's not even close.

RIght now, Fred is the best back on this team. Marshawn is strong and has has all the attributes but c'mon....he still has this awful habit of getting into open space and slowing down, looking for that side to side juke. If he would just run all out, straightforward and not worry so much about deeking out faster NFL players, he would be much better.

I think what's good about Bellicheck's comments are that folks get to see how players are viewed from a person in the profession vs. what we as fans see. Fred is good, but I have said it before and will say it now

Marshawn Lynch has so much more upside it's not even close.

Upside or not, Fred is the better back at finding the hole and hitting it. The only thing Lynch has on Jackson is he's younger, if you call that upside fine. Like I said, Lynch is a tough runner, and a sun of a gun to take down. Neither posses break a way speed, so all things considered I want the back that makes the best decisions.

Bottom line: we're not going to the Super Bowl this year -- we are rebuilding. You even admit that ML would be VERY successful somewhere else. CJ is not a future every down RB. Fred had a 1000 yard season (thanks to the last game padding - hate to take away from him but making a point), and ML had 2! before that and is only 24 years old. Get rid of Marshawn, and next year will be Freddie's last year, then what? CJ can't do it alone back there, he's not that kind of back. Marshawn and Spiller need to be our Pierre Thomas/Reggie Bush.

Moving Lynch, especially for 3rd round pick or worse, MAKES NO SENSE.

Makes no sense to who? You, Gailey and Nix?

Freddie and CJ can be our Bush and Thomas just as easily...Freddie did not need that last Game against Indy for me to know he's a better back than Lynch overall...And again that is no knock on Lynch...But somebody's got to go and Freddie's never run anyone over or been suspended either...Just saying...

Holding on to three RB's while we lack talent and depth in so many other areas is further proof of why the Bills are exactly where they are...I'm guessing some folks still can't see it...I'm sure they'll be lined up to buy more tickets when we Draft another RB in the 1st round next year... B-)

Fred is the best RB we got right now because when he runs up the middle he usually is able to find a crease to hit and then drag a few guys for what turns out to be a 6+ yard gain. If there is no obvious hole, ML will try to juke around and stutter step and ends with a 2 yard loss. CJ? Don't know yet.

Therefore I say, we give Fred a lot of carries til further notice. Worry about next year next year.

Feed Fred !!