Edwards Benched

5 Wide

too soon

i would have given trent the first four games. and especially watching how piss ass poor our whole blocking scheme has been i ABSOLUTELY would have given him another game or two. not that trent hasnt been crappy but its just not fair to expect any hof qb ever to function behind what it honestly one of the worst oline performances i have EVER seen

hopefully this means gaily is convinced trent is washed up. i only say hopefully cuz if thats the case then better to just move on now rather than later. i would prefer trent be serviceable, and i dont see how we could make that determination yet behind this and last seasons horrendously poor oline/blocking schemes, but if thats what they think is going on then fine i will give them the benefit of the doubt

i just hope fitz doesnt do well enough to get us to six or seven wins - and out of the top five or so on draft day

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

too soon

i would have given trent the first four games. and especially watching how piss ass poor our whole blocking scheme has been i ABSOLUTELY would have given him another game or two. not that trent hasnt been crappy but its just not fair to expect any hof qb ever to function behind what it honestly one of the worst oline performances i have EVER seen

hopefully this means gaily is convinced trent is washed up. i only say hopefully cuz if thats the case then better to just move on now rather than later. i would prefer trent be serviceable, and i dont see how we could make that determination yet behind this and last seasons horrendously poor oline/blocking schemes, but if thats what they think is going on then fine i will give them the benefit of the doubt

i just hope fitz doesnt do well enough to get us to six or seven wins - and out of the top five or so on draft day

Not soon enough. Fitz can scramble and a scrambling QB can make a bad line look pretty good.

I see it all the time. :)

Oh, and sometimes it goes badly and I hear the color man start blasting the QB for making a "bad decision". Like the QB has fly by wire to guide the ball when the receiver has a brain cramp and does the exact opposite of what he was supposed to do... B-)

If I'm remembering the play correctly - I think the WR could have headed to the sidelines (away from additional coverage) and been open for at least an attempted throw. Looked to me like there was enough room there and then up the sideline because the safety was around the hash.

It does speak volumes that Trent couldn't find anywhere to throw the ball - across the field, anywhere - almost like he accepted defeat.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

If I'm remembering the play correctly - I think the WR could have headed to the sidelines (away from additional coverage) and been open for at least an attempted throw. Looked to me like there was enough room there and then up the sideline because the safety was around the hash.

It does speak volumes that Trent couldn't find anywhere to throw the ball - across the field, anywhere - almost like he accepted defeat.

Sorry for the confusion. My bad. Wasn't a reference to the Bills game blow-out.

First of all, I'd like to say- where's Darth? I thought he's be all over this.

Hopefully Fitz will be benched by the bye week and then the rest of the season can be Brohm. If that does not work, then we can get a whole new stable next year......

This is my wish as well. But I do think Brohm will be good. just my opinion. If only we didn't have to go through all this crap to get there.

This makes me ecstatic, glad to hear it...

Now I wonder how long it will take before we hear Fitz sucks..

You'll hear it before the day is over, I'm sure. :flirt:

This isn't just about the last two games. It's the final flush of a career that's been circling the drain for awhile now. And it's better done now than later. I think Chan knows that at least Fitz is a fighter, and Trent will never be one.

Edited by Bleed Bills Blue

If nothing else it'll be interesting to see how the O functions with a new QB under center.

I've supported Trent (in fact I support all the QBs on the team, I wish they were all future HOFers), but man, the last two games were tough to watch. If Fitz can make a *few* throws to keep the D honest, hopefully we can get the run game going which is our real hope to win games...

It pretty funny, I rolled to Vegas yesterday and wore a Bills shirt all day. I got stopped by at least a dozen fans that all said the same thing - this team is brutal to watch.

On Sunday (maybe) we'll get some more insight into the real issue - is it the QB, the line, or the WR's never getting open.

Ok, off for another $100 Coors Light - my gambling game is like the Bills offensive game and that ain't good my friends... :D

too soon

I think this was way to soon... I think whoever is back there is going to run for there lives....

Trent running out of bounds in the fourth might have sealed his fate instead of chucking it...

This isn't just about the last two games. It's the final flush of a career that's been circling the drain for awhile now. And it's better done now than later. I think Chan knows that at least Fitz is a fighter, and Trent will never be one.

...So my question is...why keep him? If Chan has (correctly) decided that Trent isn't capable, why wouldn't we just release him and bring someone else in? Why would you keep a player on the team once you have determined that he's incapable of being successful?

...So my question is...why keep him? If Chan has (correctly) decided that Trent isn't capable, why wouldn't we just release him and bring someone else in? Why would you keep a player on the team once you have determined that he's incapable of being successful?

They could have him on trade wire...just to see for a bit...i doubt theyll get anything but its worth looking...plus Brohm is running the scout team right now, he hasnt been preparing yet for actual games. Fitzy is more ready to play anyway...no need to tank the season yet