TRENT OUT.......FITZ IN!!!!!!!

sven233

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are some that actually are in love with the whole brohm idea.. I personally agree with brohm being the starter right now just because he is the only qb left that we don't know anything about.. we know trent is tentative edwards and we know that fitz is a career backup with nothing better in sight

brohm might suck worse than both of them but if he does we have at least completely exhausted any idea of a servicable qb being on our team and we will be forced to draft/trade

Personally i think we should trade for vick right now.. we have no other better option.. yea i know he did some stuff with dogs(don't even bring that up as an argument against it's dumb) I know he was not an elite qb in his prime and he's probably never going to be but we haven't even had average on this team since bledsoe or flutie

First two paragraphs make sense. Last comment about Vick stopped making any sense when Kolb got hurt - sorry, we're not getting Vick.

It still bothers me that Chan Gailey needed to see 2 additional games of Trent Edwards before realizing what most of us have known for a while. Were there no available tapes of Bills games from the last 3 years?

Maybe he thought he could fix him, but finally gave up.

First off. I'd like to know why everyone is sooooo in love with Brohm?? He hasn't really shown anything.

Personally I'm not that high on him but we allready know that Edwards and/or Fitz are not going to cut it, so I'd rather start the QB that still has an upside and invest in him then waste time with duo-mediocrity.

GOOD!!!!!!

I don't think it will matter in terms of the outcome, but THANK GOD I don't have to watch Edwards again this week. At least it makes this week interesting.

I would prefer Brohm because he is the only guy we don't know about completely, but this is a start. Maybe Brohm will get his chance in a few weeks. But this is a great start!!!!!

[This is an automated response]

This thread is in direct violation of point 1 of the new board what you can and can't talk about policy. Please delete this thread before it is physically removed from the premises. Thank you for your cooperation.

It still bothers me that Chan Gailey needed to see 2 additional games of Trent Edwards before realizing what most of us have known for a while. Were there no available tapes of Bills games from the last 3 years?

Trent looked good in training camp and in the preseason. He has more physical talent. Chan thought he had figured out how to fix Trent. He was wrong, but I won't fault him for thinking that. I actually thought he might have too.

First off. I'd like to know why everyone is sooooo in love with Brohm?? He hasn't really shown anything.

Secondly - Lord Helmet obviously is not the answer either. Hopefully we can actually win some games for us this year. No matter what, it all depends on the OL.

You answered your own question...He hasnt shown anything.. Edwards and Fitz have shown that they are bad Quarterbacks, so play the guy that you havent seen play horribly....In all honesty noone is in love with Brohm there in love with a change of pace. Brohm has shown that he can throw the Ball downfield. I thought he looked good in the preseason dropping back and going through his progressions, would of been nice if it was a real QB competition where he could have played with the starters.

This post is like saying 'HEART ATTACK OVER...FLESH EATING BACTERIA IN!!!!!!!

:wallbash:

I guess I'm the only one who thought this was depressing news.

You are not alone, timestamp.

We just went from the frying pan into the fire.

Debating the merits of starting Fitz over Edwards is like debating the merits of having gonorhea over syphillis.

"I'll take 'NEITHER' for $1000, Alex!"

This post is like saying 'HEART ATTACK OVER...FLESH EATING BACTERIA IN!!!!!!!

:wallbash:

You are not alone, timestamp.

We just went from the frying pan into the fire.

Debating the merits of starting Fitz over Edwards is like debating the merits of having gonorhea over syphillis.

"I'll take 'NEITHER' for $1000, Alex!"

You know, it's kind of a slow process for these coaches we bring in. First they think they can work with the guy who was the starter, and they want to give that some time. Eventually coach realizes that's not cutting it, and they're taking heat, so they start the backup. Then, let's see... the backup gets hurt so we're back to the original starter. He shows some "spark" once back in the saddle so coach has some renewed hope. Then he slowly flames out again, but not all at once mind you - there's some sorta decent games mixed in, just enough to give coach some hope. By about then it's near the end of the season and coach is still wondering about the backup, maybe they didn't give him enough time under center. What they don't ever seem to figure out is WE NEED an O-LINE!

At least Gailey's taking step one faster than most. Let's hope he's a quick learner with a nose for talent and has influence on draft and trade decisions.

The team responded to Fitz somewhat last year so I say screw Trent the guy just can't get it done and at least Fitz seems like he puts his heart out there on the field. He might not have the physical tools mainly the accuracy but he has mobility and passion which I will take over Trent.

All in all this season isn't looking too good but its good to make this move now then later.

Personally, I would want Brohm to play. Do I think he would win us a lot of games? Of course not. But my reasoning is simple......we already know what we have in Edwards and Fitz. We have no idea what we have in Brohm. Edwards is gone after this year and Fitz is most likely out of here as well. Brohm is the only guy we don't have a great feel of yet. Personally, I would like to get a feel of what he can and can't do when the bullets are flying for real. He may not be as good as Trent or Fitz, but at this point, I'd like to find out for sure.

But, moving Trent to the bench is a good start. Hopefully, we have seen the last of him on the field as a Buffalo Bill. Maybe Brohm gets his chance in a few weeks. I'm rooting for Fitz to do well because I want to see what we have in some of our other players, but I don't expect a drastic change. However, I do believe watching the ball go through the air (even if they are not completed) will help the games be more watchable at least. Guess we will see. The Cheatriots* are up next......not going to be easy for Fitz to come in and make somehting happen, but hey.......IT ISN'T TRENT.......you never know.