Serious question - What if the Bills leave town?

beggar13

First off they aren't moving. Second depends on who the owner is and how much he puts into the team if I keep following or not. Lastly as long as Ralph is out of the equation the BILLS will be better no matter what.

See unlike some here I love FOOTBALL. In Buffalo, not in Buffalo I won't quit rooting for football.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as it would hurt for them to leave, that almost seems like a better idea then having to put up with this team any longer. they are/have been a heartless, completley dis-interesting and un-watchable for 10 years. when i was a kid i used to look forward to sundays. now i cant bear to sit through a full game. yesterday was the very first time in my life that i stopped watching a bills game in the second quarter. i looked at the other people in the room and we all decided to watch a different game. we all as bills fans deserve better for sticking with this team in good times and bad, but the bad far outweighs the good.

I don't think they are moving, but I wouldn't leave it past Wilson to screw us one last time and sell the team to someone in LA on his deathbed. If the Bills survive in Buffalo past his death, they will be infinitely better off though. Please note that I am not wishing Wilson any ill, simply noting that he is quite old. That said, this team is terrible because our owner has no idea what he is doing anymore. A new young owner could hopefully get us a decent GM/HC who could change the losing system we have in place here.

If they did leave I think I would hate whichever team they become with a vengeance. If they go to LA they would have to realign conferences again. So I would probably root for the 4th team in the AFC east just cause I'm used to despising the Jets, Fins and Patriots.

I have pondered this question for many, many years. It seems like the answer depends on the scenario, like what if they go to Toronto VS LA, or do they keep the name and logo or start fresh? I don't think I will truly know the answer to this question until I am actually forced to have to answer it.

I have been a life long Bills fan. My old man grew up in Buffalo and my Grandparents died there. I have seen the play around 15 times in person (only twice in Buffalo). With all that being said, if they move to LA, I would like to root for the Texans. It would be perfect. They are an exciting team. It's a three and a 1/2 hour drive for me, so I could even get season tickets. There's only one problem.....

I can't make myself fall in love with them like I have loved the Bills my whole life.

If I could pay someone to brainwash me and make me forget I was ever a Bills fan and make me believe I love the Texans, I might have to seriously consider signing up for that. God, my life would be so much easier.

But I guess life being a Bills/Sabres fan isn't supposed to be easy. I wish it was. I feel like a beaten spouse who is blindly in love with a person who verbally abuses her and destroys her self worth, yet can't bring herself to leave that person.

I am rambling, I know. Bottom line. I am stuck being a fan for life (or at least until they cease to reside in Buffalo). What happens if that day ever comes? How many of you will follow them to another city? How many of you will follow another team? How many of you will just quit being a fan of any team and just do your best to enjoy fantasy football?

i got news for you brother, they are already gone. ralph killed them. the team i grew up loving is gone and totally without hope of resurrection as long as he owns them.

and clearly, even IF a purchaser surfaces after ralph's death who wants to keep the team here (i don't like the odds of that, either), we are guaranteed a bunch more of this bulcrap smallball that helped filter us to the bottom of the pile anyway. think golisano: you really think the sabres will win a cup while he is owner?

the new bargaining aggreement will tilt the balance against us even further...

it's over. hope is gone. 1-15 this year. awful forever after. do you get it yet?

i got news for you brother, they are already gone. ralph killed them. the team i grew up loving is gone and totally without hope of resurrection as long as he owns them.

and clearly, even IF a purchaser surfaces after ralph's death who wants to keep the team here (i don't like the odds of that, either), we are guaranteed a bunch more of this bulcrap smallball that helped filter us to the bottom of the pile anyway. think golisano: you really think the sabres will win a cup while he is owner?

the new bargaining aggreement will tilt the balance against us even further...

it's over. hope is gone. 1-15 this year. awful forever after. do you get it yet?

Beat me to it. The Bills left years ago. This product is unworthy of our money and attention, yet, here we are. I do hope they lock out. If they do,I'm going to Italy with my season ticket money. Maybe I'll even bring the family.

Probably would become a Packer fan. Small market, blue collar, one of the original franchises, and it's owned by the fans.

Plus, the fans withstood an astounding 24 years of losing, from 1968 to 1991 when things turned around. And they were still there.

It would just be the cherry atop of the 50+ year crap sundae that was the Buffalo Bills. Sometimes I really think the city is cursed.

PTR

No such thing as a curse. Things are the way you let them be. City could be better if the electorate didn't let the local gov. be ineffectual as it has been for decades. Bills could have won those SB's. Now the Sabres and Hull in the crease was some BS. Love football so if Bills left, and they won't, but IF, then I would find a team with stable ownership and tradition that I knew something about. I would likely go with an old AFL team.

Edited by purple haze

I have pondered this question for many, many years. It seems like the answer depends on the scenario, like what if they go to Toronto VS LA, or do they keep the name and logo or start fresh? I don't think I will truly know the answer to this question until I am actually forced to have to answer it.

I have been a life long Bills fan. My old man grew up in Buffalo and my Grandparents died there. I have seen the play around 15 times in person (only twice in Buffalo). With all that being said, if they move to LA, I would like to root for the Texans. It would be perfect. They are an exciting team. It's a three and a 1/2 hour drive for me, so I could even get season tickets. There's only one problem.....

I can't make myself fall in love with them like I have loved the Bills my whole life.

If I could pay someone to brainwash me and make me forget I was ever a Bills fan and make me believe I love the Texans, I might have to seriously consider signing up for that. God, my life would be so much easier.

But I guess life being a Bills/Sabres fan isn't supposed to be easy. I wish it was. I feel like a beaten spouse who is blindly in love with a person who verbally abuses her and destroys her self worth, yet can't bring herself to leave that person.

I am rambling, I know. Bottom line. I am stuck being a fan for life (or at least until they cease to reside in Buffalo). What happens if that day ever comes? How many of you will follow them to another city? How many of you will follow another team? How many of you will just quit being a fan of any team and just do your best to enjoy fantasy football?

The NFL would never be the same and I personally thnk for a good amount of time the NFL would be dead to me. Not having the Bills in Buffalo is not an option.

....What happens if that day ever comes? How many of you will follow them to another city? How many of you will follow another team? How many of you will just quit being a fan of any team and just do your best to enjoy fantasy football?

Everything depends on this Jim Kelly "mystery group" who Kelly claims have already asked Ralph about buying the team, and will be in the running when Wilson dies to buy the team from his heirs. But if they or some other savior or group of saviors don't succeed in keeping the team in Buffalo, I will no longer follow the franchise. If they leave Buffalo the new team will most certainly change the name from "Bills." Even if they kept the Bills name for some crazy reason, I will only continue to root for the BUFFALO Bills anyway. How many Colts fans do you think rooted for Indy from 1984 to 1996?? I would venture to say somewhere around zero.

I'll still enjoy watching NFL football, and will most certainly root for the old Buffalo Bills franchise to lose every game they play.

I would be devastated and I would not root for whatever team the Bills became. But I'm a football fan and I like a few teams. I'd continue to root for the Steelers (they'd probably become #1) and find a few other teams to like.

The Packers, a team I despised as a youth, might become a team I root for. I like the small market thing, great fans, cold weather, etc.