Serious question - What if the Bills leave town?

beggar13

I have pondered this question for many, many years. It seems like the answer depends on the scenario, like what if they go to Toronto VS LA, or do they keep the name and logo or start fresh? I don't think I will truly know the answer to this question until I am actually forced to have to answer it.

I have been a life long Bills fan. My old man grew up in Buffalo and my Grandparents died there. I have seen the play around 15 times in person (only twice in Buffalo). With all that being said, if they move to LA, I would like to root for the Texans. It would be perfect. They are an exciting team. It's a three and a 1/2 hour drive for me, so I could even get season tickets. There's only one problem.....

I can't make myself fall in love with them like I have loved the Bills my whole life.

If I could pay someone to brainwash me and make me forget I was ever a Bills fan and make me believe I love the Texans, I might have to seriously consider signing up for that. God, my life would be so much easier.

But I guess life being a Bills/Sabres fan isn't supposed to be easy. I wish it was. I feel like a beaten spouse who is blindly in love with a person who verbally abuses her and destroys her self worth, yet can't bring herself to leave that person.

I am rambling, I know. Bottom line. I am stuck being a fan for life (or at least until they cease to reside in Buffalo). What happens if that day ever comes? How many of you will follow them to another city? How many of you will follow another team? How many of you will just quit being a fan of any team and just do your best to enjoy fantasy football?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Bills fan only, not a football fan. I really don't watch much football unless it is the Bills or future Bills opponents.

I just don't enjoy the game itself very much. So if the Bills move, be it to Toronto, LA, or anywhere else I will be done with American football altogether. My decision is very simple, yours not so much :)

I have pondered this question for many, many years. It seems like the answer depends on the scenario, like what if they go to Toronto VS LA, or do they keep the name and logo or start fresh? I don't think I will truly know the answer to this question until I am actually forced to have to answer it.

I have been a life long Bills fan. My old man grew up in Buffalo and my Grandparents died there. I have seen the play around 15 times in person (only twice in Buffalo). With all that being said, if they move to LA, I would like to root for the Texans. It would be perfect. They are an exciting team. It's a three and a 1/2 hour drive for me, so I could even get season tickets. There's only one problem.....

I can't make myself fall in love with them like I have loved the Bills my whole life.

If I could pay someone to brainwash me and make me forget I was ever a Bills fan and make me believe I love the Texans, I might have to seriously consider signing up for that. God, my life would be so much easier.

But I guess life being a Bills/Sabres fan isn't supposed to be easy. I wish it was. I feel like a beaten spouse who is blindly in love with a person who verbally abuses her and destroys her self worth, yet can't bring herself to leave that person.

I am rambling, I know. Bottom line. I am stuck being a fan for life (or at least until they cease to reside in Buffalo). What happens if that day ever comes? How many of you will follow them to another city? How many of you will follow another team? How many of you will just quit being a fan of any team and just do your best to enjoy fantasy football?

If they move to any other city except Toronto, I'm done with them. Unless it's another working class city like Buffalo. Chance of that happening is not as good as me getting a date with Sarah McLachlan.

The hometown Titans are pretty good. But they were responsible for Home Run Throwup which began the demise of our once great Bills. Plus that idiotic Texan wig owns the team. Still worth pondering.

C

I am a Bills fan only, not a football fan. I really don't watch much football unless it is the Bills or future Bills opponents.

I just don't enjoy the game itself very much. So if the Bills move, be it to Toronto, LA, or anywhere else I will be done with American football altogether. My decision is very simple, yours not so much :)

Similar here. I'm not much of an NFL fan. I'll just watch college ball.

But I don't think the Bills are going to move.

They would move to Las Vegas and become the Gamblers or Chips. Donald Trump will own them. Seriously. :doh:

No I won't root for them. The NFL barely keeps me interested now and the Bills are the only team I am passionate about.

It seems to be a life long disease.

I started going to games when I was 3. I am the same age as the franchise. I still hope we win a SB by the time I die, my Dad never got to see them in one even, as he died in 89.

The Bills represent Western NY (I know there are the sabres, but I wasn't raised a hockey fan) and is really our only flag to waive (sad is that may be). I left the area years ago and it is the only thing that people identify with the region. It is not just a team to root for, but a connection to home. For me, if they leave, that's it. I pray they leave the colors, logos, and history with us, and start a new. The rivalries that live in my heart would no longer have relevance any more, so football would never be the same. Anyway...it's something we should all be prepared for. God Bless Jim Kelly, but there's only so much money to pull from Western NY to buy this thing...

The Bills represent Western NY (I know there are the sabres, but I wasn't raised a hockey fan) and is really our only flag to waive (sad is that may be). I left the area years ago and it is the only thing that people identify with the region. It is not just a team to root for, but a connection to home. For me, if they leave, that's it. I pray they leave the colors, logos, and history with us, and start a new. The rivalries that live in my heart would no longer have relevance any more, so football would never be the same. Anyway...it's something we should all be prepared for. God Bless Jim Kelly, but there's only so much money to pull from Western NY to buy this thing...

That was brilliantly depressing :thumbsup::cry:

I am a Bills fan because my mom was born there.. I grew up watching the early 90's team. My dad is from LA. I hate the Raiders and use to also like the Rams. If the Bills do actually move to LA I would strongly consider being a fan of them. I couldn't love them like I do now. Depending on where in LA it would only be 3-4 hour drive max for me to go to games. I hate the idea and don't want it to happen at all. I want them to stay put. But, For me it's better if they move to LA.

If I had to choose another team it would probably be the Ravens. I don't know why. I think it's Poe connection. Or the Bears. My cousin is a big Bears fan and I follow them a little.

I have begun to expect this to happen eventually. Not saying in the next couple if years. I just don't see them there in 20 years

The Buffalo Bills are the only reason I bother with the NFL, AT ALL.

If/when the team leaves my most beloved city, I'll feel relieved that I won't have to follow all the made-up drama about a bunch of millionare adult males, never being happy for getting paid to play a game.

I will only follow college football, and probably high school football since it's so big here in the South. Where players actually care about their team/teammates, and are playing for the love of the game.

Wouldnt miss the NFL for a second.