Dear Trent Edwards

Buffaloed82

Guest dog14787

Think what I like? If we're losing, on the last play of the game, I don't want my QB worrying about turning the ball over. I want him thinking about winning the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

BTW, I'm not so sure about that Greatest Coach Ever tag, but he was right in this instance.

Taking a safety at the one, what does that tell you

It tells me when their special teams downed that ball at the one it was over...

Edited by dog14787

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Trent,

This is akward...while I appreciated your support initially, its just starting to get embarrassing to be associated with you. Please keep my name out of your mouth, and I will do the same. Its for the best, nothing personal, but with all my success its just not in my best interest to have my name associated with you anymore. I hope you understand, and thanks for all of your work on my fan club, but unfortunately your services will no longer be needed. I'd wish ya luck, but honestly, I am not even sure you would know what to do with it anymore...

Sincerely,

Dakota

Guest dog14787

Dear Trent,

This is akward...while I appreciated your support initially, its just starting to get embarrassing to be associated with you. Please keep my name out of your mouth, and I will do the same. Its for the best, nothing personal, but with all my success its just not in my best interest to have my name associated with you anymore. I hope you understand, and thanks for all of your work on my fan club, but unfortunately your services will no longer be needed. I'd wish ya luck, but honestly, I am not even sure you would know what to do with it anymore...

Sincerely,

Dakota

I read this already, lol,one way to bump a post, delete/repeat

Edited by dog14787

Dear Trent Edwards,

If you cannot meet my realistic or unrealistic expectations I will ask for you to be bench/cut/concussed/released(not in the book the Giver sense) because you see why should I have to wait two years when if you played better we could be a competitor now.

I understand football is a team game and if other players were better in turn you would look better, but my friend it works both ways and if you played better then perhaps our other glaring needs (an OT, an OT, a WR, a TE, an OT) wouldn't be so glaring. I know it has been one game, but we don't expect you to face defenses that are that much easier to face than the Dolphins.

I understand at times that as fans we can forget that A)you're human being who probably works very hard at your job (if you didn't you'd never cut it in the NFL) and B) As fans we sometimes forget football is only a game and your success or failures do not in any way equate to the quality of who we are as individuals.

P.S. Can you tell the staff to trade Marshawn? I know he will be a fantastic player, but we really do need an O-line (through trades or draft picks) because then we'll have the foundation to run AND pass. When we can do both as oppose to barely either we can start winning games.

P.P.S. If you keep giving these pedestrian numbers, (no offense) as mentioned earlier we're going to replace you with a broom.

-Swift Sylvan

Guest dog14787

dog14787 -

Do you have some sort of crush on Trent Edwards? Do you think he is dreamy? I don't understand your love affair with this guy.

No barker, while I have no problem with TE's looks, I'm not gay and expect to see Trent Edwards/offense to start showing improvement as time goes on.

What this love,hate and all this BS in between comes from with you, I don't know

The Eddie munster comment was directed at your avatar, now if that's really you, I suppose you probably should take it personally,

Like any Bills fan I was discouraged with our team (mainly the offenses)first performance. I also understand it may take a few games or more before the desired results are achieved, hell, it may take half the season,

but I'm not throwing in the towel on my team or QB, there is no quick fix sitting on the bench, Trent's already proven he's best we have,

So folks need to get used to it...

Edited by dog14787

Dear Trent Edwards:

Please shave your head immediately. This obsession with ridiculous hair styles and sideburn experiments needs to come to an end. You are clearly more concerned with the state of your "doo" than you are opposing defenses, and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Amen.

That was pretty funny... :lol:

I am a bit confused why you signed off with an Amen...I thought it was a plea not a prayer...But nonetheless solid work... B-)

No barker, while I have no problem with TE's looks, I'm not gay

Not that there's anything wrong with it... ;)

Guest dog14787

So you're ok with our coach and QB giving up? It's hard to score from the one, let's just make sure we don't turn the ball over? I'm getting angry.

No, I'm not exactly OK with it, and I understand your frustration, but sometimes the coach will be looking at the bigger picture.

I'm just speculating anyway buddy, Gailey could have just as easily said, "Throw the damn ball Trent!" just like some of you guys are now

Its not going to be easy bringing TE back from the abyss, and it could take time.

Edited by dog14787

No, I'm not exactly OK with it, and I understand your frustration, but sometimes the coach will be looking at the bigger picture.

I'm just speculating anyway buddy, Gailey could have just as easily said, "Throw the damn ball Trent!" just like some of you guys are now

I know you're speculating. I think it's some pretty ridiculous speculation, because the thought of a coach who would rather guarantee a loss than possibly turn the ball over is absurd.

Guest dog14787

I know you're speculating. I think it's some pretty ridiculous speculation, because the thought of a coach who would rather guarantee a loss than possibly turn the ball over is absurd.

I understand, and I respect your opinion

The Head coach is responsible for 53 players on the Bills roster and not just Trent Edwards.

If you expect to win, you damn sure better be trying to win, or your comments will start falling on deaf ears...

Edited by dog14787

Take the holding penalties away and in my opinion we could have won the game, make the correct call on Lee Evans long ball, in my opinion we could have won the game.

Not throwing the ball up for grabs on a hail Mary didn't make a bit of difference in the world, Gailey called TE aside on the last series and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he said "Trent, don't give folks the added ammunition to make you look bad" and that's exactly what INT's do when folks look back at the stats.

Think folks care how the INT happened two weeks from now, no, but folks including the media will sure use the stat against Trent Edwards in an effort to prove how bad he is.

I know you have undying faith in your boy Trent, Dog, but I have to agree with the masses: this is one of the worst Trent defense arguments ever constructed on this board. According to you, Gailey could have told Trent, "Trent, I know we need a TD to win this game, but if you don't see anything open downfield, don't throw it. I would rather you run around in the pocket than risk an interception. People will use that interception against you weeks from now. On this last play, throw another check down to end this game. Let's go home."

Guest dog14787

Dear Trent.... Sabres camp has opened so its time to slap on the skates and go play your other sport as Tim Connley, your not fooling me that your not the same person.

Mike in HHds

Awww come on man, I'm a big TE fan, but don't be dissing Tim Conolly like that, geesh <_<

I know you have undying faith in your boy Trent, Dog, but I have to agree with the masses: this is one of the worst Trent defense arguments ever constructed on this board. According to you, Gailey could have told Trent, "Trent, I know we need a TD to win this game, but if you don't see anything open downfield, don't throw it. I would rather you run around in the pocket than risk an interception. People will use that interception against you weeks from now. On this last play, throw another check down to end this game. Let's go home."

:D I do the best I can with what I have sometimes... probably Gailey's sentiments also...

Edited by dog14787

I took a look at that drive again as it is still on my DVR. Did anyone realize they went to the no huddle and basically forced the defense to stay in a base set? Yep, you got it. Trent's success and the teams success in preseason was also against vanilla base sets. Apparently Trent has no ability to read REAL in season defenses. He can't make quick enough decisions to throw in 3 sec or less. He cannot process information quickly enough when the bullets start flying and the defenses don't keep it simple for him. This is also likely a problem for the entire team as well as the offensive line that lets blitzers come free when Trent doesn't have the presence to shift his protection or audible to a better play.

yes what disturbed me was Coach Gailey claiming you can't play no huddle the whole game and we know that. Why because coach doesn't get to call the plays ? I know a couple of teams that were fairly successful doing it that way

yes what disturbed me was Coach Gailey claiming you can't play no huddle the whole game and we know that. Why because coach doesn't get to call the plays ? I know a couple of teams that were fairly successful doing it that way

I believe one of those teams played in this area in the 90s....

My final say on the Trent situation.

It's time to nut up or shut up Trent.

Yes, the Line sucks. Yes, you don't have all-pro receivers. Yes, the tight ends you have probably couldn't cut it on the Chicago Rush of the Arena Football League.

But it's time for you to step up and show something. Throw into tight coverage. Throw down field. Stop running through your progressions so fast that end up at a receiver/TE/RB that's one yard over the line of scrimmage when we need 10 yards. Throw over 300 yards in a game. Step up and be a g#@$@#$n leader. Show some fire when your linemen screw up, when your receiver doesn't break coverage, etc. You'll go a lot farther gaining the respect of the team if you do instead of having the players question your skills in thinly-veiled comments to the press.

You're stuck in bad situation, some of us get that. But we also get that you're never going to have the perfect offensive unit with you and you're going to have to show much, much more than you have in the 3+ years you've been here. If you want to be embraced by Buffalo and show that you're a top quality QB in the NFL, you're going to have to make chicken salad out of chicken poop like all the greats have had to do at one time or another. If you need an example of this, look across the field at the QB you're playing this weekend. He had to follow an icon but he weathered the storm.

Time for the mediocrity to end. Stop telling us and start showing us. Shut up your detractors because I'm tired of seeing 48 threads about you on Monday morning.

Signed,

The fans who care and really want this team to win