Bills allegedly turned down a #3 and a player for Lynch

Kelly the Dog

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/15/aaron-rodgers-on-marshawn-lynch-bring-him-on/

Aaron Rodgers wants him for the Pack. I've maintained all along we're not going to trade him unless we get a good starter for him at a position of need. According to this, we turned down a #3 and a player for him awhile back. I wouldnt doubt that, I just don't believe many of these trade rumors on the surface.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/15/aaron-rodgers-on-marshawn-lynch-bring-him-on/

Aaron Rodgers wants him for the Pack. I've maintained all along we're not going to trade him unless we get a good starter for him at a position of need. According to this, we turned down a #3 and a player for him awhile back. I wouldnt doubt that, I just don't believe many of these trade rumors on the surface.

If we eventually just release lynch after his deal is up. we should just fire Nix because that would be just stupid.

If we eventually just release lynch after his deal is up. we should just fire Nix because that would be just stupid.

If they release him after his deal is up, then yes, it would be stupid. ;)

But Lynch is signed through 2012. No need to panic into a deal.

Guest dog14787

If true, we could be giving the packers a good look/dose of what Marshawn Lynch has to offer, in case they want to up the offer.

I could also understand why the Bills wouldn't want any part of that deal until after we play them.

I am overly positive concerning Bill's issues, but stuff like this, if true, makes me upset on a number of levels. It reeks of the staus quo.

I choose not to always buy into these rumors, but this is an instance where our front office is either a) thinking they are too smart and overestimating his value (and three back set will work) b) being hamstringed by Ralph who doesn't want to admit to another 1st round misfire (despite it helping the team in the long run) or c) they are completely out of touch with the current dynamics of the NFL where there is a certain level of give and take in negotiations where compromises are met. Also, it appears the Bills are not the least bit proactive in trying to deal Lynch which makes me think we will have three good backs that are not utilized effectively. C’est la vie!

I don't buy it. Speculation at the draft had them asking for a 4th, I doubt they rejected a 3rd and a player.

I don't buy the rejected trade rumor. Why? It's too much for Lynch. A 3rd *and* a player? I don't see any team offering that specific package for a RB. That's an NBA sort of deal, not the traditional NFL trade. Just doesn't look right.

I'm certainly skeptical of the rumor, so the key word here is "IF" this rumor is true, then I would be disappointed given that maybe second only to our DBs and Safeties, it's our strongest position. And while many people on this board would poo-poo a 3rd round draft choice, the fact is that many 3rd rounders can be very good players in the NFL, not mention that it is a good and fair compensation for Lynch, not to mention a "player" to be added to that deal. Now if Freddy hadn't had the year he did last year or if he was not a good RB with a solid contribution to the locker room, I could understand it, but considering that you just spent a #9 draft choice on a RB with a good RB in Freddy with him, I just don't understand the logic..."IF" it's true...that remains to be seen...

Green bay has a need,we don't that's why I wouldn't give up anything less than a 1,or a 2 and 3. They need him bad. Now lynch knows he even farts it's all over for him. 3 strike sit out a year next thing you know you 27 years old and u have 2 years left in the tank.he is cheap contract wise.

Maybe the plan is to trade Fred?

That would be a horrible plan.

I don't buy the rejected trade rumor. Why? It's too much for Lynch. A 3rd *and* a player? I don't see any team offering that specific package for a RB. That's an NBA sort of deal, not the traditional NFL trade. Just doesn't look right.

Maroney went with a 6th for a 4th, which is essentially a 5th. If you consider that Lynch is slightly better than Maroney (he probably is), than Lynch for a 4th straight up is not unreasonable. That could turn into a third dependent on how Lynch performs. Then it depends on *who* the player is. If it's a no-name LB (or AJ Hawk) or a no-name Tackle, then its not a big deal. Maybe a slight over payment, but not a huge one.