63 yard kick

diannand

Not sure if this was talked about yet but, I wasn't at the game but watching on TV.

On Lindell's FG attempt how short was it...CBS didn't bother to show a replay...

Well I can see why they didn't show a replay. He missed! You don't really want a network to focus on a missed Buffalo field goal do you? lol

He actually got one hell of a kick off it and was within 2-5 yards of clearing the bar in my estimation. It was an impreessive boot considering we are thinking he had no chance.

1) I'm sure it's just because they were already signing off to the halftime show late due to the official timekeeper correctly stopping the clock with 1 second left and directing the players back onto the field. If he made it, then it would have a highlight worthy of replay.

2) Or maybe the media hates the Bills?

Not sure if this was talked about yet but, I wasn't at the game but watching on TV.

On Lindell's FG attempt how short was it...CBS didn't bother to show a replay...

Close on the distance and good on the direction. Would have been good from ~ 55.

Best thing I liked was that we at least took that chance to score however slim the possibility of success was.

I haven't watched the replay yet, but my estimation it woulda been good from 55; 57 maybe.

Even from his history with us (think his record is 57 or 59) I think if he is 55 or so yards away on a halfway decent day you let him try it.

...it isn't "no brainer" territory for him, but it does seem to be a range he CAN hit.

This, in my book, was the most exciting play of the day. If for no other reason than the fact that when I saw them lining up a 60-plus yarder, I told my buddy I'd chug three Molson XXXs if he made it. We were on our feet for that play. It was all downhill from there.

This, in my book, was the most exciting play of the day. If for no other reason than the fact that when I saw them lining up a 60-plus yarder, I told my buddy I'd chug three Molson XXXs if he made it. We were on our feet for that play. It was all downhill from there.

You would have been on your way downhill if he had made it after chugging 3 of those bad boys :)

I'm glad -and a little surprized- that this thread didn't get hi-jacked by the children here. Given Lindell's reaction, I think he really thought it was makeable. His kick-offs almost always get to the endzone and his accuracy is the best this teams' ever had. He isn't one to showboat, no matter how critical the kick. For as animated as he was about the kick, I'd say let him try the super long ones whenever the situation presents itself.

Rian Lindell is one of the very few fantastic FA acquistions for the Bills this century!

I'm glad -and a little surprized- that this thread didn't get hi-jacked by the children here. Given Lindell's reaction, I think he really thought it was makeable. His kick-offs almost always get to the endzone and his accuracy is the best this teams' ever had. He isn't one to showboat, no matter how critical the kick. For as animated as he was about the kick, I'd say let him try the super long ones whenever the situation presents itself.

Rian Lindell is one of the very few fantastic FA acquistions for the Bills this century!

And to think that back in 2004-2005 there were two dozen threads saying how badly he sucked, and how Dononoe's refusal to dump him was because of his (TD's) ego....

The past provides perspective...

And to think that back in 2004-2005 there were two dozen threads saying how badly he sucked, and how Dononoe's refusal to dump him was because of his (TD's) ego....

The past provides perspective...

He did struggle for a bit around that time, seeming to miss kicks in important situations, but I recall him stating in the offseason that he adjusted his footwork--- I think he realized he was overstepping his plant foot?--- and then, suddenly, he was super consistent... and has been ever since.

Just watched it a few seconds ago. He didn't miss by much. It bounced directly in front of the end zone line, so maybe three yards, four at the most (although hard to say without a side view of the attempt). Love the decision though. I'm surprised they were even given the opportunity, really. Johnson was going down as the clock went to 0:01, not sure how they got that timeout in.

He did struggle for a bit around that time, seeming to miss kicks in important situations, but I recall him stating in the offseason that he adjusted his footwork--- I think he realized he was overstepping his plant foot?--- and then, suddenly, he was super consistent... and has been ever since.

He was not-so-good that's for sure. Those first two years or so he was pretty unreliable... I hated him and wanted him gone pretty badly. One of several players that I thought were unredeemable that turned out to be solid. Ellis is looking like another. I hope that I'm wrong again!

I sit on the bills side that endzone lower bowl... I think it hit the L in the BILLS logo... It was a hell of a kick but needed about 5 to 6 yards to clear the cross bar

Just watched it a few seconds ago. He didn't miss by much. It bounced directly in front of the end zone line, so maybe three yards, four at the most (although hard to say without a side view of the attempt). Love the decision though. I'm surprised they were even given the opportunity, really. Johnson was going down as the clock went to 0:01, not sure how they got that timeout in.

I was on the 20-yard line on that side. It hit in the endzone, and easily needed a good 7-10 more yards as I said. Since I did not see it on TV, did they show him after? He was definitely pissed and knew he didn't get all of it.