63 yard kick

diannand

It actually had no chance.... i've seen him drill ones from 45 that would have been good from that 63.... He didn't get his best piece of the ball... it needed another 8 yards or so... my seats were on the 10 at that end so I had a real good look at it. The only analogy I had for it is like hitting a drive in Golf, when you're on a perfect driving hole... nice and wide and downwind, you overswing and it actually goes shorter, I think that's what Lindell did

And to think that back in 2004-2005 there were two dozen threads saying how badly he sucked, and how Dononoe's refusal to dump him was because of his (TD's) ego....

The past provides perspective...

Lindell has been excellent, but you do remember that he missed that very crucial 28 yarder against Pittsburg in that dreadful loss that kept us out of the playoffs in 2004? So at the time it was very fair to rip him. Since than he has definitely gotten better and better. Him and Morrman have been the best thing going on this team for many years.

Lindell has been excellent, but you do remember that he missed that very crucial 28 yarder against Pittsburg in that dreadful loss that kept us out of the playoffs in 2004? So at the time it was very fair to rip him. Since than he has definitely gotten better and better. Him and Morrman have been the best thing going on this team for many years.

I remember that very well. All kickers miss from time to time, what I think is funny is how Lindell once upon a time was used as this symbol for the catastrophic badness of the team. Now people realize he is actually one of the (few) good things.

He had the wind. unfortunately not enough of it.

PTR

Promo there was no wind when he kicked it... the flags were not moving on the goal posts.... If there was I think it would have gone in... Every one around me was talking about it... He even looked back at the goal post behind him...

He did struggle for a bit around that time, seeming to miss kicks in important situations, but I recall him stating in the offseason that he adjusted his footwork--- I think he realized he was overstepping his plant foot?--- and then, suddenly, he was super consistent... and has been ever since.

RL also had shoulder problems that threw off his form. Yes, you might not think it, but the upper body has a role in kicking. He had surgery the offseason before he magically got better (even tho at that point, he was still one of the most consistent kickers in Bills history, percentage-wise).

Lot of people blamed him on some tough kicks in tough conditions (specifically the game against the Steelers 3rd-stringers where a second quarter tying FG got absolutely pummeled by a gust of wind). His kickoffs often go just inside the 5, but you know, Bobby April was quoted in the BN saying that's where he (April) wanted them placed.

For me the strangest part of the play was that I didn't see a Dolphin within 20 yards of where the ball landed. On a 63 yard FG attempt, should you not have a return man in the endzone ready to catch the ball and attempt a run back? Maybe I just didn't see him.

If you watch the replay you could see they were totally off-guard. They thought the half was over, remember? Then they certainly didn't expect the long FG try. They were still getting organized when the ball was snapped.

For me the strangest part of the play was that I didn't see a Dolphin within 20 yards of where the ball landed. On a 63 yard FG attempt, should you not have a return man in the endzone ready to catch the ball and attempt a run back? Maybe I just didn't see him.

I was at the game and this was a total blunder on the part of the Bills. When the Bills lined up to kick, the Fish has 13 men on the field. The guy standing on the goal line ran off. Then another guy ran off the field and got all the way off before the snap. If we would have just snapped the ball when they had too many men on the field, we could have gotten 5 yards closer and it RL may have made it. Those 3 points could have come in handy.

But to answer the original question, it appeared to be about 5 yards short from where I was sitting.