Andrew Luck

Ive been watching the top 3 Q.Bs and I personally am conviced were going Q.B 1st pick and I gotta tell you as much as I hate to see another california qb in a bills uniform I would love to see this guy line up under center next year. By far one of the smartest Q.Bs ive ever seen play college ball. He almost reminds me of phillip rivers or even peyton manning. To me locker is an athletic freak but then again so was losman. This guys the real deal he has the confidence and the skills to back it up... Just some food for thought.

LGB

The thing that scares me is that whenever I watch Locker I can't compare him to anyone because he's just overlly athletic. Luck or Gabbert down the road I think are the most NFL ready of the bunch.

How about Jake the Snake in the best case scenario and JP Losman being the nightmare scenario.

I think this kid is very talented but he's very inconsistent. He will be drafted early but he won't be a Matt Ryan, somewhat a polished rookie requiring little time and coaching. If we draft Locker I hope the fanbase and the coaches (more importantly) bring this guy slowly but surely to progression .

Luck has unbelievable potential. Size, intangibles, speed/mobility, arm strength, touch... only weakness I see right now is he needs to work on his accuracy. Unfortunately for the Bills, Luck would be well served staying at least another year. Not a huge Locker fan. Great athlete, but don't think he will ever be a great passer.

Luck has shown good skills at Stanford, but he's a red-shirt sophomore in his junior year, with only 10 games under his belt - which makes any statement that he's 'the most NFL-ready' somewhat suspect. (Buddy Nix's criteria for 'draftable' QBs are 3 years/30 games/lots of big-game experience - Luck meets none of those, and I doubt he'll even declare for the 2011 draft.)

Here's your 2011 first-round pick...

Gabe Carimi

The thing that scares me is that whenever I watch Locker I can't compare him to anyone because he's just overlly athletic.

It's really not the best comparison, but I always think of Flutie when I watch Locker. He's an athletic guy, not the best pure QB or thrower, but he has a knack for making things happen and he makes people around him look better. While I think Luck and Mallet have more pure QB skill than Locker, I think I would take Locker over both of them for my college team. How that relates to NFL success....no clue.

Ive been watching the top 3 Q.Bs and I personally am conviced were going Q.B 1st pick and I gotta tell you as much as I hate to see another california qb in a bills uniform I would love to see this guy line up under center next year. By far one of the smartest Q.Bs ive ever seen play college ball. He almost reminds me of phillip rivers or even peyton manning. To me locker is an athletic freak but then again so was losman. This guys the real deal he has the confidence and the skills to back it up... Just some food for thought.

LGB

Luck definitely looks like the read deal, but I highly doubt he goes pro next year.

Luck has unbelievable potential. Size, intangibles, speed/mobility, arm strength, touch... only weakness I see right now is he needs to work on his accuracy. Unfortunately for the Bills, Luck would be well served staying at least another year. Not a huge Locker fan. Great athlete, but don't think he will ever be a great passer.

Unfortunately accuracy does not get better when college QB's go to the pros and accuracy is one of the better(none are any good) predictors of NFL success. Much more so than winning record, TD passes, and arm strength.

Luck has shown good skills at Stanford, but he's a red-shirt sophomore in his junior year, with only 10 games under his belt - which makes any statement that he's 'the most NFL-ready' somewhat suspect. (Buddy Nix's criteria for 'draftable' QBs are 3 years/30 games/lots of big-game experience - Luck meets none of those, and I doubt he'll even declare for the 2011 draft.)

Gabe Carimi

He will in 2012 which is when he will come out for the draft assuming Harbaugh stays. If Harbaugh goes to Michigan or an NFL team Luck probably will enter the draft.

He will in 2012 which is when he will come out for the draft assuming Harbaugh stays. If Harbaugh goes to Michigan or an NFL team Luck probably will enter the draft.

Are you basing this on conversations you've had with Andrew Luck about his future, or simply reiterating something you read somewhere that someone wrote to fill space and meet a deadline? :unsure:

No way Luck comes out in 2011 because Luck goes to Stanford and is, therefore, by definition, intelligent enough to know he's nowhere near 'NFL ready'.

BTW...

Inaccuracy mars Andrew Luck in blowout win

Start thinkin' o-line in next year's draft. The Bills will not win the Ryan Mallett pool and, after him, there ain't a QB worth wasting a round one pick.

(There will be QBs in the later rounds like Taylor Potts - (thru 2 games) 652 yds, 7 TDs, 0 INTS, 65% completions, 155 rating - we'll get a look at him on national TV this Saturday nite against #5 Texas.)

Edited by The Senator

Gabe Carimi

I'm with the Senator on this. Nice post.

:wallbash: INTANGIBLES---Seriously??

Why is it that lately everyone has begun listing "intangibles" when comparing players? Can someone actually have better intangibles than someone else?? Would anyone care to rank someone's "intangibles" on a scale of 1-10. By definition these could be negative as well as positive undefinable or non-quantifiable characteristics.

Sorry for the rant, but this is starting to drive me crazy. Or perhaps it is a symptom of my previously existing crazy. I mean really, I'm not overtly psychotic (having learned to hide the really cool thoughts I have - or hear in your heads)but people often walk away thinking 'that boy is not quite right, we should hide the car keys, and the chain saw and the knives...yeah, the knives.... you really can't put your finger on it, but there seems to be something off here...(wait for it) yeah its INTANGIBLE :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I like how so many posters last year wanted Locker bad, then said he was so stupid for going back to college and not coming out (even when that NFL draft commitee said he was a mid round pick) and now he is the "white Jamarcus Russel" and "wont transition to the pros". That stuff was all so obvious LAST season - what has made you all see it now? I dont get it.

I hope Trent plays well enough where we dont need a QB. I hope we add a big time Pass blocker of pass rusher next season, and I hope Luck stays in school - we may need him in 2012