sabres new uni's leaked on channel 7's site

justnzane

Are they still going to keep the current "throwbacks" ie the blues with the old style crest? I like the looks of those but the Buffalo script jersey should be the 3rd alternate, not the home.

The script blue jersey is a one year thing for the 40th anniversary. That new white will join last year's 3rd jersey (the original logo) as the primary jerseys for the team. I guess it's possible that the script jersey sticks around longer, but the original plan that had been floating around the internet for a while now is the one year deal.

As a jersey connoisseur, I have to say those 3rd jerseys with the "Buffalo" script look awful. The entire jersey just looks like a novelty Sabres sweatshirt that you pick up at Walmart made by Bulletin Athletics.

Their classic logo jerseys - now that's the bees knees.

Didn't the Sabres change the Unis last year (or the year before) and a couple of years before that?

Well, anything to be rid of the toupee wearing slug.

No there primary home and away uniforms have been the same since the start of 06/07. In that time they've had two versions of the third jersey which were similar (both with the classic logo) but the first version was royal blue while the second was navy blue.

From worst to first!

Maybe the Bills could take a cue. Same situation --- unis that 75% of fans hate and a classic throwback that 90% love. Get 'er done, Russ!

(I don't see anyone in their right minds actually buying that 3rd script jersey. That looks terrible.)

Edited by UConn James

No there primary home and away uniforms have been the same since the start of 06/07. In that time they've had two versions of the third jersey which were similar (both with the classic logo) but the first version was royal blue while the second was navy blue.

Thanks. I knew I've read a few "new Sabre Jersey leaked" posts of the past few years. That explains it.

As a jersey connoisseur, I have to say those 3rd jerseys with the "Buffalo" script look awful. The entire jersey just looks like a novelty Sabres sweatshirt that you pick up at Walmart made by Bulletin Athletics.

Their classic logo jerseys - now that's the bees knees.

How can you have expert training in jerseys? IMO would have been a lot better...

Love that were going back to the classic unis. And I don't mind the script ones, but...

Look at the script uni and tell me that the writing doesn't look like a dong. A big B that looks like balls, then the writing has an outline around it, slanting slightly downward.

Love that were going back to the classic unis. And I don't mind the script ones, but...

Look at the script uni and tell me that the writing doesn't look like a dong. A big B that looks like balls, then the writing has an outline around it, slanting slightly downward.

Good call, it does look a bit like a dong. I didn't notice til you mentioned it, though.

I think that script jersey is OK and might look good while it is on a person. It has a REALLY old school feel.

That script is almost like the old Buffalo Bison "Pepsi cap" jerseys.

http://i2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/716/998/61/5975_2.JPG

PTR

That was apparently the intention...

An early look at the Sabres' new jerseys

Eddie Shack???

Now if Eddie Shack's nose precedes the puck over the blue line, if the play considered off-sides? :unsure:

Great hi-lite film, but that song is almost as bad as listening to...

Schony Sings :sick:

Edited by The Senator