I know its Preseason

plenzmd1

Okay, eternal optimist here. I know its preseason, i know no one game plans, i know records mean nothing, i know Detroit looked great at 4-0 the year they went 0-16. I get all that, and I am still excited for the season to start.

So was wondering what record the Bills would need for our boy to win Coach of the Year. With all the 2-14,3-13,4-12 predictions out there, i say a 9-7 record gets it done. Might not even take that. If we can win one of the first two road games, Green Bay or the *Pats,after beating the Dolphins, I say he has it won right there and then. (I am already putting the opener in the W column). What do you all think?

This guy just has got me excited. However, I can remember Dick's opener so clearly, and thinking" we got a good coach here, except for that friggen safety we shoulda beat the Pats on the road" :wallbash::oops: . So take my opinion for what it's worth!!

Edited by plenzmd1

Okay, eternal optimist here. I know its preseason, i know no one game plans, i know records mean nothing, i know Detroit looked great at 4-0 the year they went 0-16. I get all that, and I am still excited for the season to start.

So was wondering what record the Bills would need for our boy to win Coach of the Year. With all the 2-14,3-13,4-12 predictions out there, i say a 9-7 record gets it done. Might not even take that. If we can win one of the first two road games, Green Bay or the *Pats,after beating the Dolphins, I say he has it won right there and then. (I am already putting the opener in the W column). What do you all think?

This guy just has got me excited. However, I can remember Dick's opener so clearly, and thinking" we got a good coach here, except for that friggen safety we shoulda beat the Pats on the road" :wallbash::oops: . So take my opinion for what it's worth!!

:blink:

13-3. That was DJ's record as COTY.

I bet you're looking for a clean sock right about now.

LMAO. That horrid visual made me shoot a chunk of apple outta my nose. :sick:

What the hell are you doing shoving a chunk of apple up your nose in the first place?

Paul, just so you don't feel too bad about those Jauron thoughts, I felt the same way. Jauron was a good man and he DID get his teams to play hard -- that much has been admitted by opponents. He just isn't a strategist, and he doesn't know offense to save his life. He built one hell of a secondary, though. ;)

I'm also excited by Gailey -- his attitude, his demeanor, the way he speaks to the media, and the way he has adopted an "us against the world" mentality with the team. Holding Spiller completely out of last night's game was an underrated strategic move. The Fish really don't have much to go on.

I'm not going to answer your original question, though...superstitious.

LMAO. That horrid visual made me shoot a chunk of apple outta my nose. :sick:

Sorry--it's just that we have entered the realm of what the Fed (Greenspan) once called "irrational exuberance". He was referring to the market just before the bubble burst in '99.

Why can't we just be reasonably hopeful without being desperate? Why does CG have to be a potential COTY? Why even talk like this? We've been this way before. GW started a season 5-3, DJ started one 5-1. Both were going to turn everything around after the last guy. It didn't work out.

Can't we wait a little while?

If the Bills make the playoffs Chan should be a COY candidate.

PTR

I agree. I think the fact that even as a homer I can't see a chance of the Bills making the playoffs, if Chan someone gets them there he certainly deserves to be in the race.