Should bills keep Hardy?

Nelson makes plays and appears to be a smart player.

Hardy? Can't think of any reason to keep him.

1) Yes on Nelson.

2) On Hardy, the better question to ask, is there any reason to cut him? What--so we can go sign Klopfenstein again? I say keep him, and maybe it all clicks for him this year or next, or maybe it doesn't.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Levi took the TD return interception blame on himself for the pass he threw but who was the WR he was going to? It was Hardy who went in not out (where Levi seemed to think it was supposed to go). If he was supposed to go out then that 102 td return goes on him not Levi. :oops:

Brohms INT came on a pass to him to didn't it? hmmmmm detecting a pattern? not a well run one either.

I Think if he gets the cut, we will know why.

I think Levi took the blame because the QB is generally going to do that regardless of whose fault it really was. On the replay it looked like Hardy ran the wrong route in the Lions game. It looked like Levi was throwing to a spot and Hardy was supposed to be there. The best wideouts in the NFL run precise routes and are in perfect timing with their QB. After three years, I'm not sure Hardy is ever going to be able to do that.

As preseason comes to an end the analysis on Trent has been extremely positive. He seems to be thriving with Coach Gailey. Is it possible that Hardy may do the same? Has Hardy been hindered by immaturity and injuries? Why not retread his big ass too? Tonight I officially retract my CNP stamp (can not play)off of Hardy. His potential is obvious: He is huge, he can catch and he is a vet. I thought he did well. The passes that he dropped were low and behind him. The ones he did snag he showed good concentration off a tip and one in heavy traffic. I believe Chan has gotten his attention and he will remain on the team over the dime-a-dozen-short guys. remember we drafted him bc there is value with jump ball endzone guys. Sure Nelson has been a great find but why not keep them both? Speed kills, crisp routes ran as drawn are great and guys like Revis can punk the T.O.'s out there but you cant shut down height in a chaotic endzone.

In my humble opinion, they DO keep them both. Ging back to what Gailey himself said a few days in as coach, he likes big, tall, fast receivers...our WR depth chart should look like this:

Evans

Johnson

Parrish

Jackson

Nelson

Hardy

I even think Roosevelt has an outside chance to make the roster as he proved he can get open and catch everything, plus his contributions on ST.

As preseason comes to an end the analysis on Trent has been extremely positive. He seems to be thriving with Coach Gailey. Is it possible that Hardy may do the same? Has Hardy been hindered by immaturity and injuries? Why not retread his big ass too? Tonight I officially retract my CNP stamp (can not play)off of Hardy. His potential is obvious: He is huge, he can catch and he is a vet. I thought he did well. The passes that he dropped were low and behind him. The ones he did snag he showed good concentration off a tip and one in heavy traffic. I believe Chan has gotten his attention and he will remain on the team over the dime-a-dozen-short guys. remember we drafted him bc there is value with jump ball endzone guys. Sure Nelson has been a great find but why not keep them both? Speed kills, crisp routes ran as drawn are great and guys like Revis can punk the T.O.'s out there but you cant shut down height in a chaotic endzone.

I think after listening to Chans presser this am he sticks Low on the chart but he makes it and it up to him to move up.....

I think after listening to Chans presser this am he sticks Low on the chart but he makes it and it up to him to move up.....

It's hard to know how much stock to put in reading between the lines from coaches and guys like Chris Brown, but Gailey seems to be pretty forthright, and Brown seems to have mildly changed his tune. Last week he said he didn't think Hardy would make it. Now he says well that TD is still on tape whether it was called back or not. I don't think the Bills flat out tell him what to say but he's pretty easy to read and know what the team thinks.

I have always thought, based on just a hunch and little more, that we would keep Hardy, and I still do. I think the guy could easily be a playmaker without being a great route runner. That's what he was in college. That seemed to be the case on the TD yesterday that was called back when it would seem easy to criticize him for not going harder after the ball. I do not think he has looked good.

I think he stays the first four weeks as a #6 WR until the Nelson suspension is up. We keep just two TE and play McIntyre there as an emergency (unless a decent one comes available). He is inactive in games we play to run a lot and active in ones to plan to pass a lot, depending on the health of the other 5 WR. Then by game five we re-evaluate who has produced or looked good and whether we still keep 6 WR. Some years we kept 7, others 5.

I know Levi took the TD return interception blame on himself for the pass he threw but who was the WR he was going to? It was Hardy who went in not out (where Levi seemed to think it was supposed to go). If he was supposed to go out then that 102 td return goes on him not Levi. :oops:

Brohms INT came on a pass to him to didn't it? hmmmmm detecting a pattern? not a well run one either.

I Think if he gets the cut, we will know why.

I think Hardy's evaluation from last night will rest on 2 plays

-- Levi Brown INT.. only the coaches/players know what the play was and whether it was Brown or Hardy who messed up. If Hardy was supposed to go out and its his fault, then he's hosed

-- Long catch/penalty,.. I've been trying to find a highlight of this to see it again. Did he do enough to get that ball initially or did he just get lucky on the tip? thoughts on that by those who saw it...

Plus neither Nelson nor Chad Jackson will get cut, so they would have to commit to 6 WRs to keep him. So it will be either Hardy or Bell (RB). I don't think both can stick.

Edited by cage

Thank god people are starting to jump off of the Hardy bandwagon. He's been a bust since day one and now he's injury prone. Sure he's tall, but he's also too slow, a terrible route runner and has decent hands at best. Not a good formula for being an NFL wide out. This kid should serve as a reminder why guys like Russ Brandon, Ralph Wilson and Dick Jauron should never be allowed in the same area code as an NFL draft. 41st overall?! Kid has a total of maybe 10 catches? And we thought Maybin was a bust...

See you in the CFL, James.

Thank god people are starting to jump off of the Hardy bandwagon. He's been a bust since day one and now he's injury prone. Sure he's tall, but he's also too slow, a terrible route runner and has decent hands at best. Not a good formula for being an NFL wide out. This kid should serve as a reminder why guys like Russ Brandon, Ralph Wilson and Dick Jauron should never be allowed in the same area code as an NFL draft. 41st overall?! Kid has a total of maybe 10 catches? And we thought Maybin was a bust...

See you in the CFL, James.

There was only a Handfull on the Hardy bandwagon. People are on Stevie J and David N jockstrap and will soon be dissapointed as well.

Well, last night Hardy did it again. On a long pass down the sideline he failed to raise his arms. 6'5" with long arms and this guy has absolutely ZERO instinct to actually go after the ball.

Isn't this something you just do since you were 10 years old? Raise your arms, use your body, jump and get the freakin' ball!

Nah, he was already 6'5" at the age of 10.

Foschi is horrible...but who else do we have to play tight end at this point? Isn't Matthews on IR?

Hardy seems likely to be replaced by Nelson who showed a lot this preseason. Cut Hardy

Foschi plays like the Lions player with the cast on his hands. He couldn't be worse if tried to. He doesn't run the routes well, drops critical catches and looks lost.

Hardy tries, but doesn't appear really invested in the game. He doesn't leap or go back for catches. If it doesn't come exactly too him, he doesn't seem interested enough to fight for it.

They should also dump Lynch, and keep Bell instead. Lynch doesn't play like he did in the first year he was with the Bills. I'm not sure if it's jealousy, or just lack of respect. He doesn't hit the holes when given the chance and appears hesitant, much like he did last year. Keep Bell and Jackson, and trade Lynch.

Chambers needs to go too, how many times is that kid going to get penalized before he gets fired? :wallbash:

In my humble opinion, they DO keep them both. Ging back to what Gailey himself said a few days in as coach, he likes big, tall, fast receivers...our WR depth chart should look like this:

Evans

Johnson

Parrish

Jackson

Nelson

Hardy

I even think Roosevelt has an outside chance to make the roster as he proved he can get open and catch everything, plus his contributions on ST.

If CG likes 'em tall and fast, Roscoe and Hardy don't make the team.

I think Hardy makes or doesn't make the team completly on things we have no idea about where he stands.

Does he spend extra time at practice?

Does he seem to study his playbook real well?

Does he pay extra attention during meetings film review sessions?

Does he spend extra time in the weight room?

If the answers ot these questions are all yes, then they likely will keep him. If its no t oall or many, then he likely will be gone.

At this point I think what he has or hasn't done during games will have little effect.

Foschi plays like the Lions player with the cast on his hands. He couldn't be worse if tried to. He doesn't run the routes well, drops critical catches and looks lost.

Hardy tries, but doesn't appear really invested in the game. He doesn't leap or go back for catches. If it doesn't come exactly too him, he doesn't seem interested enough to fight for it.

Well he did say that he learned a lot from T.O. last year.

He looks like he has a lot of talent, but where's the improvement? What's the point of him making it as a 6th WR? He'll be inactive every game and won't use the practice to progress, just like last year.

If you want to keep a 2nd round pick who has never lived up to his potential, we already got the better version in Chad Jackson.

CG has made some harsh comments regarding the the back up O-line's performance against Detroit. Both Brohm and Brown sought and found Hardy while under duress. Hardy also was fighting for his career and as a few of you commented, he remained comfortable. The pressure was obvious as we all watched him like a hawk...it was his show and not the so called QB battle.i thought he handled it well and showed a glimpse of the future. He reminds me of dare i say Herman Moore. We have Spiller who will not be our goal line ram that job is for Freddy or Lynch. We are gonna need that toss it up fade route when they stack the line. Im sure another team will pick him up if he's cut;I honestly feel he'll be the most sought after waived WR. Regardless Im very excited for this year, theres no greater place to enjoy the NFL than sitting in RW stadium with all the fans win or lose. GO BILLS!!!

oh almost forgot: "Crane your necks to the ones who made it and toast the ones who tried and failed." -John Belucheese

As was said here

These are my top 6(and yes I do think they keep 6 because of spread sets and ST) WRs

#1 Evans

#2 Johnson(but this may be Jackson sooner or later)

#3 Parrish(the slot is his)

#4 Nelson(as I said in the last thread, he has outplayed everybody but Evans and Parrish, but he's a rookie so #4)

#5 Jackson

#6 Roosevelt(Hometown kid has looked NFL-able both on offense and special teams)

--

PS Jones

CUT Hardy (sorry to say it but he's the odd man out here)

Nelson does everything Hardy does, but he seems to be able to get through injuries(2 in this camp) he doesn't drop balls, and he clearly knows how to run routs. Keep in mind Hardy is a family acquaintance, and while I have done my best to root for him, he ain't my acquaintance :D. In my book it's team first, family member's dopey acquaintances 2nd :censored:.

I will be absolutely shocked if they try to keep Hardy and sneak Nelson onto the practice squad. I will be absolutely shocked if they decide to pay Hardy his money, when they can pay Nelson his instead.

Edited by OCinBuffalo