TJ Housh.....

SWVABillsFan

It's interesting, but I'll pass. He had some killer seasons, but I think they were mostly just an artifact of playing with a young, strong Chad [Johnson] and a balls-out Carson Palmer. As those aspects faded, his numbers dropped into the middle range. At 32, he's not a long-term fix at the position, either. We could have just as well retained Terrell Owens.

no thanks lets see what we have on the roster, I get the feeling that one of these guys will step up to be a solid number 2

I'm not sold on this yet. We have a marginal number one and a question mark at #2. We may even have to wait for Nelson in year two or three. We have some interesting prospects, but guys that can be counted on to be a solid number 2, not sure YET.

I'm not sold on this yet. We have a marginal number one and a question mark at #2. We may even have to wait for Nelson in year two or three. We have some interesting prospects, but guys that can be counted on to be a solid number 2, not sure YET.

let me step back a minute...TJ for BEAST MODE?!:huh:

If we could get him for a 5th or maybe a 4th, I'd do it. There's not substitute for talent. After this pre season and the problems that the Jets and Patsies are having, we could make a run at this. We need a solid receiver to put out there with Lee. I don't care how much it costs, it's not my money.

In a heartbeat.

Alvin Harper v2.0. No thanks, unless he gets cut and he accepts a deal for less than half of what he was supposed to make (IOW, "on the cheap" ;)).

He's not worth it for the money he's being paid, but your statement is so far off base its not even funny. Harper never had mroe than 46 catches, 821 yards, or 8 TDs in a season. Since he became a starter in 2004, the fewest number of catches Housh had was 73, and the least number of yards Housh had was 904. Housh was at one point a legit #1 WR.

Not even close, in comparison.

He's not worth it for the money he's being paid, but your statement is so far off base its not even funny. Harper never had mroe than 46 catches, 821 yards, or 8 TDs in a season. Since he became a starter in 2004, the fewest number of catches Housh had was 73, and the least number of yards Housh had was 904. Housh was at one point a legit #1 WR.

Alright, alright, it wasn't the best comparison I'll admit. The point was he was an excellent #2 WR, signed to be a #1 WR, and didn't pan-out like the Hawks had hoped, to the point that they're trying to trade him and get rid of his $7M salary (even though Paul Allen has more money than God and there is no salary cap). Maybe a better comparison would be Peerless Price v2.0?

I'm not saying he's a bum. But I wouldn't trade for him and his $7M salary, but wait for him to be cut and sign him to a cheaper deal.