Farewell to all, you guys are great fans.... I mean that!

DIE HARD 1967

It is a shame the board has become a hang out for the grammar police,joksters, and single minded(only my opinion counts crew).

Uh, that would be jokesters and put a space in between minded and the open parentheses. Thank you. ;)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a knock against the board, actually its the opposite.....wonderful place to hang out.

I am going to tell you a little secret but this will change your attitude about your threads and comments!

Are you ready?

I played for the Buffalo Bills 1967-1972. I read your comments and I now understand the fans better. Just a little warning here!

The players do frequent the message boards, and they do care what you write and yes I personally know 1 former player that posts here!!! Yep, it is true! If you investigate, you could easily figure it out! I did ! I PMed the guy and we now chat from time to time!

So why leave the board now? No player or former player is interested reading garbage about why a player should be waived or why he is overpaid.These are proud, proud former star college football players. The career is short, the physical burden is high and the players are just people. We all have emotions and nobody enjoys bashing! The Buffalo fans are the best but by far the most frustrated.

Wow, what a cry baby...later loser.

I will stop by from time to time and read some topics but my responding days are over.

Oh, and my prediction for 2010?

Some of you place to much importance in high skill players. The "team" will determine the final outcome.

Buffalo is better then most of you think and a playoff birth is not impossible!

I thought about placing my real name here, but most likely someone will say I sucked or I was just a good solid player.

Either way I will not be happy because football was my LIFE and still is!

So I ask the question and this is a good one.....

IF YOU WERE A FORMER PLAYER,WOULD YOU PLACE YOUR REAL NAME ON THIS BOARD? If you think about it very carefully, the answer is no way! Some will call this thread a hoax but that should be expected from fans in today's world! Everything is a hoax and everybody is a fraud, not always true guys! Some people are honest and until proven otherwise, learn to trust people!

Good luck on your threads, the season, and GO BILLS!!!

-DIEHARD 1967

Fans get crazy sometimes. Sometimes they can be very immature. I guess it will always be like that. You have to have thick skin and just ignore the retards. Afterall, this is the internet and a message board at that, you have to expect the good with the bad.

IMHO.......once this team starts winning games again the board will change with the team also and become FUN once again. The fans have been put through agony the last 10-14 years!!!

Winning cures everything man!

I hope you hang around. I'm excited about this season and hoping for a 10-6 season.

Diehard,

How about saying the Bills should lose for a draft-pick? How would people that have been training their whole life to win everything they can take being told to put it in the tank so they can draft some kid, right out of college, that will walk in and earn substantially more money than they may ever see in their career?

I could care less if players and/or coaches read the boards. I am fairly sure ol'nevergiveup was here to see what people were saying about him, and got sucked in a little bit.

This is not a knock against the board, actually its the opposite.....wonderful place to hang out.

I am going to tell you a little secret but this will change your attitude about your threads and comments!

Are you ready?

I played for the Buffalo Bills 1967-1972. I read your comments and I now understand the fans better. Just a little warning here!

The players do frequent the message boards, and they do care what you write and yes I personally know 1 former player that posts here!!! Yep, it is true! If you investigate, you could easily figure it out! I did ! I PMed the guy and we now chat from time to time!

So why leave the board now? No player or former player is interested reading garbage about why a player should be waived or why he is overpaid.These are proud, proud former star college football players. The career is short, the physical burden is high and the players are just people. We all have emotions and nobody enjoys bashing! The Buffalo fans are the best but by far the most frustrated.

Best of luck and thank you for your service to the Bills organization, and the community. I'm just learning the ropes as far as posting, the do's, don'ts, even though I have many posts. I have taken both roads in my short posting career, one being over critical and very negative, and recently after some negative feedback on my pessimistic attitude about the Bills Organization I have tried to be more understanding and positive in my assesment of the Bills organization. I had to evaluate my opinionated views, and make a positive out of what could have otherwise reinforce my negative attitude.

It's unfortunate that you must go, and it's not for me to ask you to reconsider. But, this site needs all the worthy bloggers that are available

to combat some of those that remain Bills bashers. I like the contrast of opinions, but can do without some of the rudeness out there.

Well thanks one last time for you committment to the Buffalo Bills, the fans, and this site. God Bless!!

I will stop by from time to time and read some topics but my responding days are over.

Some of you place to much importance in high skill players. The "team" will determine the final outcome.

I thought about placing my real name here, but most likely someone will say I sucked or I was just a good solid player.

IF YOU WERE A FORMER PLAYER,WOULD YOU PLACE YOUR REAL NAME ON THIS BOARD? If you think about it very carefully, the answer is no way! Some will call this thread a hoax but that should be expected from fans in today's world! Everything is a hoax and everybody is a fraud, not always true guys! Some people are honest and until proven otherwise, learn to trust people!

-DIEHARD 1967

A very long time ago Al Bemiller used to work at a Boys Club on the west side of Buffalo. One time when we were playing around he picked me up while I was in my gym clothes and carried me into the shower to cool me off. He was a very easy going person working with some very tough neighborhood kids. He was a good guy.

1967, I hate to see you leave the board. Would you please not tell Cornell Green that I made some very negative comments about him? I'm sure he is a good fellow but as a player I do have some doubts about him.

the massachusettes unit boy's club? where joe b., nick and nate worked? i went there also all of the time from around 63 to 70. please pm me if it's the same club and same time frame.

Disagree. Yes, today's player salaries have skyrocketed beyond belief, but the fact is there is a market to support it. Keep buying your Sunday Ticket and you contribute to the high salaries. Back in Die Hard's day, those salaries were unheard of. These were just guys making a living like you or me -- they were not cashing in back in 1967.

Of course it was different, much different, in Die Hard's day. But he is defending the current NFL athlete--and asking me to be sympathetic to the plight of these guys. That's ridiculous. Any sacrifice they are making (physically) they are being very well compensated for.

This is entertainment. They are entertainers and everyone's a critic.

Waddayagonnado? Ask any of these guys---beats working.

Per somebody's suggestion, I read 1967's last few posts, and I don't see anything out of line.

For somebody who questioned his truthfulness because why would have Lou Saban in your avatar, if Lou only coached him one year, do you have a good picture of Harvey Johnson that he should put in there? :cry:

Not saying I don't believe the guy, but you can't base anything on someone's avatar. For almost two years I had Jill Wagner from Wipeout as my avatar, I sure wish that meant something! Schwing!

Sorry to hear you are going, and I mean that!

Let me ask you a quick question - Did you like everyone that was on the Team when you played on the Bills? or did you think that some of them were jerks?

I bet the answer is, "Yes of course - there were jerks on the team" but as a whole the team was great."

The same is true can be said for TBD - there are jerks but as a whole this site is filled with passionate Bills fans who live and die with every first down.

For what it is worth, I only bash a player who I feel gives up on the team and their careers and do not even try to get better. (I'm referring to a former first rounder who is no longer with the team)

I will always be a Bills fan.

I hope you reconsider and post again.

Nick

+1. Well said.

Edited by RyanC883

Not saying I don't believe the guy, but you can't base anything on someone's avatar. For almost two years I had Jill Wagner from Wipeout as my avatar, I sure wish that meant something! Schwing!

I am also not saying I don't believe the guy. But there is not one player on the Bills 1967 roster with the same birth date as that listed in the OP's profile.

Toodles.

Hope you find your way back.

EDIT: I see Bill Miller (former WR) about once or twice a week. If you want me to say hello for you, send me a PM.

Edited by The Dean

It is great to see ex NFL players come to this board and post their thoughts, I'm glad that you remained anonymous because like with what happened with Tim Graham, someone would find a way to get you mad at everyone and simply quit forever. I know this forum is visited by NFL fans other then Buffalo Bill fans, and they manage to stir things up pretty bad from time to time.

You should take great pride in the fact that you played in the NFL as so few get to do so, the average life span of an NFL player is 3 short years... so you managed to become an above average player.

Somehow I think we will see you again on this board... as it is so difficult to not want to express your opinion about a team you obviously care a great deal about.

Are you ready?

-DIEHARD 1967

The players get paid a hell of a lot of money and its too bad you take offense to the people who pay those bills. Ive worked hard my whole life and I am proud etc,etc etc.... They are football players not someone saving mankind. Get over it, its a sport not a buisness.