Farewell to all, you guys are great fans.... I mean that!

DIE HARD 1967

pretty thin skinned there arent ya paul costa? dick cunninham? paul guidry? remi prudhomme (played both ol and dl!)?

i worked for twenty years in corporate america, the last handful as an executive. do i get offended or upset when people call those kinds of people generally soulless automatons so lost in their godlike worship of money and social status that they become empty shells of people devoid of sensitivity and compassion focused on only the most superficial elements of life as they claw and scratch their way to the front of the rat race even though when they get there they will find it completely lacking in the kind of internal satisfaction they were so desperately looking for leaving them gasping for any kind of semblance of meaning in their wretched lives?

heck no, cuz its usually me making those observations

being under the microscope and criticized unfairly is part of the life celebs choose. sure, it would be great if people werent like that, but they are. you either deal with it, do something about it, or choose other pastures to graze in. what does saying 'hey i used to be one and you guys suck' accomplish? its like the guys around here who announce they are finished with this team and are leaving - thats cool but just go. if youre not actually going to do something to try to make it better than i dont need to hear that youre leaving

people do generally suck, but celebs bring a ton of that upon themselves too. all the money (least nowadays) and attention is like a drug. and just like other addicts, celebs get fooled into thinking their status has something to do with how great they are, so usually they turn into self centered douchebags who cant relate to the average joe. same thing with corporate execs, actually. not always, of course, but enough that the people in those circle self-perpetuate the poisoning of their spiritual selves and cementing the douchebaggery among most of them

thats the reason i dont buy or wear current players jerseys, because i refuse to stoke the hero worshipping sickness that entraps a great many fans and players. celebs are just people, usually (not always) attention craving messed up people, but people nonetheless. im not going to feed their addiction, nor am i gonna feed mine. i will watch, i will root, and i will pay to attend games, but i wont put the humans involved on any kind of pedestal. they really become more like two dimensional cartoon characters, which is pretty much the same impact they have on my life. if they dont want to get to know me as a person and like me for it then why would i want to make them a hero in my life?

so go in peace. but next time dont announce when youre leaving. if youve really had your fill you dont need to tell everybody about it

Hear frigging hear!!

Word.

Agreed.

+1,000,000

Absolutely this.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty thin skinned there arent ya paul costa? dick cunninham? paul guidry? remi prudhomme (played both ol and dl!)?

i worked for twenty years in corporate america, the last handful as an executive. do i get offended or upset when people call those kinds of people generally soulless automatons so lost in their godlike worship of money and social status that they become empty shells of people devoid of sensitivity and compassion focused on only the most superficial elements of life as they claw and scratch their way to the front of the rat race even though when they get there they will find it completely lacking in the kind of internal satisfaction they were so desperately looking for leaving them gasping for any kind of semblance of meaning in their wretched lives?

heck no, cuz its usually me making those observations

being under the microscope and criticized unfairly is part of the life celebs choose. sure, it would be great if people werent like that, but they are. you either deal with it, do something about it, or choose other pastures to graze in. what does saying 'hey i used to be one and you guys suck' accomplish? its like the guys around here who announce they are finished with this team and are leaving - thats cool but just go. if youre not actually going to do something to try to make it better than i dont need to hear that youre leaving

people do generally suck, but celebs bring a ton of that upon themselves too. all the money (least nowadays) and attention is like a drug. and just like other addicts, celebs get fooled into thinking their status has something to do with how great they are, so usually they turn into self centered douchebags who cant relate to the average joe. same thing with corporate execs, actually. not always, of course, but enough that the people in those circle self-perpetuate the poisoning of their spiritual selves and cementing the douchebaggery among most of them

thats the reason i dont buy or wear current players jerseys, because i refuse to stoke the hero worshipping sickness that entraps a great many fans and players. celebs are just people, usually (not always) attention craving messed up people, but people nonetheless. im not going to feed their addiction, nor am i gonna feed mine. i will watch, i will root, and i will pay to attend games, but i wont put the humans involved on any kind of pedestal. they really become more like two dimensional cartoon characters, which is pretty much the same impact they have on my life. if they dont want to get to know me as a person and like me for it then why would i want to make them a hero in my life?

so go in peace. but next time dont announce when youre leaving. if youve really had your fill you dont need to tell everybody about it

Moving from the fry-o-later to the drive thru is not inching your way through corporate America.

Yeah

This is not a knock against the board, actually its the opposite.....wonderful place to hang out.

I am going to tell you a little secret but this will change your attitude about your threads and comments!

Are you ready?

I played for the Buffalo Bills 1967-1972. I read your comments and I now understand the fans better. Just a little warning here!

The players do frequent the message boards, and they do care what you write and yes I personally know 1 former player that posts here!!! Yep, it is true! If you investigate, you could easily figure it out! I did ! I PMed the guy and we now chat from time to time!

So why leave the board now? No player or former player is interested reading garbage about why a player should be waived or why he is overpaid.These are proud, proud former star college football players. The career is short, the physical burden is high and the players are just people. We all have emotions and nobody enjoys bashing! The Buffalo fans are the best but by far the most frustrated.

I will stop by from time to time and read some topics but my responding days are over.

Oh, and my prediction for 2010?

Some of you place to much importance in high skill players. The "team" will determine the final outcome.

Buffalo is better then most of you think and a playoff birth is not impossible!

I thought about placing my real name here, but most likely someone will say I sucked or I was just a good solid player.

Either way I will not be happy because football was my LIFE and still is!

So I ask the question and this is a good one.....

IF YOU WERE A FORMER PLAYER,WOULD YOU PLACE YOUR REAL NAME ON THIS BOARD? If you think about it very carefully, the answer is no way! Some will call this thread a hoax but that should be expected from fans in today's world! Everything is a hoax and everybody is a fraud, not always true guys! Some people are honest and until proven otherwise, learn to trust people!

Good luck on your threads, the season, and GO BILLS!!!

-DIEHARD 1967

Die Hard, even when I disagreed with you, I always respected the way you posted, open and friendly, honest. Your loss is a blow for these boards.

I certainly wouldn't give my name, if I were you. As a matter of fact, if I were a current player, I'd never visit any boards. It's not these boards particularly, but that the internet, and in fact, public discussion in the last five to ten years, has lost out in civility and manners. I'm sure I'm as guilty as many others.

I disagree with your prognostication for the year, but respect it. I salute you for your kindness here and your commitment and hard work for the Bills during hard times.

Good luck to you.

Sorry to see you go. if you are in the LA area let me know i will buy you a beer someplace.

This board is sad sometimes. I was actually warned by a moderator for attacking another poster who was being vicious to a bills player. I get warned and the other guy got nothing. My response to the moderator was how do you know that player isn't on this board at all?

I received no response. I kept the PM.

I have always thought that players check out this board. It makes sense. Donte Whitner has gotten attacked on facebook and twitter but i am pretty sure these same people would ask for his autograph if they saw him in person.

Die hard you joined a couple days after I did. I was a long time lurker before but finally signed up when I left the country. I remember when you joined because you posted in the I just joined the board thread right after I did.

I was 7 when you started playing for the Bills and some of those teams you were on during that period were my favs even though it was the toughest period in the franchises history. Who could forget beating the Jets, the year they went to the Superbowl. I would have a lot of questions for you if you did stay.

Like; what made the team crash and burn so bad? Is Ralph the reason as much as we think he was? Who was the best you played against? Do you like Ralph? What did you do after FB?

That football card some one posted brings back memories, I had that one.

There are a bunch of ppl on here who are on my ignore list because they say stuff that is just rude, didn't like it as a fan in the stadium and don't like it here. Thanks for reminding ppl that others have feelings. At least here you can ignore them.

So finally I am glad you were on here and somewhat enjoyed it. I have been thinking about getting off here too. Sorry to see one of my favs go.

This is not a knock against the board, actually its the opposite.....wonderful place to hang out.

I am going to tell you a little secret but this will change your attitude about your threads and comments!

Are you ready?

I played for the Buffalo Bills 1967-1972. I read your comments and I now understand the fans better. Just a little warning here!

The players do frequent the message boards, and they do care what you write and yes I personally know 1 former player that posts here!!! Yep, it is true! If you investigate, you could easily figure it out! I did ! I PMed the guy and we now chat from time to time!

So why leave the board now? No player or former player is interested reading garbage about why a player should be waived or why he is overpaid.These are proud, proud former star college football players. The career is short, the physical burden is high and the players are just people. We all have emotions and nobody enjoys bashing! The Buffalo fans are the best but by far the most frustrated.

I will stop by from time to time and read some topics but my responding days are over.

Oh, and my prediction for 2010?

Some of you place to much importance in high skill players. The "team" will determine the final outcome.

Buffalo is better then most of you think and a playoff birth is not impossible!

I thought about placing my real name here, but most likely someone will say I sucked or I was just a good solid player.

Either way I will not be happy because football was my LIFE and still is!

So I ask the question and this is a good one.....

IF YOU WERE A FORMER PLAYER,WOULD YOU PLACE YOUR REAL NAME ON THIS BOARD? If you think about it very carefully, the answer is no way! Some will call this thread a hoax but that should be expected from fans in today's world! Everything is a hoax and everybody is a fraud, not always true guys! Some people are honest and until proven otherwise, learn to trust people!

Good luck on your threads, the season, and GO BILLS!!!

-DIEHARD 1967

Thank you for your posts. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are telling the truth about being a former player. So thanks for taking time to post and comment with the fans.

Why don't we hold the sh!theels on this board as accountable as they hold the players? Instead of just leaving, why not give the names of the posters that are the reason you are leaving? Too many good posters have left only saying,"this place sucks"(I'm paraphrasing). This place doesn't suck, but a few posters do. Why not name them and leave the rest of the good ones out of it? We all put them on our ignore list and move on.

Edited by SwampD

Die hard you joined a couple days after I did. I was a long time lurker before but finally signed up when I left the country. I remember when you joined because you posted in the I just joined the board thread right after I did.

I was 7 when you started playing for the Bills and some of those teams you were on during that period were my favs even though it was the toughest period in the franchises history. Who could forget beating the Jets, the year they went to the Superbowl. I would have a lot of questions for you if you did stay.

Like; what made the team crash and burn so bad? Is Ralph the reason as much as we think he was? Who was the best you played against? Do you like Ralph? What did you do after FB?

That football card some one posted brings back memories, I had that one.

There are a bunch of ppl on here who are on my ignore list because they say stuff that is just rude, didn't like it as a fan in the stadium and don't like it here. Thanks for reminding ppl that others have feelings. At least here you can ignore them.

So finally I am glad you were on here and somewhat enjoyed it. I have been thinking about getting off here too. Sorry to see one of my favs go.

I was going to say something similar - I was 5 in 67, and went to my first game in 68, so that stretch from 67-72 when they were out of the playoffs seemed ten times longer than the current stretch. When you're in your 40s, years fly by as opposed to when you from 5-10.

And, I think part of it was being 1-13, John Rauch using OJ as a decoy, etc. and I just missed the run of greatness before it.

But, still great times - and I would love to talk to Diehard myself because of my fond memories of my childhood teams.

I don't get it. I get as irritated as anyone at the constant pessimists who think everyone who's not a pro-bowler is a bust, but that's the way it is. There are always going to be those people. To decide not to post because of that is curious at best. I think I liked the copyright thread better than this. It's a shame too because you're contributions had value.

I don't get it. I get as irritated as anyone at the constant pessimists who think everyone who's not a pro-bowler is a bust, but that's the way it is. There are always going to be those people. To decide not to post because of that is curious at best. I think I liked the copyright thread better than this. It's a shame too because you're contributions had value.

Some ppl don't have a high threshold of irritated, I know sometimes this place well, let's put it this way phhhpt! :wallbash: I wonder why I waste my time.

Is Die Hard the same guy who got that vshare toolbar stuck on my computer??

More likely he is leaving because of a beef he had with the Mods re: copywrite stuff (see his recent post history).

Anyway...sorry, no sympathy here for the "proud, proud former college athletes". These pros are paid for those "4 years" more than most Americans will earn in a lifetime of actual hard work. Never forget they are playing a game for ridiculous money and adulation that is out of proportion to their contibution to society. They are amongst the most privileged citizens in the land. If they accept the adulation, they must accept the criticism that has accompanied all teams by fans since the beginning of organised sports. If a player can't handle the sometimes ill-informed or mean spirited postings of unsatisfied fans, well....who cares? Players come and go. The Bills and the team's fans will remain.

Enough with the dramatic exit announcements already.

Is Die Hard the same guy who got that vshare toolbar stuck on my computer??

More likely he is leaving because of a beef he had with the Mods re: copywrite stuff (see his recent post history).

Anyway...sorry, no sympathy here for the "proud, proud former college athletes". These pros are paid for those "4 years" more than most Americans will earn in a lifetime of actual hard work. Never forget they are playing a game for ridiculous money and adulation that is out of proportion to their contibution to society. They are amongst the most privileged citizens in the land. If they accept the adulation, they must accept the criticism that has accompanied all teams by fans since the beginning of organised sports. If a player can't handle the sometimes ill-informed or mean spirited postings of unsatisfied fans, well....who cares? Players come and go. The Bills and the team's fans will remain.

Enough with the dramatic exit announcements already.

Disagree. Yes, today's player salaries have skyrocketed beyond belief, but the fact is there is a market to support it. Keep buying your Sunday Ticket and you contribute to the high salaries. Back in Die Hard's day, those salaries were unheard of. These were just guys making a living like you or me -- they were not cashing in back in 1967.