Far be it for me to take pleasure in other's misfortunes

tbonestake

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didnt deserve to make the 3rd probowl team, and he didnt deserve 11 million ... thankfully he's Philly's problem now

Quit whining. He is a probowl LT just accept it. You can't question the ruler because you don't like the measurement. Players and coaches voted him in along with some fan support last year. I'll take the opinion of actual players and coaches in the nfl over any of the blowhards in this forum. INCLUDING myself, one of the biggest blowhards of all. I am fine with people not liking his business acumen or how he handled the negotiation process but saying he didn't deserve any or all nominations is not a smart statement.

MAN. I wish we had Phillys problem. I would love a probowl LT right now.

Edited by PDaDdy

Eagles-Chiefs: Random observations -from Mark Mosley ESPN

Left tackle Jason Peters picked up right where he left off last season with some untimely false starts. The second false start knocked the Eagles out of field goal position.

<LI>I was not impressed with Bobby April's coverage units. McCluster gave the Eagles fits on kickoff returns.

Now the Bobby April one wasn't as bad as the Peters one, but you guys and gals comment if you wish...

If I was picking a team from scratch Bobby April would be my ST Coach.

Quit whining. He is a probowl LT just accept it. You can't question the ruler because you don't like the measurement. Players and coaches voted him in along with some fan support last year. I'll take the opinion of actual players and coaches in the nfl over any of the blowhards in this forum. INCLUDING myself, one of the biggest blowhards of all. I am fine with people not liking his business acumen or how he handled the negotiation process but saying he didn't deserve any or all nominations is not a smart statement.

MAN. I wish we had Phillys problem. I would love a probowl LT right now.

The only whiners are those complaining he's gone. Reality is he probably didnt deserve the 2nd pro bowl either. he's really only had 1 pro bowl season.

pro bowl in a lot of ways is a joke; a popularity contest. nothing more. if you want to base your personnel decisions solely on that, you'll have a lot of overpaid, over rated, under achievers, who can say "but, hey I'm a probowler. pay me!"

Are you Jason Peters' agent or something?:huh: Can you justify his holdout while you're at it?

He probably didn't want to waste his career playing for the Bills Organization. Would you, if you could choose rather work for Honda, or Yugo? He didn't want to play for the Bills. Hate if you like, but I can understand why he would want to leave.

He probably didn't want to waste his career playing for the Bills Organization. Would you, if you could choose rather work for Honda, or Yugo? He didn't want to play for the Bills. Hate if you like, but I can understand why he would want to leave.

And yet, here you are. I had no idea that "Throwit" is Serbo-Croatian for self-hate.

And yet, here you are. I had no idea that "Throwit" is Serbo-Croatian for self-hate.

I know it's terrible. I don't expect the players to love the team like I do. I'm just being a realist. jason peters isn't from Buffalo, and playing for the Bills has to be akin to an assigned post in Siberia. Believe me, I want them to turn it around, but they have been floundering for at least a decade. It's his life, his career.

Edited by ThrowIt

fine, let him waste Philadelphia's money

10 million?...11 million? Who cares? Sounds about right for an elite LT with 3 concurrent probowls AND counting. Where is the old.."it's just preseason it doesn't count!" Guess thats only the reply when it's a guy that you like thats screwing the pooch in preseason or when your starting offense can't get in the endzone.

Three probowls at the same time? Now that is freakin impressive.

Oh, you mean the same kind of false starts Demetrius Bell is getting? The same kind Ruben Brown used to get?

How much does Bell get per false start? He is probably at least $900,000 in front of Peters from last year alone.

We arent taking Wood and Nelson over Peters...We are taking Demetrius Bell or Jamon Meredith over Peters...Hence the reason our Offensive Line still blows donkey dick and there is not a single player CLOSE to Peters' talent. (And DONT say Eric Wood, because he is literally a Center who happens to be playing Guard...He has no skill to be a tackle and has never played as a tackle.)

SO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL TRYING TO COME UP WITH REASONS AS TO WHY JASON PETERS IS NOT A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER...GIVE IT UP! OUR ORGANIZATION GOT RID OF ARGUABLY THE BEST PLAYER, CERTAINLY THE BEST O-LINEMAN, THE BUFFALO BILLS HAVE SEEN IN A DECADE! WE WERE UNABLE TO REPLACE HIM THEN, AND WE STILL ARE YET TO REPLACE HIM WITH SOMEONE EVEN CLOSE TO HIS SKILL LEVEL!

Yeah, we'll never be able to find another morbidly obese TE and stick him at LT--and then argue over whether he was elite or sucked.

SO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL TRYING TO COME UP WITH REASONS AS TO WHY JASON PETERS IS NOT A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER...GIVE IT UP! OUR ORGANIZATION GOT RID OF ARGUABLY THE BEST PLAYER, CERTAINLY THE BEST O-LINEMAN, THE BUFFALO BILLS HAVE SEEN IN A DECADE! WE WERE UNABLE TO REPLACE HIM THEN, AND WE STILL ARE YET TO REPLACE HIM WITH SOMEONE EVEN CLOSE TO HIS SKILL LEVEL!

Mr. Parker, Eric Wood has more talent in his pinky then Jason Peters has in his whole being. I am sorry that you are delussional and have a lazy, albeit rich client. I am glad he made you a boat load of cash and you were able to work the system but get off our Buffalo Bills boards because it is trolls like you that make this place a difficult arena to support our frachise. A franchise that has trimed the fat lazy players (Peters) and is turning the corner in the front office and coaching area's. If a player refuses to work hard enough (Haynesworth syndrome) they should be cut, released and striped of their contract. What would be even beter is if the franchise could recouped the money from the POS agents who are the reason the game is in the shape it is in. The only ones worse than the agents are the owners. If it was about football than I would not mind the money. The problem with Peters, Haynesworth, Peppers etc.... is that they are about the Money for Money sake and once they get paid they stop working. Jason Peters is no longer here and thank god because Philly can deal with his laziness now. He will have brilliant moments but he will make devasting mistakes because he is lazy and he already got paid!! (Sorry for the rant)

Edited by Lenigmusx

"I am fine with people not liking his business acumen or how he handled the negotiation process but saying he didn't deserve any or all nominations is not a smart statement." -PDaDdy

The only whiners are those complaining he's gone. Reality is he probably didnt deserve the 2nd pro bowl either. he's really only had 1 pro bowl season.

pro bowl in a lot of ways is a joke; a popularity contest. nothing more. if you want to base your personnel decisions solely on that, you'll have a lot of overpaid, over rated, under achievers, who can say "but, hey I'm a probowler. pay me!"

You do realize it was a "Peters is no good" whiner that started the thread right? Your a joke. You people need to get over it. You're like jilted girlfriends that can't let go when your "man" dumped you and is off banging some other chick.

What's next? Are you going to slash his tires, go have a good cry and then eat a half gallon of ice cream while watching old footage of the superbowl years?

See above about the validity of his probowl nominations.

Three probowls at the same time? Now that is freakin impressive.

YES...that's how good he is!!! Lol...Obviously in my haste I meant to type consecutive. Good catch though.

Edited by PDaDdy

I humbly submit that the amount of money a veteran NFL player gets in a contract does not prove his overall ranking as a top player. It may reflect the signing team's HOPE that this will be a dominant player. Albert Haynesworth (sp?) kinda blows up that approach.

I believe no one thing is an accurate measure of a player's value. God (insert diety of your choice)knows Ruben Brown proved several times that pro-bowl nominations also tend to be highly suspect as well.

Me personally; I would have preferred if Peters had honored his contract and busted his hump to show he deserved a new contract. I would hope the Bills would have met him half-way, but his approach sucked.

Yup. A guy who was ranked the best LT in the NFL right up till his ankle injury in Week 5 by PFF, who played through a gimpy ankle injury for the rest of the years despite the fact that he obviously couldn't move well, a guy who played the rest of the year taking it for the team because even injured he was the best guy on the team, a guy who despite his injuries ended up about 18th in the league out of all left and right tackles, 75 of them, if I remember correctly.

And Promo. I've corrected you on this like five times. Let me put it in caps. HELLO, PROMO. JASON PETERS GETS $10.1 MILLION PER YEAR. IT'S A LOT OF MONEY, BUT IT'S NOT $11 MILLION. Did that register yet? I've corrected you on this again and again and again. Check it on rotoworld. Check it absolutely anywhere. $10.1 million per year. When you get your facts wrong, especially so consistently, it puts your opinions in question also.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Details_of_Jason_Peters_Juicy_New_Deal.html

Rotoworld also has it for $60.657 mill over six years.

Well see, there ya go. Its 10.1095 per year, idiot!

I humbly submit that the amount of money a veteran NFL player gets in a contract does not prove his overall ranking as a top player. It may reflect the signing team's HOPE that this will be a dominant player. Albert Haynesworth (sp?) kinda blows up that approach.

I believe no one thing is an accurate measure of a player's value. God (insert diety of your choice)knows Ruben Brown proved several times that pro-bowl nominations also tend to be highly suspect as well.

Me personally; I would have preferred if Peters had honored his contract and busted his hump to show he deserved a new contract. I would hope the Bills would have met him half-way, but his approach sucked.

If the Bills wanted to keep him at RT, when he signed his contract, they should have kept him at RT. When you get a promotion, like to LT, don't you want a pay raise or are you one of those wimps that lets your employer abuse you and promote you to a better position but not give you the money?

Edited by PDaDdy

What's $900,000 between friends? Maybe there are bonuses that get him over the $11 million mark?...like $100,000 per false start, perhaps?

Hey, $900,000 here, $900,000 there, and pretty soon you're talkin' real money.

(Said it before and I'll say it again - screw Peters, he's DEFINITELY not worth $10M+ per season, and I'm glad he's gone.)