Pats* can't run

Dr. K

28 yards rushing against the Rams last night.

I know it's pre-season, but 28 yards against the Rams?

But Brady threw three TDs.

It's also interesting that the Pats played Brady into the fourth quarter. Why did they do that? Does he need the work? I doubt it. Were they that eager to beat the Rams? Why?

Edited by Dr. K

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 yards rushing against the Rams last night.

I know it's pre-season, but 28 yards against the Rams?

But Brady threw three TDs.

It's also interesting that the Pats played Brady into the fourth quarter. Why did they do that? Does he need the work? I doubt it. Were they that eager to beat the Rams? Why?

My guess would be 'yes'. Passing teams need to get the timing down and the 3d pre-season game usually seems like the time to give your offense is full dress rehersal.

I sure hope the Bills can figure out a pass rush against Brady or it's going to be another 0-2 this year.

My guess would be 'yes'. Passing teams need to get the timing down and the 3d pre-season game usually seems like the time to give your offense is full dress rehersal.

I sure hope the Bills can figure out a pass rush against Brady or it's going to be another 0-2 this year.

Could be. But if this is their offense's full dress rehearsal, they will be the worst running team in the league.

I know the trend now is for teams to succeed without having to run very well, but this strikes me as a vulnerability.

Edited by Dr. K

Guest dog14787

Shut down Randy Moss and you muzzle the New England Patriots explosive passing attack in my opinion and I believe the Bills secondary is up to the task. The Buffalo Bills are a different team now, we will run the ball, control the clock and keep Tom Brady off the field as much as possible.

The Buffalo Bills can and will beat the New England Patriots this season,

I Billieve...

Shut down Randy Moss and you muzzle the New England Patriots explosive passing attack in my opinion and I believe the Bills secondary is up to the task. The Buffalo Bills are a different team now, we will run the ball, control the clock and keep Tom Brady off the field as much as possible.

I Billieve...

If Brady has time he will find the 2nd and 3rd receivers and we are going to be in trouble.

Pressure on Brady is the surest way to beat him. See: Super Bowl loss to Giants.

Playing the Pats* in bad weather would be helpful if thay are that reliant on the pass.

The Pats haven't really cared about the run for several years now, they have Maroney and Fred Taylor as their backs. They haven't had a true featured back since the days of Curtis Martin, maybe Corey Dillon. It looks like that philosophy has paid off.

Passing is very exciting, but in order to consistently win in the NFL, you need to be able to run and defend against the run.

I think you need to defend the run, no doubt. But in today's NFL, passing is the key to winning games more than running.

The Pats haven't really cared about the run for several years now, they have Maroney and Fred Taylor as their backs. They haven't had a true featured back since the days of Curtis Martin, maybe Corey Dillon. It looks like that philosophy has paid off.

The Patsies don't need Moron-ey to run the ball.. even their 3rd string backup law-firm-named dude ran all over us.

An intense pass rush might be just about the only way to get it done. With holdouts and injuries this might be the weakest their O-line has been in a decade.. yet it's light years ahead of our O-line.

I think you need to defend the run, no doubt. But in today's NFL, passing is the key to winning games more than running.

Been hearing that phrase now for 25+ years.

I started hearing it during the Air Coryell years. I heard it again when the West Coast offense came rolling out. Heard it again when teams started running the Run 'N Shoot offense.

Run, stop the run. One of the basics of football.

if you look at last year against them i dont think the pats offense did anything against us. freddy had a monster game week one and i think edwards threw for more than brady. the second game i think fitzy played and even he beat out the pats.

Guest dog14787

If Brady has time he will find the 2nd and 3rd receivers and we are going to be in trouble.

Pressure on Brady is the surest way to beat him. See: Super Bowl loss to Giants.

Playing the Pats* in bad weather would be helpful if thay are that reliant on the pass.

The biggest strength of the buffalo Bills is the secondary, second biggest, the running game, both key ingredients to beating the Pats in my opinion,

Turnovers, we need turnovers, and we have enough talented personnel to win the turnover battle and time of possession, which normally equates to W's

When you throw the ball against the Bills defense, you are throwing the ball into the mist of some of the most dangerous return men in football in my opinion.

Edited by dog14787

The Pats haven't really cared about the run for several years now, they have Maroney and Fred Taylor as their backs.

Exactly. The Pats* have been a pass first team for years and sure seem to have had success with it.

As for the secondary; it's meaningless if they can't pressure Brady. If he has time, he's going to find an open receiver, period.

The biggest strength of the buffalo Bills is the secondary, second biggest, the running game, both key ingredients to beating the Pats in my opinion,

Turnovers, we need turnovers, and we have enough talented personnel to win the turnover battle and time of possession, which normally equates to W's

When you throw the ball against the Bills defense, you are throwing the ball into the mist of some of the most dangerous return men in football in my opinion.

Time of possession in this Pats-Rams game

Pats: 16:14

Rams: 43:46

The only reason the score was close was that that Pats returned the opening kickoff for a TD, and the Pats intercepted a pass and ran it back inside the 10.

This is all pre-season, but the Pats were playing against last year's worst team in the league. With the Pats starting offense playing into the fourth quarter.

The Pats and the Colts have proved in recent years that you don't need a good running game to win a lot of games. However, 28 yards a game is beyond abysmal, and I guarantee if they run like that all season and pile up 16 minutes in time of possession, I don't care how good Brady and Moss and Welker are, they will be lucky to win half their games.

Edited by Dr. K

I Billieve...

CAN YOU SAY WES WELKER IS BACK !!!!!

Could be. But if this is their offense's full dress rehearsal, they will be the worst running team in the league.

I know the trend now is for teams to succeed without having to run very well, but this strikes me as a vulnerability.

Brady's throws to Welker are effectively RUN plays in their system. It is often a hitch-and-catch for 5-6 yards between Brady and Welker.

The problem has not been the SEcondary. It is the inability of our LBs to cover their damn TEs....Two TDs to Ben Watson in the closing minutes of the game sealed our season opener last year.

Brady's throws to Welker are effectively RUN plays in their system. It is often a hitch-and-catch for 5-6 yards between Brady and Welker.

I know how they use Welker. It works fine--up to a point.

Are the Pats going to win the division on 28 yards rushing and 16 minutes of possession per game?

I'm not saying the Bills are going to beat them. But I think they are incredibly vulnerable. I bet Belichick isn't dismissing the performance against the Rams last night, and if that was the "full dress rehearsal" of their offense, any good team they play, including even the dog-ass Jets, is going to beat them like a red-headed stepchild. They could quite realistically fold like a house of cards in the regular season.

Of course, I could be wrong. :flirt:

Edited by Dr. K