Pats* can't run

Dr. K

And why was our pass defense ranked so high? Because teams ran up and down the field on us and they didn't have to pass, that's why.

No. This is incorrect. The Bills pass defense was in the top three in opponent's passer efficiency rating opponent's completion percentage, opponents yards per attempt, and interception ratio.

None of these categories have anything to do with how often other teams ran or passed against the Bills. It show that when teams attempted to throw against us, they were simply not effective. On top of that, our dismal run defense should make it harder to have a good pass defense because the defense would have to commit more players in the box, to sell out to stop the run. This would normally make our pass defense less effective. But it didn't.

...except they went 17-1 after the Spygate game.

But they haven't won a Super Bowl since the cheating disclosures. To me and many others, that is very significant.

I don't worship the Pats. I hate them more than anything on this planet. But it's the same people here that homer-up and give all these BS reasons why this year is "the year" to beat New England. We got swept when they had Matt Cassell playing QB and he hadn't played a football game in years! This year we're rebuilding, our defense is in disarray, and we still have no QB. Sorry, the homers are too much here.

There are people who get angry about Bills fans getting hopeful and optimistic.

There are people who get angry about Bills fans being negative and pessimistic.

To me, it really boils down to how a person views the world.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...except they went 17-1 after the Spygate game.

Come on, that's hardly the same. Are any of those guys even close to over the hill? Maybe Moss has lost a step. You're talking about guys who retired ten years ago. I'm talking about guys who are near the end of the prime of their careers. That's a terrible argument to make.

I don't worship the Pats. I hate them more than anything on this planet. But it's the same people here that homer-up and give all these BS reasons why this year is "the year" to beat New England. We got swept when they had Matt Cassell playing QB and he hadn't played a football game in years! This year we're rebuilding, our defense is in disarray, and we still have no QB. Sorry, the homers are too much here.

My only point is that the Pats are not the team that went 17-1 any more than the 1995 Bills were the 1990 Bills even though they key names were the same. I would think anyone watching the Pats over the last season or so would see that. The are a much more vulnerable team, older in the key positions, and in general have not replaced the departed players with younger players of equal ability (though they still have plenty of talent).

And I'm not saying the Bills are better. I don't know if this is the year the Bills finally win one from them; we'll see.