NY Jets on Hard Knocks

Jets on Hard Knocks  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Does what you see on Hard Knocks make the Jets look like a winning team to you?

• Yes - they are justifying their hype
    • No - they look overrated
    • No - but the show is making a good team look bad

Everything I see of the Jets on Hard Knocks makes me think that is a team in for a serious collapse.

They are old all over the place, except for their QB who looks both stupid and just generally bad.

They are getting pumped up about ancient hand-me-down players like LT and Jason Taylor. Jason Taylor??? The Dolphins have already dumped him twice with a Redskins stint in between! How should he scare anyone at this point?

Kris Jenkins is supposed to be scary, but he also looks old and washed up.

All I see from the coach is a lot of energy (which is good), but not so much brains, which seems to translate to the players he brings in.

I realize I could be biased - but someone tell me what I am missing that makes this NYJ team look like a real SB contender this year?

Edited by BobChalmers

It's a little tough to say, because you don't see what they edit out (and they can make a story line look like whatever they want)...

That said, Sanchez seems pretty immature - not really paying attention, screwing around, in fact the entire team (or scene) doesn't seem overly disciplined.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens to Sanchez and crew as the season goes on.

And who's going to run the ball? Tomlinson? Thomas Jones was their running game last year.

Assuming Revis comes back, it all depends on Sanchez's performance. He can't go 12/20 and expect the same outcome. If he goes 20/12 for 3,500 yards they are a super bowl team. All the other pieces are in place. It's also interesting to see how the LG position plays out. They were high on Ducasse playing the position but apparently he's not definitely starting there.

I don't get that fancy TV :cry:

rex ryan came charging hard last year, backed up his bullsh-t to an extent, ESPN and the NYC media, being what they are, fed into it. i find the revis contract dispute and the jets hype nauseating. i obviously hope they fall on their A$$,nothing would be sweeter. all that being said, i sure wish the bills would have hired rex ryan. i hate saying that, thinking that, and am so jealous i am ashamed of myself!

Personally, I find Rex Ryan to be hilarious and highly likable. Who knows how it will translate to the field.

Totally agree...I actually really like Rex Ryan and if he was our coach this board would be quoting him and drooling all over this guy. Hes a Jet though, so I get the hate on here...but I like him.

Rex didnt even know his team had a chance to make the playoffs last year. They were a 7-7 until the bengals and colts layed down and let them into the ploayoffs. I could see them having a better season as long as sanchez has a good year, but teams are gonna try to shut the run down and make sanchez win the game.

Rex didnt even know his team had a chance to make the playoffs last year. They were a 7-7 until the bengals and colts layed down and let them into the ploayoffs. I could see them having a better season as long as sanchez has a good year, but teams are gonna try to shut the run down and make sanchez win the game.

I pray for a day when someone says they think the Bills are "overrated".

Short memory?

The 2008 Bills were 5-1 after the bye. They were shooting up the power rankings and some here were comparing Trent (favorably) to Montana.

The entire Jets coaching staff, with the exception of Henry Ellard, comes off like the biggest bunch of dicks I have ever seen in my life. I honestly think that they took those comments from Dungy and said, f*** it, let's all start swearing even more. I'm on Dungy's side 100%. You do not have to drop f-bombs every other word to get your point across and assert your authority. I've watched every episode of every season of Hard Knocks probably twice and every other season, I've found myself secretly kind of pulling for the guys on the team until this year. I'm making it official: I now hate the Jets more than the Patriots. I hate Mark Sanchez. I hate Rex Ryan. I hate that gimpy special teams coach. Oh, I have to like Rex Ryan because he's an a**hole? Because they were 7-7 last year before they went up against a bunch of scrubs? F*** the Jets, Bills for life.

Edited by metzelaars_lives